2013-2014 NBA Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in 1966, Cincinnati Red's owner Bill Dewitt pronounced Frank Robinson to be "an old 30" when he traded him away for Milt Pappas.
i was there
CLEVELAND -- It was on a bitter cold afternoon when Frank Robinson settled into his famous stance inside Cleveland Stadium. He stood tall, the barrel of his bat aimed straight up, head cocked and eyes peering forward, taking on history.

The ballpark was full for that Opening Day contest against the Yankees in 1975, when the temperature at game time flirted with freezing as Robinson's Indians embarked on a new season. This particular game provided another stage for the advancement of minorities in Major League Baseball.

Robinson stepped into the dugout on that April 8 as the first African-American manager in baseball history. Still a player at the time, Robinson quickly elevated his status as one of the game's all-time greats when he launched a home run to left field in his first trip to the batter's box

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/ne...16&content_id=26710142&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Knicks beat Heat 102-92
why can't the Knicks play like this ?................JR Smith ? wow

They seem to get a game from us every season. I've really enjoyed the knick fans calling into the radio shows today and mouthing off :D. Enjoy your 13th win LMAO!!

They seem to get a game from us every season. I've really enjoyed the knick fans calling into the radio shows today and mouthing off :D. Enjoy your 13th win LMAO!!

Rey, remember......EMBRACE THE HATE!! :)

To me these nicknamed jerseys are an embarrassment to the NBA. It's childish for a grown man to wear a jersey that says "The Truth".

I guess it's a ploy to sell more jerseys, whatever, it's dumb.

To me these nicknamed jerseys are an embarrassment to the NBA. It's childish for a grown man to wear a jersey that says "The Truth".

I guess it's a ploy to sell more jerseys, whatever, it's dumb.

I thought it was pretty lame as well

Pistons win! Pistons Win, snap six game skid. Very disappointed with play this season

Leafs lose, Heat lose... all is well in the sports Universe.

My problem with the "Big 3" or "Big 2 and a half" is this. No way in god's green Earth that all three woke up on July 1st 2010 and said, "hey, lets sign with the Heat". Am sure some CBA/NBA violations occured here.

Besides, back in the day, did you ever see Magic, Bird, Jordan, Malone, Barkley collude? Hell no, all these guys wanted to beat the other guy.
If anything, whats astonishing about Jordan is the lineups of his Bulls from championship #1 to #6... Only MJ, Pipper and Phil were the constant. MJ did it with a variety of teammates.

LB, IMO, might be this generations best player, but he'll never be anywhere near as good as Jordan. Jordan pushed and made his teammates better, LB just looked out for himself, his stats and his endorsements.

Eat that Rey!

Cheers, K

1364104958130.jpg

My problem with the "Big 3" or "Big 2 and a half" is this. No way in god's green Earth that all three woke up on July 1st 2010 and said, "hey, lets sign with the Heat". Am sure some CBA/NBA violations occured here.

Besides, back in the day, did you ever see Magic, Bird, Jordan, Malone, Barkley collude? Hell no, all these guys wanted to beat the other guy.
If anything, whats astonishing about Jordan is the lineups of his Bulls from championship #1 to #6... Only MJ, Pipper and Phil were the constant. MJ did it with a variety of teammates.

LB, IMO, might be this generations best player, but he'll never be anywhere near as good as Jordan. Jordan pushed and made his teammates better, LB just looked out for himself, his stats and his endorsements.

Eat that Rey!

Cheers, K
#1 post of the decade lol but true :rant:

Not sure if am happy or annoyed. I use to follow the Raps religously..but lost interest after all the masses exodus (Carter, T-Mac, Bosh). More than a month ago, Raps trade Rudy Gay to the Queens for what basically was a salary dump.
Also it wouldnt be the first time a team tanks it just to rebuild (Toronto native Wiggins is projected as a top 3 pick).

After the trade, the Raps have then won 12 of 17 (.700) and sit atop the Atlantic.

Gets bad when your team cant even tank right.

Eat that Rey!

Cheers, K

You can also add Horace Grant to the first 3 championships. Or did you forget him? And Barkley, please... he could have easily stayed with Philly if he wanted. He was DYING to get out of Philly..and the 76ers made it happen. Magic and Malone teams were stacked, they weren't going anywhere...until they sucked. You didn't see Jordan return to Chicago. ..did you forget Malone playing for the Lakers? Hmmmm...what was his reasons? Same reasons he STAYED in Utah, better chance to win another championship.

You really don't know much about MJs contract situation as a Bull. At no point Jordan ever had a chance to test the free agent market. Back then, teams were allowed to use the "Larry Bird exception"(there IS a reason it was called the "Larry Bird exception"..to avoid Bird from ever thinking from leaving) where you were basically allowed to sign your own free agents without penalty to your teams salary cap....

IF Jordan would have been allowed to smell free agency...things might of been a different.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You're making it too easy.

1- Jordan was part owner of e Wizards...why would he go back to be Bulls?
2- How old was the mailman when he joined L.A? Yeah it didn't exactly help them vs Detroit.
3- Phillly sucked, along with those horrible uniforms that looked like it was designed by a 5 year old with crayons. Sir Charles went to Phoenix and was the man, and didn't ride shotgun to anyone.
4- Grant was a good player...but no where near a difference maker.
5- The Lakers were a great team...built through the draft and some signings. Scott, magic, worthy, jabbar didn't wake up one morning and say " hey let's all move to L.A ".
6- Even as a free agent prior to his second retirement...Jordan would have never left the bulls. It was his team, his city and he was the face of the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)