2011 Big Ten Football

I'm not sure if it HAS happened before.

The Buckeyes went from Woody (1951 - 1978) to Earle Bruce (1979-1987) to Cooper (1988 - 2000 ) to Tressel ( 2001 - 2010) and Fickell, thats it.

60 years, 4 coaches, thats pretty good I think !

As for Michigan,
Bo went from 1969 to 1989, Gary Moeller from 1990 to 1994, then LLLLLLLoyd Carr from 1995 to 2007, then Rich Rod 2008 to 2010 and now Brady Hoke.

So, in the current times (since Woody and Bo anyways) the teams have never been without coaches in the same years.

As for Michigan,
Bo went from 1969 to 1989, Gary Moeller from 1990 to 1994, then LLLLLLLoyd Carr from 1995 to 2007, then Rich Rod 2008 to 2010 and now Brady Hoke.

So, in the current times (since Woody and Bo anyways) the teams have never been without coaches in the same years.

Rich Rodriguez doesn't count. I've started a petition to erase him from the Michigan history books. In fact, I'll be visiting Doc Brown and taking an 88 mph trip in the a Delorean soon. :)

Rich Rodriguez doesn't count. I've started a petition to erase him from the Michigan history books. In fact, I'll be visiting Doc Brown and taking an 88 mph trip in the a Delorean soon. :)

When you do that, let me know, I'll go with you, I'd like to remove the Cooper error ...
Just the last two games of each year !

When you do that, let me know, I'll go with you, I'd like to remove the Cooper error ...
Just the last two games of each year !

Cooper was probably the best coach in the NCAA...until those final two weeks when he turned in Rich Rodriguez. Still, I would trade you 3-years of RR plus a lung for 12-years of Coop. And people ask us why we drink? :D

Who's Your Team?

Michigan Wolverine fanatic here! I bleed Maize & Blue each football and hockey season. :)

Dislikes: Losing!
Strong Dislikes: Rich Rodriguez and his lingering stench! (I have issues :rolleyes:)

Anway, I am looking forward to another exciting Big Ten football season. Good luck to all the Hawkeyes, Spartans, Golden Gophers, Cornhuskers, Wildcats, Fighting Illini, Hoosiers, Buckeyes, Nittany Lions, Boilermakers and Badgers faithful.

Michigan Wolverine fanatic here! I bleed Maize & Blue each football and hockey season. :)

Strong Dislikes: Rich Rodriguez and his lingering stench! (I have issues :rolleyes:)

Anway, I am looking forward to another exciting Big Ten football season. Good luck to all the Hawkeyes, Spartans, Golden Gophers, Cornhuskers, Wildcats, Fighting Illini, Hoosiers, Buckeyes, Nittany Lions, Boilermakers and Badgers faithful.

My team is rather Obvious !

I haven't heard from Wozniak in a month. I was actually wondering if somebody was gonna talk about the Maize and Blue during his absence.

Early Scores

Wisconsin 51 UNLV 17 (Thurs)
Michigan State 28 Youngstown State 6 (Fri)
Ohio State 42 Akron 0
Penn State 41 Indiana State 7
Purdue 27 Middle Tennessee 24
Northwestern 24 Boston College 17

Winconsin looked really good. Ohio State looked Okay (hard to tell playing a 1-11 Akron team). Michigan State was disappointing. Penn State looked solid. Purdue won an exciting come from behind game, and Northwestern looked pretty good is a fun win at Boston College.

Michigan with a much needed INT taken for a TD

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)