2013-14 NFL Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back, we've been really spoiled (especially Pats, Colts and now Bronco fans). We got to see 2 of the best QBs of all time go head to head many times and one more time this weekend. Kinda sad thinking that this rivalry wont be lasting much longer.

Cheers, K

Looking back, we've been really spoiled (especially Pats, Colts and now Bronco fans). We got to see 2 of the best QBs of all time go head to head many times and one more time this weekend. Kinda sad thinking that this rivalry wont be lasting much longer.

Cheers, K

Although with Manning changing teams it has made it very strange. All last week I was hearing Colts-Patriots: a rivalry renewed. This week it will be the same except it will be Brady-Manning.

Wow! I hope the Patriots win this week so they have the opportunity to be the sacrificial lamb at the coronation ceremony of the 49ers or Seahawks. :rolleyes:

With all due respect to Carolina, I think we have the 4 best teams left (and even if Carolina won, I'd still say that).

First time since 2005 we don't have a 9-10 win team in the conference title game!

First time since '98 that all four teams in the conference championship games have at least 12 regular season wins....

IMO, out of the 4 HC's remaining: Belichick > Harbaugh > Fox > Carroll

If the Pats make it to the Super Bowl,this will have to be the sweetest Super Bowl appearance for them because on paper,this is the weakest team Belichik has ever brought into the play-offs. Could they be the "underdog(like the New York Giants were against them....twice)" to take down the NFC titans? They are the more suited team,along with the Seahawks,to play at Metlife in cold weather,although the 49ers have proven that cold weather(in Green Bay) doesn't hurt their play either.

i would agree, but since he did what he did with Tebow. Fox must be the goat. took that kid who can't even get on a team and won a playoff game. even BB has not done that.
Fox >Belichick > Harbaugh > Carroll

LMAO!!! I get that a lot of people outside of NE don't like Belichick, but Fox > Belichick??!! No offense, but that just might be one of the silliest things I've seen on here!!

And what exactly did Fox "do" with Tebow other than win a VERY weak AFC West with an 8-8 record??

i would agree, but since he did what he did with Tebow. Fox must be the goat. took that kid who can't even get on a team and won a playoff game. even BB has not done that.
Fox >Belichick > Harbaugh > Carroll

Tebow (heinsman winner) vs Cassell (who?)

2011- Tebow was 8-5
2008- Matt Cassel was 10-5 (11-5 if you count Game # 1 were Brady went down)

Finishing 11-5 with a QB far less "talented" then Tebow should carry more weight then finishing 8-8.

Belichick > Fox > Harbaugh > That other Patriots coach

If the Pats make it to the Super Bowl,this will have to be the sweetest Super Bowl appearance for them because on paper,this is the weakest team Belichik has ever brought into the play-offs. Could they be the "underdog(like the New York Giants were against them....twice)" to take down the NFC titans? They are the more suited team,along with the Seahawks,to play at Metlife in cold weather,although the 49ers have proven that cold weather(in Green Bay) doesn't hurt their play either.

I agree that the Patriots (or Broncos, for that matter) would be underdogs to either NFC team, but it wouldn't be as big an upset as the '07 Giants over the Patriots or the '01 Patriots over the Rams. It would be more like the '11 Giants over the Patriots.

Seattle Seahawks trying to block 49ers fans from purchasing NFC championship game tickets http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...49ers-fans-purchasing-nfc-233217173--nfl.html I wouldn't be surprise to see Goodell jump in and stop this!! ;) :)

Denver is doing the same thing.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/01/12/tickets-go-on-sale-monday-for-broncos-patriots/

"Tickets will be available only to those with a valid billing address in the Rocky Mountain region, including Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Montana, South Dakota and Western Kansas."

LAME

LAME! They were even going to ban ticket sales to anyone fron North Carolina. Most GOOD teams only need 11 men to win a game. :D
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...nfc-championsip-ticket-sales-to-californians/

Denver is doing the same thing.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/01/12/tickets-go-on-sale-monday-for-broncos-patriots/

"Tickets will be available only to those with a valid billing address in the Rocky Mountain region, including Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Montana, South Dakota and Western Kansas."

LAME

One word: Unconstitutional

Tebow (heinsman winner) vs Cassell (who?)

2011- Tebow was 8-5
2008- Matt Cassel was 10-5 (11-5 if you count Game # 1 were Brady went down)

Finishing 11-5 with a QB far less "talented" then Tebow should carry more weight then finishing 8-8.

Belichick > Fox > Harbaugh > That other Patriots coach

your facts are good to a point.
but Mr Cassel walked off with $$$$$$$$$ and still gets $$$$$. money talks etc
Tebow> espn
good try

we are getting ahead of the curve imo. if Patriots bust up the Broncos like they did the Colts, and they have a close game in nfc Pats are fav.......no

Tough to say but I doubt it, of course injuries could play a role in any of that. Of the four possible matchups with the way public perception is trending, this is how I think it may look like (again, barring major injuries):

Seattle -3 Denver
Seattle -6 New England
San Francisco -2 Denver
San Francisco -4 New England

One word: Unconstitutional

I'm not sure if a ticket broker's policy to restrict their customer base qualifies, plus you can get tickets through other resources. I just checked StubHub and there are over 6,400 tickets available for the NFC title game in Seattle, with no geographic limitations....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)