2011 DirecTV Package Channel Lists - Including Family & Select

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dont have any concrete information, but I thought the keep the free HD for the 24 months you could not go under a certain package, not sure I may have to dig thru the archives of posts.

Stonecold would have some info I would think

Thats could be true, Just have to read the Terms of the agreement.
All promotion can be different.

And Trust me, they will go against your terms of argeement if you need a price reduction. Retention department is Very flexable to existing customers long term customers under a contract:)

Hey New customers 2 years or less, Don't expect much.;)
You already got your HUNDREDS of $$$ in Discounts when you signed up.:p

Yep Right here.

Free HD is available to new customers only. To be eligible you must activate and maintain the CHOICE XTRA package or above, at least one (1) HD receiver, HD Access and enrollment in Auto Bill pay

Right from Directvs website.
But think about it your Getting Free HD with Choice Extra $65.99:up

Or you can have Select with HD for $54.99 and get a Fraction of the channels and no RSN's:(
No thanks!:)

You can drop down to Select anytime you want , you just have to ask them for it. It won't affect any credits, Unless your credits are tied to your base pack.

Meaning if you paying $29.99 for Choice, don't expect to drop down to Select and pay $9.99 per month cause it won't happen.
I hope folks know that ;)

But any Premiums , HD, DVR or Sports pack credits will not be affected, UNless the terms of your Free HD requires a certain base pack.

But last I knew D* only requires you to maintain :
  • Family pack if your a customer under contract with SD equipment
  • Family Pack and HD Access if you have HD Equipment
  • Family Pack and HD Access and DVR Fee if You have HD DVR equipment

interesting....

DIRECTV: Customer Service: Agreements

Here is the Fees and BasePackage terms.
PROGRAMMING AGREEMENT.

Within 30 days of provision of DIRECTV equipment to you, or on the date that the professional installer has installed or is prepared to install your DIRECTV equipment, whichever is sooner, you agree to activate each and every DIRECTV Receiver ordered by you or provided to you with any DIRECTV® base programming package (valued at $29.99 per mo. or above); Jadeworld®; or, any qualifying international service bundle, which bundle shall include either the DIRECTV® BASIC programming package (valued at $15.99 per mo.) or the DIRECTV PREFERRED CHOICE™ programming package (valued at $38.99 per mo.) together with any WorldDirect™ international-language service. DVR service activation ($7/mo.) required for DVR leases; HD Access fee ($10/mo.) required for HD Receiver leases; and, both DVR service and HD Access fee payment required for HD DVR leases.

Here is from the Equipment and Programming Lease terms.

PROGRAMMING TERM.

For a new DIRECTV customer, the programming package(s) must be maintained for a period of not less than twenty-four (24) consecutive months. For a current DIRECTV customer, the programming package(s) must be maintained for a period of not less than (a) twelve (12) consecutive months for accounts with only standard receiver(s), or (b) twenty-four (24) consecutive months for accounts with advanced product(s)/receiver(s) (DVR, HD, or HD DVR, including additional DIRECTV receiver(s)). After you have fulfilled the agreement to the required programming package(s), you are not obliged to continue your subscription to DIRECTV programming for any specific duration. Current DIRECTV customers may activate additional receivers with thier existing DIRECTV programming package. THIS AGREEMENT TO MAINTAIN PROGRAMMING IS SEPARATE AND DIFFERENT FROM ANY OTHER PROGRAMMING AGREEMENT YOU MAY HAVE MADE WITH DIRECTV AND IS FULLY ENFORCEABLE UNDER THESE TERMS.

Last edited:
Remember this is only Valid untill this month, when the NEW lease terms for 2011 will be out.

A lot could change!
1 thing already changed and another is going to.

DVR fee is now $7,
And Addtional receiver fee is going from $5 -$6

i was told in order to keep the 24 free hd, i had to maintain the choice pkg or above and keep auto pay.

Dont have any concrete information, but I thought the keep the free HD for the 24 months you could not go under a certain package, not sure I may have to dig thru the archives of posts.

Yes it is. I've had both Dish and DirecTV and DirecTV is so much better. But, I was hating DirecTV because I was paying $99 a month. To me, paying $99 a month for TV should give you every channel, DVR service, HD, etc. It is ridiculous how expensive it is. So I was extremely happy to hear about the Select package. I almost cut my bill in half. It is down to $61 now. If it is true that HD will be free in the near future then I will have cut it down in half.

With the challenged economy now these providers have to offer lower priced solutions or they will price themselves right out of existence. Not many have a disposable income these days but some corporate honchos and bean counters believe that is the case. They will have to learn the hard way just like the government needs too.

With the challenged economy now these providers have to offer lower priced solutions or they will price themselves right out of existence.
You might think that, but it isn't happening. Even lifeline cable where I live has jumped up over 30% this year and that's only two dozen channels with no HD.

Someone theorized that people are willing to pay more for programming as they can't afford to go to live shows.

You might think that, but it isn't happening. Even lifeline cable where I live has jumped up over 30% this year and that's only two dozen channels with no HD.

Someone theorized that people are willing to pay more for programming as they can't afford to go to live shows.

Well they better hope that those that quit going out to the show support their habit. Since they are loosing others that can't afford the increases to OTA, FTA and the ones with big dishes to ala cart with options starting at around 5 bucks a month.

Well they better hope that those that quit going out to the show support their habit. Since they are loosing others that can't afford the increases to OTA, FTA and the ones with big dishes to ala cart with options starting at around 5 bucks a month.
What big dish programming can you get for $5/month?

To make your claim hold water, what's the least expensive dance ticket to BUD that will enable that programming? Note that for the average consumer, this may necessarily include the cost of moving to a location (and keeping residence) where such equipment is allowed.

thanks so much for the list. we are trying to decide between dish and direct and its hard to find an up t0 date list. dish does offer the hd access free and i was not aware that direct also offers it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)