2013 NCAA Basketball Tournament

WHAT were you saying about Florida Gulf Coast University...? Where you making a big issue about Miami losing to them would look bad?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This is still IMO the best sporting spectacle. Never disappointing. Four #15 seeds win in the first 20 years, 3 win in the last 2 years. What's not to love?

Let's see did all four of the 5 seeds lose,or was it 3?

Answered my own question.3 number 12 seeds advance.Also a 15,14,and 13.Obviously 12 is a lucky number in the tournament.

Wow Florida Gulf Coast beats Georgetown yes and darn there has been some upsets and good games :)

How does a 12th seed play AT home 30 miles FROM CAMPUS in California as part of the EAST BRACKET? That makes absolutely NO SENSE!!!

Iowa State might as well complete the West Region carnage.

As for Gonzaga- Wichita State jacked up a ton of 3's, and fortunately for them, they fell.

Lived by the 3. They'll proably die by it on Thursday.

How does a 12th seed play AT home 30 miles FROM CAMPUS in California as part of the EAST BRACKET? That makes absolutely NO SENSE!!!

the NC$$...thats how

Iceberg is right. Its all about the money. I do find it confusing when two west coast teams play on the east coast and are part of the midwest region.

FGCU, WOW!! I cant remember but one of the analysts said that FGCU was going to be a sleeper and I didnt believe it. This might have been the same guy who said Montana was going to beat Syracuse. Fantastic games all around. Great wins for FGCU and La Salle. A little surprised that St. Louis didnt advance. Gonzaga didnt surprise me at all. Harvard did.

Can somebody explain to me why all four play-in games are not for the 16th seed?
It was part of the deal to expand the play-in. The expanded play-in's involve the 4 lowest ranked automatics and 4 lowest at-large teams. Otherwise they would never have gotten the smaller conferences to sign off on the expanded tourney.

I do find it confusing when two west coast teams play on the east coast and are part of the midwest region.
It's all part of the "pod system" they implemented a few years ago to generate interest & attendance in the earlier rounds. The names of the regions only really matter to the sweet 16/elite 8 rounds. The earlier rounds really have no geographic allegience other than the later rounds they feed into.

Guess the Hurricanes DID lose to a decent team....

I knew this was coming...

You can't complain about Gonzaga and SOS, and tout FGCU at the same time. I'll wait for you to show me a prediction of them winning a game...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)