2013/14 NCAA Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to apologize that everyone had to watch that crappy BIG 12 defense make all those sacks and force all those turnovers on the mighty Alabama offense:rolleyes:
Derrick Henry says hello. Be thankful Saban didn't continue to let him run all over OU's ass, for some inexplicable reason. ;)

Good win for your big brother.

Not my big brother. I can take credit. I am the family black sheep. I actually have degrees from both Universities. Bachelor from OSU and Master from OU. I grew up on OU football and my dad and most of his side of the family are OU grads, but I had opportunity to go to OSU on scholarship.

Like the entire SEC crew here won't be taking credit if Auburn wins the championship?
We all won't, but you and others will ignore that. I've never been a conference fan. I only pull for, or against a team if it benefits my Tigers, or if I like to see their fans whine. :)

Not my big brother. I can take credit. I am the family black sheep. I actually have degrees from both Universities. Bachelor from OSU and Master from OU. I grew up on OU football and my dad and most of his side of the family are OU grads, but I had opportunity to go to OSU on scholarship.

Shame on me than for the attempted backhanded compliment.

OU looks like they got something going for next year with Knight. I saw him a couple times earlier this year and he didn't look very good, tonight he was awesome.

We all won't, but you and others will ignore that. I've never been a conference fan. I only pull for, or against a team if it benefits my Tigers, or if I like to see their fans whine. :)

I may have over generalized. The actions of a few SEC fans make me quick to jump on the whole conference. He is one of the Florida fans that loves to take credit for Alabama and other SEC teams' victories though. Just thought it was a little hypocritical to criticize a Big 12 fan for celebrating Oklahoma's win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just saw where Stoops is 4-4 vs SEC teams as the Sooners head coach, with 3 out of those 4 wins against Bama. Interesting.

OU looks like they got something going for next year with Knight. I saw him a couple times earlier this year and he didn't look very good, tonight he was awesome.

Even though I was a basketball and baseball player and that tilts my affinity somewhat to OSU. I enjoy OU football more than any other sports, started going to games in 1974 with my dad and grandpa when I was 5. My dad was an OU grad and my grandpa was a fairly big name high school coach and referee, so he got coaches passes to all the games and family got in for a $1. Those were the good old days.

Getting hurt and then having to sit behind Bell have apparently helped Knight. The last 2-3 games he has been improving the accuracy with his throws and reads, which was the problem in the early games. OU had a lot of injuries early in the season, so a lot of young players have got some major playing time. OU may surprise some people next season. Knight has 3 years left if he continues to improve their future looks bright.

Woke up and it ended about like I expected with the play I saw.

I feel bad for AJ as its a sad way to end an otherwise spectacular career. He had a very non "AJ" throw that resulted in an interception early when he threw into triple coverage and was picked.

Yeldon has continued to disappoint me this season with his ability or lack thereof to hold onto the ball in key situations. This one and the auburn loss are as much on his back as any other one player. Saban needs to get that kid some Stickum and fast.

The defense is probable the worst we have had under Saban as far as consistency. I am not sure what happened, but from the Miss State game until last night that was a totally different squad than was on the field during the early to mid part of the season.

Oh well, I woke up and the world is still spinning and I still have to work (yay?). Bring on basketball season...oh wait....:D

Perhaps the NCAA can give the trophy to last year's undefeated, and rightful National Champion, Buckeyes team...

Nope as they were ineligible to play for it because of their own actions.

Bama won that one, people just have to deal with it. ;)

I was at the OU/West Virginia game early in the season, and Knight was just awful. He has talent, but he was thrown into the job before he was ready. He wasn't making good decisions. I think that he's ready for the job now. Next year he should be terrific.

Perhaps the NCAA can give the trophy to last year's undefeated, and rightful National Champion, Buckeyes team...
Then they'd have to give one to Auburn for the year they were on probation and went undefeated.

Better yet, Utah when they were undefeated and also beat Alabama by 2 touchdowns in the Sugar Bowl.

Speaking of, when's the last time Alabama won a Sugar Bowl? I know they've now lost their last 2.

But to the point, teams on probation are ineligible to be voted on in the coaches poll, so no crystal trophy. And the AP usually doesn't rank teams on probation higher than #4 (ie, Auburn & Ohio St.). Should have taken a self-imposed bowl ban the year prior, like many of us were telling them to. Or better yet, not break the rules and lie about it to cover it up.

I was at the OU/West Virginia game early in the season, and Knight was just awful. He has talent, but he was thrown into the job before he was ready. He wasn't making good decisions. I think that he's ready for the job now. Next year he should be terrific.
Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the playoffs next year. Probably start with a top 5 pre-season ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)