2012 NFL Draft

Jimbo said:
NE is making the best of thier picks.

Chandler Jones and Hightower, If I'm a Pats fan, I'm pretty happy.

Don't think the Pats have any picks past the 2nd round though.

I loved the picks.

Look for them to move one of those 2nd rounders for more picks later in the draft.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Trading up to the 3rd pick to take a running back and than drafting a 28 year old quarterback at 21, shows you why the Browns have zero clue what they're doing and will stink for a long time.

Browns wanted a RB that could bang and bruise in the AFC North, they got him.

Jimbo said:
Browns wanted a RB that could bang and bruise in the AFC North, they got him.

Running backs don't win championships in today's NFL.

He's a good player but not at #3.

Running backs don't win championships in today's NFL.

He's a good player but not at #3.

Don't matter to me, I'd rather seen him go to the Steelers, if they could still get the guy they got !

I would have LOVED to see him in Pittburgh :D

Browns did what they could and planned to do all along.
The fact they were duped into moving up in the draft was kinda curious though, just to get the guy that the team ahead of them wasn't gonna take anyways, never gonna know if there was really a team negotiating with the team in the 3rd spot .

Trading up to the 3rd pick to take a running back and than drafting a 28 year old quarterback at 21, shows you why the Browns have zero clue what they're doing and will stink for a long time.

How old was Roger Staubach when he started playing for the Cowboys?

Jimbo said:
Don't matter to me, I'd rather seen him go to the Steelers, if they could still get the guy they got !

I would have LOVED to see him in Pittburgh :D

Browns did what they could and planned to do all along.
The fact they were duped into moving up in the draft was kinda curious though, just to get the guy that the team ahead of them wasn't gonna take anyways, never gonna know if there was really a team negotiating with the team in the 3rd spot .

I wouldn't mind him on my team, either. But, I'd never want them to pick a running back 3rd overall. It's about getting value and hard to find talent when you pick that high. Pass rushers, stud offensive tackles, shut down corners are all much harder to find than running backs.

mdonnelly said:
How old was Roger Staubach when he started playing for the Cowboys?

That's fine, he went to a well established orginazation with talent, Weeden is not. By the time the Browns rebuild he could be 32. Nothing against Weeden, I like him as a quarterback, but he would of been more suited for a team like Arizona.

Before the Browns are done rebuilding they'll need to spend another 1st on a running back. The biggest thing going for them is they can run him into the ground before paying him really big money, if ever. Then he can go and sign a free agent contract that is less per year than the average kicker like some RBs did this off season..

That appears to be the career path of running backs in the current NFL, with a few exceptions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Here is a list of picks so far:

Indianapolis Colts
Andrew Luck
QB
Stanford

Washington Redskins
Robert Griffin
QB
Baylor

Cleveland Browns (Swapped picks with Vikings)
Trent Richardson
RB
Alabama

Minnesota Vikings (Swapped picks with Browns)
Matt Kalil
T
Southern California

Jacksonville Jaguars (Swapped picks with Buccaneers)
Justin Blackmon
WR
Oklahoma State

Dallas Cowboys (Swapped picks with Rams)
Morris Claiborne
DB
LSU

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Swapped picks with Jaguars)
Mark Barron
DB
Alabama

Miami Dolphins
Ryan Tannehill
QB
Texas A&M

Carolina Panthers
Luke Kuechly
LB
Boston College

Buffalo Bills
Stephon Gilmore
DB
South Carolina

Kansas City Chiefs
Dontari Poe
DT
Memphis

Philadelphia Eagles (Swapped picks with Seahawks)
Fletcher Cox
DT
Mississippi State

Arizona Cardinals
Michael Floyd
WR
Notre Dame

St. Louis Rams (Swapped picks with Cowboys)
Michael Brockers
DT
LSU

Seattle Seahawks (Swapped picks with Eagles)
Bruce Irvin
LB
West Virginia

New York Jets
Quinton Coples
DE
North Carolina

Cincinnati Bengals
Dre Kirkpatrick
DB
Alabama

San Diego Chargers
Melvin Ingram
DE
South Carolina

Chicago Bears
Shea McClellin
LB
Boise State

Tennessee Titans
Kendall Wright
WR
Baylor

New England Patriots (Swapped picks with Bengals)
Chandler Jones
DE
Syracuse

Cleveland Browns
Brandon Weeden
QB
Oklahoma State

Detroit Lions
Riley Reiff
T
Iowa

Pittsburgh Steelers
David DeCastro
G
Stanford

New England Patriots (Swapped picks with Broncos)
Dont'a Hightower
LB
Alabama

Houston Texans
Whitney Mercilus
DE
Illinois

Cincinnati Bengals (Swapped picks with Patriots)
Kevin Zeitler
G
Wisconsin

Green Bay Packers
Nick Perry
DE
Southern California

Minnesota Vikings (Swapped picks with Ravens)
Harrison Smith
DB
Notre Dame

San Francisco 49ers
A.J. Jenkins
WR
Illinois

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Swapped picks with Broncos)
Doug Martin
RB
Boise State

New York Giants
David Wilson
RB
Virginia Tech

IF true...because you never really know of these stories are legit...it says alot about the class of the Cleveland Browns organization.

Report: Browns told McCoy they wouldn’t take quarterback in round one

Posted by Mike Florio on April 27, 2012, 9:41 AM EDT

Football wouldn’t be football if people involved in running football teams weren’t telling something other than the truth.(why didn't PFT just call it what is was...LYING!):rolleyes:

It happened in Cleveland on Thursday, when according to Adam Schefter of ESPN the Browns told quarterback Colt McCoy they wouldn’t draft a quarterback in round one.

The Browns picked Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden with the 22nd overall selection.

Though the Browns had to do whatever they thought they should do to make the team better, why say anything to McCoy about their plans? Even if he was demanding an answer, there had to be a way to defuse the situation without lying to the guy.

While they may not care about what McCoy thinks if he’s now going to be displaced (and possibly traded or cut), there are other guys in the locker room who may now be less inclined to trust the coaching staff and/or the front office.

Report: Browns told McCoy they wouldn’t take quarterback in round one | ProFootballTalk

And in that FINAL sentence, says it all. And they wonder why players don't show "loyalty" to teams or there is resentment and mistrust during CBA negotiations.

Hmmm.... Interesting.

Jeff Ireland: Experience all that separates Tannehill, Luck, Griffin

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 27, 2012, 9:16 AM EDT

After taking Ryan Tannehill with the eighth overall pick in the NFL draft, Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland said his new quarterback has the same level of talent as the first and second picks.

According to Ireland, the only reason Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III were seen as clearly better than Tannehill is that they had more experience than Tannehill, who began his college career as a receiver and only started 20 games at quarterback at Texas A&M.

“If we had eight to ten more games of film to watch Ryan Tannehill play that position, I think we’re looking at him in the same breath as Griffin and maybe Luck. I think he’s got that kind of ability and arm talent,” Ireland said on the Joe Rose Show on 560 WQAM in Miami.

It could also be argued, of course, that if Tannehill had Luck’s or Griffin’s talent he would have had more games on film because Texas A&M wouldn’t have waited until midway through his junior year to move him from receiver to quarterback. But the Dolphins have Tannehill’s college coach, Mike Sherman, as their offensive coordinator, and they obviously believe he’ll be a franchise quarterback. Even if few people think he’s on the same level as Luck or Griffin.

Jeff Ireland: Experience all that separates Tannehill, Luck, Griffin | ProFootballTalk

And I had heard, in that SAME EXACT INTERVIEW, that Texas A&M, lead the nation in dropped passes. Something like high 70s in dropped passes. That is ALOT of dropped passes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)