2012 NFL Draft

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
For those of us who follow teams who won't be moving onto the postseason, our next season starts after Week 17. And our attention will now be focused on building through the draft. The final selection spots won't be finalized until the end of the playoffs, but we'll have a good idea who will be picking in the top of the first round after this week. Stay tuned folks.......

Oh, and PS. My Browns have TWO #1's this year. A possible gift package for Andrew Luck? Hmmmmm.....

It's a little early to think about the draft when the college players haven't even stated for sure whether they are leaving school.

For those of us who follow teams who won't be moving onto the postseason, our next season starts after Week 17. And our attention will now be focused on building through the draft. The final selection spots won't be finalized until the end of the playoffs, but we'll have a good idea who will be picking in the top of the first round after this week. Stay tuned folks.......

Oh, and PS. My Browns have TWO #1's this year. A possible gift package for Andrew Luck? Hmmmmm.....

What happened to all this man love for Colt McCoy and how good he could be if he is the surround with talent? How the mighty have fallen...:confused:

Why not use those 2 #1s TO surround him with talent?

What happened to all this man love for Colt McCoy and how good he could be if he is the surround with talent? How the mighty have fallen...:confused:

Why not use those 2 #1s TO surround him with talent?

Never had "man love" for Colt. I've learned that in order to win my "love" you have to show me first. Colt is a decent QB. He'll be a good average QB somewhere someday. But he'll never be great. In the AFC North, we need a great QB, not an average one. If a "great" QB is available in the draft, I'd draft him. If not, stick with Colt until one comes around and surround him with weapons like you say.

Never had "man love" for Colt. I've learned that in order to win my "love" you have to show me first. Colt is a decent QB. He'll be a good average QB somewhere someday. But he'll never be great. In the AFC North, we need a great QB, not an average one. If a "great" QB is available in the draft, I'd draft him. If not, stick with Colt until one comes around and surround him with weapons like you say.

Colt at this moment, is a better NFL QB than any in the draft. With Colt, you have something REAL that has shown he can play in the NFL. Everyone...and I do mean everyone, has yet to play a single down in the NFL. There have been MANY amazing QBs in college.

How much better would Colt have with a few more weapons and a better offensive line(if that is what is missing)?

Colt at this moment, is a better NFL QB than any in the draft. With Colt, you have something REAL that has shown he can play in the NFL. Everyone...and I do mean everyone, has yet to play a single down in the NFL. There have been MANY amazing QBs in college.

How much better would Colt have with a few more weapons and a better offensive line(if that is what is missing)?

Thier O line is pretty good.
I thought they got a WR in last years draft, didn't they ?
Maybe they could have taken one and passed ?

I think at least 1 of these guys were available ... A.J. Green or Julio Jones

Cleveland chose 6th last year, were these guys off the table already, I know Green went to Cincy, where did Jones go to ?

I understand that any single player can flop at the next level, but if you have the ability to draft a premiere QB, the MOST important position on a team, you do everything in your power to get him. Great player elevate everyone around them. Mediocre players need great players around them to succeed. And even then, they'll never be elite. If this were the AFC West or the NFC West, Colt might be an adequate QB. But the Browns down't play in those fluff conferences.

Thier O line is pretty good.
I thought they got a WR in last years draft, didn't they ?
Maybe they could have taken one and passed ?

I think at least 1 of these guys were available ... A.J. Green or Julio Jones

Cleveland chose 6th last year, were these guys off the table already, I know Green went to Cincy, where did Jones go to ?

The right side of our offensive line could use some work. The injury to Steinbach didn't help either.

We drafted Greg Little out of UNC last year. He's turned out to be pretty decent, but besides him, we don't really have any other options. Robiskie was such a bust, we cut him. Massaquoi has also been a disappointment.

And yes, we traded with Atlanta last year. In swapping picks for them to move up to get Julio Jones, we also got their #1 pick this year.

I understand that any single player can flop at the next level, but if you have the ability to draft a premiere QB, the MOST important position on a team, you do everything in your power to get him. Great player elevate everyone around them. Mediocre players need great players around them to succeed. And even then, they'll never be elite. If this were the AFC West or the NFC West, Colt might be an adequate QB. But the Browns down't play in those fluff conferences.

LMAO! Right now, your team does not even have a record to compete in the AFC West.

I mean really, this is what is gonna come down to..."my dad's conference can beat up your dad's conference"? Geez, LOL, please come back to me when you have a different argument other than that old beaten horse...

How come NO ONE is talking about the NFC East...? The winner of THAT conference win ONLY win 8 games... LOL! :rolleyes:

If you have a chance to draft what you think will be an elite quarterback...do it.

Look at the state of the current NFL. New England and Green Bay, have the two worst defenses in the ENTIRE NFL...but both have extremely good chances to make it to the Super Bowl.

Because of their quarterback. One guy on each team. That's it. Without Rodgers or Brady, they're the Colts of this year.

Sandra

Look at the state of the current NFL. New England and Green Bay, have the two worst defenses in the ENTIRE NFL...but both have extremely good chances to make it to the Super Bowl.

Because of their quarterback. One guy on each team. That's it. Without Rodgers or Brady, they're the Colts of this year.

Sandra

Ah...I am gonna give you some of your own medicine.

Don't make TOO much of their ranking in defensive stats. What do THOSE 2 teams have in common....? Look at the takeways. The defense may give up yards, but their defense make plays. #1 in the AFC...yep, you guessed it....New England with +14. #2 in the NFC...BINGO...you guessed it AGAIN, Green Bay with a +22. Those teams defense have ALSO a huge part of the success, regardless of the stats.

NOT giving up the ball with turnovers have ALOT to do with their success.

LMAO! Right now, your team does not even have a record to compete in the AFC West.

I mean really, this is what is gonna come down to..."my dad's conference can beat up your dad's conference"? Geez, LOL, please come back to me when you have a different argument other than that old beaten horse...

How come NO ONE is talking about the NFC East...? The winner of THAT conference win ONLY win 8 games... LOL! :rolleyes:

I know. Like I said, we play 6 games against playoff teams every single year. (AFC North). If we played 6 fluff games, who know's what our record would be?!!! LOL!

As much as you don't like to admit it, the players you build your franchise around DOES depend on the conference you're in. The AFC North is notorious for hard-nosed, old school football. And half our games are in the elements. You need a big strong QB to play in this league. I like Colt. I really do. But I am not completely sold that he'll ever truly succeed in this conference.

I know. Like I said, we play 6 games against playoff teams every single year. (AFC North). If we played 6 fluff games, who know's what our record would be?!!! LOL!

As much as you don't like to admit it, the players you build your franchise DOES depend on the conference you're in. The AFC North is notorious for hard-nosed, old school football. And half our games are in the elements. You need a big strong QB to play in this league. I like Colt. I really do. But I am not completely sold that he'll ever truly succeed in this conference.

SO you assuming that IF you played in the AFC West, you would contending for a playoff spot because your team is THAT good? OK.. mayor of "Believeland". LMAO

...Ah, there it is...the microwave society we live in. One year as the starter...not good enough, move on.

I guess....to each his own.

Ah...I am gonna give you some of your own medicine.

Not sure what 'some of your own medicine' means in relation to your post, but whatever. Please don't even try to explain it. I'm asking nicely.

While it may be true that the Packers and Patriots are not the worst defenses in every single category, it remains that both defenses are very bad. Period. Ask Dan Orlovsky.

Bottom line is that because of only one guy on each team, the Packers and Patriots are Super Bowl contenders...perhaps even favorites. Without that one guy, the takeaways (and every other stat) are irrelevant.

And to get BACK ON TOPIC...find a franchise QB. It means sooooooo much more than any other position on the field. This is a QB league.

Sandra

Not sure what 'some of your own medicine' means in relation to your post, but whatever. Please don't even try to explain it. I'm asking nicely.

While it may be true that the Packers and Patriots are not the worst defenses in every single category, it remains that both defenses are very bad. Period. Ask Dan Orlovsky.

Bottom line is that because of only one guy on each team, the Packers and Patriots are Super Bowl contenders...perhaps even favorites. Without that one guy, the takeaways (and every other stat) are irrelevant.

And to get BACK ON TOPIC...find a franchise QB. It means sooooooo much more than any other position on the field. This is a QB league.

Sandra

IF you get a chance, and I this time am "asking nicely", look who the other top 3 or 4 teams are in THAT stat and you will notice that ALL are playoff teams and they too have good to very good QBs.

I am not totally disagreeing with you...but it is NOT as one sided as it seems as to the reasons why.

Oh and by the way, didn't you say "you can spin stats to say anything"...same applies to being 'statiscally last in defensively categories'.;)

SO you assuming that IF you played in the AFC West, you would contending for a playoff spot because your team is THAT good? OK.. mayor of "Believeland". LMAO

...Ah, there it is...the microwave society we live in. One year as the starter...not good enough, move on.

I guess....to each his own.
I don't see where he said he would make the playoffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)