2013 NFL Playoffs/Super Bowl

True.He had the potential to be the best ever but decided to be lazy instead. Such a waste.So rice is still the best WR who ever walked the earth IMO. Numbers speak for themselves.......

Absolutely. Jerry Rice is the greatest ever, and that is indisputable. In fact, you could make an argument that Rice is the greatest FOOTBALL player ever.

His complaint today about his role on the team is just another reason why he's not the best. That attitude has hurt moss throughout his career. Rice always left it all out on the field for his team.true professional.

Look up how many seasons moss led the nfl in yards or td's. you'll be surprised what you'd find.

Plenty? There's 1.

And he played with Hall of Fame QB's Joe Montana and Steve Young.

When Randy finally got to play with a good QB, he lit it up.

I'll give you Montana but not Steve young. Steve is VERY lucky he landed with the 49ers, but some people don't want to talk about who he was before he got to San Fran . With the pats and the great Tom Brady ,moss proved once again he can play like the best when he wants to.

I'll give you 2 wr's better than Randy Moss.

1.Jerry Rice
2.Calvin Johnson

Megatron has already gotten close to or broken some of Jerry Rice's records.

I used to really like Moss when he came out of Marshall and joined the Vikings,since that time he has been in the same category as Terrel Owens.

1.Jerry Rice
2.Calvin Johnson

I used to really like Moss when he came out of Marshall and joined the Vikings,since that time he has been in the same category as Terrel Owens.

Calvin Johnson may end up at#1 especially when you consider how rules favor offenses now compared to when rice played. I can't put him at #2 now only because moss has the larger body of work. At the end of it all I think you will be right and who knows,he may take that #1 spot at the end of Calvin's career.

Calvin Johnson may end up at#1 especially when you consider how rules favor offenses now compared to when rice played. I can't put him at #2 now only because moss has the larger body of work. At the end of it all I think you will be right and who knows,he may take that #1 spot at the end of Calvin's career.

Johnson's big seasons need to start resulting in more wins if he wants to be up there with the other greats. He had a nice season last year, but it only resulted in 4 wins. To me that's a wasted season.

Johnson's big seasons need to start resulting in more wins if he wants to be up there with the other greats. He had a nice season last year, but it only resulted in 4 wins. To me that's a wasted season.

To me that's what makes it more impressive.He has played on some pretty crappy teams,yet he still produces huge numbers.I just wonder how he would be looked at if he were on the Pats,Packers,or even the Colts?

Yep. Hope that lions team improves for his sake.

1.Jerry Rice
2.Calvin Johnson

I agree and felt the same about him, until he started pouting and causing trouble in Minnesota, after that he went downhill till he went with the Pats for a year.

He's way too much of a Me Me Me person for my blood.

Is that how we are judging players now? Could have been better but was on a bad team?

When Calvin Johnson had been in the league a few more years I'd consider comparing him to Randy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

He's a TON better than Randy is ... and he's not a thug/malcontent me,me,me guy.

In my book that counts more than the I AM BETTER THAN EVERYONE boaster.

Randy Moss does have more saving grace than say Terrell Owens &/or Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson. Moss definitely hasn't been a cancer in the locker like,or as bad as Terrell Owens. I have a very hard time seeing Terrell Owens being voted into the HOF,Randy Moss may have a better chance,& anyway,I see Randy Moss getting into the HOF before Terrell Owens ever does.

Randy Moss does have more saving grace than say Terrell Owens &/or Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson. Moss definitely hasn't been a cancer in the locker like,or as bad as Terrell Owens. I have a very hard time seeing Terrell Owens being voted into the HOF,Randy Moss may have a better chance,& anyway,I see Randy Moss getting into the HOF before Terrell Owens ever does.

I would hope NONE of them do, but you know they will.

Of the three, I'd take T.O., that said, they all were Me Me guys first.

Is that how we are judging players now? Could have been better but was on a bad team?

When Calvin Johnson had been in the league a few more years I'd consider comparing him to Randy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

no not really but it has to be considered especially when you think about superbowls. how can you reach one much less ever win one if your team stinks year in year out. i will agree that either way calvin needs to play a few more years before we can start putting him up there with the all time greats.

He caught 50 TDs in 51 games with the Patriots.

true. then he was let go for doing what he's done best for many years, half ass play. his last season with your pats,half ass effort. even worse at Oakland and Tennessee. again i liked him for a very long time until i realized he wasn't giving it all for his teammates. he's bigger and faster than Rice but didn't take advantage of it. i have a real problem with people who don't reach their potential due to laziness. moss isn't even a huge factor for this superbowl so i'm done on this subject......... time to chew on this deer antler next to me.