2011 Big Ten Football

Nebraska fan here. There is a post a ways back about the Huskers record against the B1G teams. Though I would add a bit to that. Here are the life time records with the Huskers wins listed first

Illinois 7-2-1 last played 1986
Indiana 7-9-1 last palyed 1978
Iowa 26-12-2 last played 2000
Michigan 2-3-1 last played 2005
Mich State 5-0 last played 2003
Minnesota 20-29-2 last played 1990
Northwestern 3-1 last played 2000
Ohio St 0-2 last played 1956
Penn St 6-7 last played 2003
Prudue 0-1 last played 1958
Wisconsin 3-2 last played 1974

Excited about the move! How will the Huskers do? Who knows, any who says otherwise is only guessing more than any other year. The pieces are there but there will be so many firsts that how they fit will be anyones guess. In the long run the Huskers will fit well in the B1G and will hold their own. There will be a lot of great games played over th comming years and the Hsukers will win their share and suffer some heatbreaks. One thing I know for sure, it will be fun!

EDIT
As you can see we already establised that we own Iowa so with that out of the way we will have to see where the rest fall!

Last edited:
What's with the BTN and D*? They keep switching channels on me. Can someone give me a list of the channels the games are on now? Thanks.

I wish I could help you but at least someone posted this is link in another thread: Football 2011

Additionally, I'm back-and-forth between Texas and Virginia and trying to figure out where Michigan is playing (on what channel and in what area) is hopeless. I keep showing "TBA" for BTN and ESPN2 for both the Comcast and FiOS listings. Additionally, I just noticed that the ESPN Gameplan is practically useless now that the BTN and other Conference television networks have popped-up. Gameplan was a life-saver for many years, but I don't see myself subscribing to it anytime soon.

I wish I could help you but at least someone posted this is link in another thread: Football 2011

Additionally, I'm back-and-forth between Texas and Virginia and trying to figure out where Michigan is playing (on what channel and in what area) is hopeless. I keep showing "TBA" for BTN and ESPN2 for both the Comcast and FiOS listings. Additionally, I just noticed that the ESPN Gameplan is practically useless now that the BTN and other Conference television networks have popped-up. Gameplan was a life-saver for many years, but I don't see myself subscribing to it anytime soon.
I save them (BTN channels) to a favorite list for sports, and almost every time some or all have moved on me. They must know I'm an SEC fan. :D

Nebraska fan here....

Welcome to the discussion thread! Just like you I am clueless as to how Nebraska will fare this year. On one hand they have a very good team. However, on the other hand each and every game is like a bowl game since they have (with the exception of Iowa) very little head-to-head experience playing their opponents. Offhand, I think they'll need a couple years to adjust...but how knows? Regardless, there should be a lot of memorable games!

msmith198025 said:
I always thought "great lakes" and "heartland" would have been decent picks if they wanted to go in a different direction.
I said it when this came out. Leaders and Legends brings to mind schoolyard playground team naming to me.

I like your idea best of what I had heard

As for the person asking about Coaches Names, Woody and Bo were talked about, but that wouldn't be fair to a lot of other coaches.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Happy Birthday Big Ten Network

The Big Ten Network launched 4-years ago today on 30 August 2007. BTN is the first internationally distributed network dedicated to provide coverage of a single college conference. The BTN is a joint venture by the Big Ten Conference and Fox Entertainment Group with the Big Ten maintaining a controlling interest. The BTN is provided to more than 40 million homes (subscribers) and is available in almost 75 million homes nationwide.

2011 Big Ten Football Championship Game Information

Source

"The inaugural Big Ten Football Championship Game will begin at 8:17 p.m. ET on December 3, 2011, and will be held at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. The champion of the Legends Division will meet the champion of the Leaders Division, with the winner earning the Big Ten Championship and a chance to play in either the Rose Bowl Game or Bowl Championship Series National Championship Game. FOX Sports will serve as the official broadcast partner of the Big Ten Football Championship Games from 2011-16 and Lucas Oil Stadium will host the title games from 2011-15."

Week 1 Schedule and Television Coverage

Source: Fully Schedule

Thu 09/01/11 UNLV @ Wisconsin Madison, Wis. ESPN/ESPN3 8:00 PM ET
Fri 09/02/11 Youngstown State @ Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. BTN 7:30 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Akron @ Ohio State Columbus, Ohio ESPN/ESPN3 12:00 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Indiana State @ Penn State University Park, Pa. BTN 12:00 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Middle Tennessee @ Purdue West Lafayette, Ind. BTN 12:00 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Northwestern @ Boston College Chestnut Hill, Mass. ESPNU 12:00 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Tennessee Tech @ Iowa Iowa City, Iowa BTN 12:00 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Arkansas State @ Illinois Memorial Stadiun BTN 3:30 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Chattanooga @ Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. BTN 3:30 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Minnesota @ USC L.A. Coliseum ABC/ESPN3 3:30 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Western Michigan @ Michigan Ann Arbor, Mich. ABC (ESPN2)/ESPN3 3:30 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Indiana vs. Ball State Indianapolis, Ind. (Lucas Oil Stadium) ESPN3 7:00 PM ET

I've highlighted my winning picks.

I looked at this several years ago and decided it was no longer worth it.

Source: Fully Schedule

Thu 09/01/11 UNLV @ Wisconsin Madison, Wis. ESPN/ESPN3 8:00 PM ET
Fri 09/02/11 Youngstown State @ Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. BTN 7:30 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Akron @ Ohio State Columbus, Ohio ESPN/ESPN3 12:00 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Indiana State @ Penn State University Park, Pa. BTN 12:00 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Middle Tennessee @ Purdue West Lafayette, Ind. BTN 12:00 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Northwestern @ Boston College Chestnut Hill, Mass. ESPNU 12:00 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Tennessee Tech @ Iowa Iowa City, Iowa BTN 12:00 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Arkansas State @ Illinois Memorial Stadiun BTN 3:30 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Chattanooga @ Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. BTN 3:30 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Minnesota @ USC L.A. Coliseum ABC/ESPN3 3:30 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Western Michigan @ Michigan Ann Arbor, Mich. ABC (ESPN2)/ESPN3 3:30 PM ET
Sat 09/03/11 Indiana vs. Ball State Indianapolis, Ind. (Lucas Oil Stadium) ESPN3 7:00 PM ET

I've highlighted my winning picks.

Wisconsin opens Thursday night and Michigan State on Friday .....
I can see Thursday night, but Friday ?

A Michigan fan and I were talking and came up with a question he couldn't answer. When is the last time both Ohio State and Michigan started a season with a new coach?

And sorry for crashing your Big Ten party.

A Michigan fan and I were talking and came up with a question he couldn't answer. When is the last time both Ohio State and Michigan started a season with a new coach?

And sorry for crashing your Big Ten party.
I'm not sure if it HAS happened before.

The Buckeyes went from Woody (1951 - 1978) to Earle Bruce (1979-1987) to Cooper (1988 - 2000 ) to Tressel ( 2001 - 2010) and Fickell, thats it.

60 years, 4 coaches, thats pretty good I think !

Last edited:

NFL Week 11 Picks

Wings and CI on Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)