2013-14 NFL Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet they still haven't won a superbowl since.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Right or wrong it's a debate that will continue until they win another Superbowl. I tend to side with what Cowher said and pretty much already felt that way, but I can not argue with your point either Tom. I understand how it looks or may look to both sides over this issue.....

Right or wrong it's a debate that will continue until they win another Superbowl. I tend to side with what Cowher said and pretty much already felt that way, but I can not argue with your point either Tom. I understand how it looks or may look to both sides over this issue.....

Oh I know the best team won back then, I was just saying he was being hypocritical calling that play Welker did the worse play ever and yet he got caught cheating.

I don't think that play Welker did was bad, he has every right to that field also and he tried to get out of the way, even if he did do it on purpose I'm sure he learned it in New England.

Hart posted the link and I replied.

william belichick calling welker's hit the worst play he's seen is saying a lot coming from a coach who illegally filmed every team's plays.

Yeah... filming a team is much worse than intentionally injuring a player.

I'm going to look at that play again as I'm sure you guys want my "expert" opinion :p

Yeah... filming a team is much worse than intentionally injuring a player.

It's just the Patriots and their fans trying to making excuses for them losing AGAIN.

Belichick’s comments will certainly fire up the locals, but just because the HC of the NEP hints that the hit was dirty doesn’t mean it was an illegal play. Enter Mike Pereira, former vice president of NFL officiating. Suffice to say, this guy has read the rule book a few times. “People asking about [the] hit on Talib,” Pereira tweeted. “That is not a foul. Ball was touched by [Demaryius Thomas] about the same time as contact, Can’t be [offensive pass interference].” Donte Stallworth, who had two stints with the Patriots during his 10-year NFL career, weighed in on the matter, too. The 33-year-old isn’t taking Belichick’s side on this one, however. “I have nothing but love and respect for Bill Belichick, but he’s absolutely wrong about Wes Welker’s hit on Aqib Talib … and he knows it,” he tweeted Monday morning.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/01/wes-welkers-hit-on-aqib-talib-not-a-foul-says-mike-pereira-gif/

Cowher said, “We had people that always tried to steal signals. Stealing someone’s signals was a part of the game, and everyone attempted to do that.”

Fair point it is, but it’s nothing compared to what the New England Patriots were doing throughout early 2000?s when they won three Super Bowls.

What Cowher describes is players and coaches trying to steal signals during games. He’s right, because it’s as normal as a baseball dugout trying to steal signs from the third base coach. What New England was doing went far beyond that though.

The Patriots were videotaping other teams’ practices and walk-thru’s.

The difference between what Cowher describes and what the Patriots did is vastly different. I believe his admission was nothing more than coaches protecting coaches and his obvious gushing over Belichick which was obvious in the interview.

http://www.steelcityblitz.com/2014/01/16/cowhers-admission-misses-the-point/

You win as a team, you lose as a team. Did losing Talib cost the game? who knows but it did affect it.
Players get hurt all the time.... how Weasle Welker took out Talib crossed the line.

You call Welker that yet he would of been the difference for your team to win if he was still there. The Pats let him go and draft a alleged murderer, yeah good call.

Oh ok.. so one form of cheating is better than another ?

If anything, Cowher proves videotaping works! Am sure other teams in the league taped as well... just 1 got caught

You call Welker that yet he would of been the difference for your team to win if he was still there. The Pats let him go and draft a alleged murderer, yeah good call.

Yeah you're right.... the Pats let Welker go so they can draft a murderer... dunno which league you're watching.

Yeah you're right.... the Pats let Welker go so they can draft a murderer... dunno which league you're watching.

He was their best receiver, they should of NEVER let him go. IMO they thought how good Hernandez was they didn't need to keep him.

Well what can I say besides S*** Happens!

Agree letting Welker go was a mistake (Amendola IMO is getting cut before training camp) but no one forsaw AH getting arrested and Gronk missing all but 5 games. Put in a healthy Gronk and Hernandez in yesterday's game and the final score would be different.

Well what can I say besides S*** Happens!

Agree letting Welker go was a mistake (Amendola IMO is getting cut before training camp) but no one forsaw AH getting arrested and Gronk missing all but 5 games. Put in a healthy Gronk and Hernandez in yesterday's game and the final score would be different.

They should of seen it before he was drafted.

Hernandez had many red flags entering the 2010 draft. He had failed several drug tests--serving a one game suspension as a result and was questioned for a shooting outside a nightclub. One scouts' evaluation said of Hernandez "Self-esteem is quite low; not well adjusted emotionally, not happy, moods unpredictable, not stable, doesn't take much to set him off, but not an especially jumpy guy."

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/6/22/4454410/aaron-hernandez-threatened-wes-welker-as-a-rookie

It was good coaching & a good QB that got the Patriots as far as they did this season in spite of all the distractions & injuries. The same can be said about the Broncos. The Dumervil debacle never came back to bite Elway in the "burro" & not having Von Miller hasn't hurt them either(which makes one wonder if Von Miller will be with the team next season). As far as Kaepernick choking,both QB's seemed to have made enough mistakes to lose the game last night. The Seahawks seemed to come back from a lot of horrible starts this season,they won a lot of games that they rightly should have lost. The Seahawks start a game bad but they usually make it up in the second half. Forget "Tebow Time" today we have "Seahawks Time."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)