2011 DirecTV Package Channel Lists - Including Family & Select

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
HD Access is not free to most current subscribers. It is free to new subscribers.

DIRECTV is rife with "some get it, some don't" offers.

HD Access is not free to most current subscribers. It is free to new subscribers.

DIRECTV is rife with "some get it, some don't" offers.

In the Free HD thread. I posted the promotion requirements. I am not reposting them here but they are fair and this is some get and some dont offer this most get it few dont offer.

In the Free HD thread. I posted the promotion requirements. I am not reposting them here but they are fair and this is some get and some dont offer this most get it few dont offer.
Is this the post?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...access-existing-customers-11.html#post2431339

Here's the text of the fine print currently on the DIRECTV website:
FHD T&C said:
Free HD is available to new customers only. To be eligible you must activate and maintain the CHOICE XTRA package or above, at least one (1) HD receiver, HD Access and enrollment in Auto Bill pay.
I would have included the graphic, but the text saying "new customers only" is so much like the background, many probably wouldn't notice it. It is notable that there doesn't seem to be any mention of how long the free HD lasts in the terms.

As you said in the free HD for existing customers poll thread, the free HD promo has changed a lot over the last seven months and depending on who you consult, you'll probably get different answers.

Is this the post?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...access-existing-customers-11.html#post2431339

Here's the text of the fine print currently on the DIRECTV website:I would have included the graphic, but the text saying "new customers only" is so much like the background, many probably wouldn't notice it. It is notable that there doesn't seem to be any mention of how long the free HD lasts in the terms.

As you said in the free HD for existing customers poll thread, the free HD promo has changed a lot over the last seven months and depending on who you consult, you'll probably get different answers.

Problem is this your confusing two different promotions

New customer HD for life which has seen some changes in package requirements.

And Existing customer Free HD for 24 months promotion. Because frankly in my opinoin we just wont have the fee in 24 months.

Only people not getting the free hd for 24 promo is people who been with us less then a year or currently receiving some other type of credit off there bill already.

What's your point?
you noted its free for new subs. I was adding the fact that auto pay is required for new subs to get the HD for free

There's no uncertain terms about DISH Networks Free HD for Life. It is available to pretty much everyone and it lasts for the life of the account.
are you f**king kidding me? Lets see.....from the Dish site
Dish Network site in regards to HD for free said:
$10/mo HD add-on fee waived for life of current account;. Requires either a one-time $99 HD Upgrade fee or a 24-month commitment to qualifying programming and AutoPay with Paperless Billing. For 24-month commitment if qualifying service is terminated prior to end of 24-month period a cancellation fee of $10.00 per cancelled month of service will apply. Must maintain continuous enrollment in AutoPay and Paperless Billing.

so lets see...I can pay $99 for "free HD" (gotta love that Dish math) or I can go on a 24 month agreement, have ot be on auto pay and have to go with paperless billing. Sounds like a lot of "terms" to get it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
In regards to the new packages I want to make a shout out to Jason for starting this thread and say THANK YOU!!!! I just called and got changed to the Select package. You and this site has saved me alot of money. We mainly watch the network channels (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX) and have been paying $100/month. With the Select package we are set. Thanks again.

you noted its free for new subs. I was adding the fact that auto pay is required for new subs to get the HD for free
So how much does this come to out of pocket for the customer?

You speak as if autopay and paperless billing cost the customer big money.

Enough with the Dish pricing / HD structure. I created this thread to help Directv subs choose packages, not debate dish.

I agree Jason

Now the question is can you get these packages (Select) if you are in a contract still? But I've got the "HD credit" (HD free for 24 months) so I wonder if I'd lose that if I dropped down to say Select. I'm not on any "commitment" for the HD (like the NFL ST/Premier promo thing was where you needed Premier for 5 months to get HD free). I just called and paid my $99 for a HD receiver (and got the R22's turned on for HD).

You can drop down to Select anytime you want , you just have to ask them for it. It won't affect any credits, Unless your credits are tied to your base pack.

Meaning if you paying $29.99 for Choice, don't expect to drop down to Select and pay $9.99 per month cause it won't happen.

But any Premiums , HD, DVR or Sports pack credits will not be affected, UNless the terms of your Free HD requires a certain base pack.

But last I knew D* only requires you to maintain :
  • Family pack if your a customer under contract with SD equipment
  • Family Pack and HD Access if you have HD Equipment
  • Family Pack and HD Access and DVR Fee if You have HD DVR equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts