2013-14 NFL Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats probably true, but remember, this all goes in cycles ...
Not long ago you could have said the same about the AFC.

Exactly. Obviously, the mid 80's through the 90's was pretty much all NFC, and also I remember when I started watching football in the mid 70's it was decidedly in favor of the AFC.

Peyton's legacy is done like dinner.

After Sunday- fringe top 15-20 guy.

You can have your Manning- I'll take every SB winning QB other than Rypien/Hostetler/Dilfer before him.

You can have your Manning- I'll take every SB winning QB other than Rypien/Hostetler/Dilfer before him.

Seriously?? Nobody has been a bigger Peyton Manning critic than me (in a relative sense), but puh-leese list your 15-20 QB's that have been better. I BEG you!!

In no particular order:

Montana
Elway
Brady
Unitas
Staubach
Bradshaw
Favre
Starr
Steve Young
Aikman
Bob Griese
Roethlisberger
Otto Graham
Brees
Kurt Warner

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Am no Manning (family) fan, but Peyton is easilly in the top 10 QBs of all time.

Follow up point: There's a reason why the Brady/Manning rivalry exists and fun to watch.. both are ELITE QBs.

Last edited:
In no particular order:

Montana
Elway
Brady
Unitas
Staubach
Bradshaw
Favre
Starr
Steve Young
Aikman
Bob Griese
Roethlisberger
Otto Graham
Brees
Kurt Warner

So Bob Griese and Ben Roethlisberger are better than Peyton Manning and Dan Marino??!! LMAO

Also, just off the top of my head your QB (Jim Kelly) is better than some of the guys you listed.

You would actually take Jim McMahon over Peyton Manning? That's funny man.:D

How many times do I have to say that Peyton Manning didn't choke? People who both watched & followed the Seattle Seahawks this past season were not surprised at the outcome(maybe by how badly the Seahawks beat the Broncos). I've been saying for a long time that the Super Bowl champ would come out of the NFC this season. I also said that WHOEVER won the championship game between the Seahawks & the 49ers would win the Super Bowl. How the oddsmakers all of the sudden started saying that the Broncos were the favorites is beyond comprehension. I'm of the opinion that they were calling the Broncos favorites so that people would watch the game. How many people would have watched if the oddsmakers told the truth that the Broncos didn't have a prayer against the Seahawks? We might have had a different & more exciting game if they said straight up what I just said & it motivated the Broncos to play the spoiler role. It was crowd noise from the "12th man" that caused that botched snap & safety by the Broncos.

How many times do I have to say that Peyton Manning didn't choke? People who both watched & followed the Seattle Seahawks this past season were not surprised at the outcome(maybe by how badly the Seahawks beat the Broncos). I've been saying for a long time that the Super Bowl champ would come out of the NFC this season. I also said that WHOEVER won the championship game between the Seahawks & the 49ers would win the Super Bowl. How the oddsmakers all of the sudden started saying that the Broncos were the favorites is beyond comprehension. I'm of the opinion that they were calling the Broncos favorites so that people would watch the game. How many people would have watched if the oddsmakers told the truth that the Broncos didn't have a prayer against the Seahawks? We might have had a different & more exciting game if they said straight up what I just said & it motivated the Broncos to play the spoiler role. It was crowd noise from the "12th man" that caused that botched snap & safety by the Broncos.
Nobody can truly predict a game!..Players come to play and coaches come to coach..This is typical John Fox play calling..But ultimately Denver did not come to play.Point fingers but Seattle was well prepared obviously!.

Actually the oddsmakers don't care who's favored ... they swing the point spread whatever way that will get people putting money on the team that isn't getting the money at the time .... really has nothing to do with who they think will win ... although they are pretty accurate.

Actually the oddsmakers don't care who's favored ... they swing the point spread whatever way that will get people putting money on the team that isn't getting the money at the time .... really has nothing to do with who they think will win ... although they are pretty accurate.

I'll agree with that. I thought the oddsmakers were just trying to put more interest in the game by calling the Broncos the favorite. Then you had the (non-sports network) talking heads proclaiming the broncos as victors before the game......I just tuned out all of the predictions made by humans,animals,& even the John Madden Football video game. My mantra to all of that nonsense(both predicting either the Broncos or the Seahawks to be the Super bowl winner) was,"wait until Sunday." I wasn't going to get on that roller coaster.

In no particular order:

Montana
Elway
Brady
Unitas
Staubach
Bradshaw
Favre
Starr
Steve Young
Aikman
Bob Griese
Roethlisberger
Otto Graham
Brees
Kurt Warner

Top 12 In order

John Elway
Joe Montana
Troy Aikman
Otto Graham - did you ever see/throw the ball he played with ? :wtf:
Dan Marino
Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger
Terry Bradshaw
Johnny Unitas
Fran Tarkenton
Phil Simms
Peyton Manning

the most talented. if not for those Mr. Magoo :no moments could have been the goat.
Vinny Testaverde

In no particular order:

Montana
Elway
Brady
Unitas
Staubach
Bradshaw
Favre
Starr
Steve Young
Aikman
Bob Griese
Roethlisberger
Otto Graham
Brees
Kurt Warner

Oh dear...someone's gonna lose a lot of credibility with those picks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)