2011 NCAA Hockey Tournament

Anyone dare to predict the Frozen Four at this time? Although I will be dutifully cheering for Michigan, they are going to need a few breaks in order to make it to the Finals. I like Yale and North Dakota...but I get the feeling this is going to be a very competitive tournament.

I've got (from another bracket)
brain says
BC, NoDak, Yale, New Hampshire

heart says
UMD, NoDak, Omaha, New Hampshire (yes I'm a WCHA fan :)

(3) Nebraska-Omaha vs. (2) Michigan- 5:30pm ET (ESPN3.com) AND FSN DETROIT
guide doesnt show it on FSN Detroit and may not be able to. Pistons game is at 7:00 EDT. NCAAIceHockey twitter says FSN Detroit

It does show on Altitude so can use that as a backup

My picks for today's games:

Minnesota-Duluth over Union
Michigan over Nebraska-Omaha
Yale over Air Force
Boston College over Colorado College

I'm still not too keep on having to watch Michigan play Nebraska-Omaha on ESPN3.COM, but at least I can output the laptop to one of the TVs.

Yale over Air Force (this might get ugly)
BC over CC
Omaha over Michigan (sorry rifjim)
and hmmmm......lemme see

I guess I can take UMD over Union ;)

The Michigan/Omaha game is on Altitude too....do you not get that?
Nope...it's not in the channel lineup. On a positive note, my wife volunteered to host a Girl Scout meeting since their school is closed today due to a teacher's work day, so I get to lock myself and the dogs in the bedroom to watch the game. Anyway, I think that I watched another live sporting event on ESPN3.com last year...and it stuck. Let's hope the quality of their streaming video has improved over the past year.

On a side note, the Norwich women's hockey team won the Division III National Championship with a 5-2 win over Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) last weekend. This was extremely gratifying since they were able make-up for a 7-2 loss in the Championship game to Amherst last year. Also, the Norwich men's team plays in the D-III NCAA Semifinals this evening against St. Norbert (8pm at Ridder Arena in Minneapolis). I got to see both teams plays in Vermont this winter and has a great time. Go Cadets!

Union played a good game, but the hot goaltender wins it for UMD: 2-0. Michigan has come back to score a goal in the opening minutes of the 2nd, and rattle one of the post a minute later. 2-1 NO with 15-minute to play in the 2nd.

UMD 2-0 :)

Gotta love the commentators
"oh Union PP is #1 in the nation....what will UMD do to counter?"
"Can UMD stop the #1 PP team in the nation"

blah blah blah

yeah we did :):D

Funny to hear Clay Matvick )the pxp guy) do the games and 2 weeks ago he did the Minnesota High School Tourney games on local (Minneapolis) TV :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)