2013 NFL Playoffs/Super Bowl

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That helmet rule has already been changed, and tuck rule may be reconsidered this off season.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

meh...Kind of a moot point now.If they do change the tuck rule then the playoff win over the Raiders should come with an *

I know I will rejoice when Brady retires!!Too many nightmares of him vs the Eagles,Panthers,and Dolphins!!

I can't help but be bitter towards him though.He had 2 rules specifically instated because of plays he was in.The hit below the knees that injured him (this one I agree with) and,the infamous tuck rule.I always felt that Brady got special treatment because of that.Add to that don't touch a qb's helmet rule:rolleyes: I will never ever forget Trent Cole's pinky finger sliding across Manning's helmet for a 15 yard penalty that led to a TD.Both Brady and Manning got special treatment with that rule.

See this is the bullcrap about Brady that gets started and takes on a life of its own.

1st, the below the knees hit was instituted the off season were Carson Palmer got injured in the playoff game. It's not because of the hit by Bernard Pollard.

2nd, the tuck rule has been called a 100 times since than. I remember it being called in 3 different games week 17 this year at almost the same time. Matter of fact in '01 the Patriots had it go against them earlier in that season.

Here is a website you can look at and see Brady has close to the fewest RTP penalties called in hus favor. A whole whopping 2 this year and 5 over the last 3 seasons. That's some really special treatment.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

See this is the bullcrap about Brady that gets started and takes on a life of its own.

1st, the below the knees hit was instituted the off season were Carson Palmer got injured in the playoff game. It's not because of the hit by Bernard Pollard.

2nd, the tuck rule has been called a 100 times since than. I remember it being called in 3 different games week 17 this year at almost the same time. Matter of fact in '01 the Patriots had it go against them earlier in that season.

Here is a website you can look at and see Brady has close to the fewest RTP penalties called in hus favor. A whole whopping 2 this year and 5 over the last 3 seasons. That's some really special treatment.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

Ok so I was wrong about the hit below the knees rule.I'm not talking about the tuck rule so much today,my point being when they called that in the AFC playoff game it was a totally new thing no one had ever heard about (even though it was put in the rules in 1999).I don't believe any honest person can say that wasn't a gift for Brady and the Patriots.It was a fumble plain and simple,the refs screwed the Raiders on that call.And,for the record I despise the Raiders too.

hmm this article seems to disagree about the below the knee rule.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...e_steps_taken_to_protect_qbs_knees/?page=full

meh...Kind of a moot point now.If they do change the tuck rule then the playoff win over the Raiders should come with an *

I'm starting to think everything you type should come with an *. Seriously dude, educate yourself before you hit the "submit reply" button. It's embarrassing really.

Ok so I was wrong about the hit below the knees rule.I'm not talking about the tuck rule so much today,my point being when they called that in the AFC playoff game it was a totally new thing no one had ever heard about (even though it was put in the rules in 1999).I don't believe any honest person can say that wasn't a gift for Brady and the Patriots.It was a fumble plain and simple,the refs screwed the Raiders on that call.And,for the record I despise the Raiders too.

hmm this article seems to disagree about the below the knee rule.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...e_steps_taken_to_protect_qbs_knees/?page=full
o
The refs didn't screw the Raiders, the rule did. I'll be the first to admit that the rule was/is BS, but the interpretation of the rule was correct.

Low hits to the Quaterback were banned in the 2006 offseason. Brady got hurt in the 2008 season.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2006/05/12/BL2006051200785.html

"The hit by von Oelhoffen played a major role in prompting a crackdown, ordered by the NFL's competition committee this offseason, on low hits on quarterbacks. But even while ordering the BAN"

The tuck rule is what it is. It was called before the snow bowl, and many times after.

Silliest post I've read the last couple days.

When Larry Bird announced his retirement from the Cetics, I didn't think I'd ever have that same sick feeling again. Ohhhh, was I wrong! :eek:

Brady has forever changed the New England sports landscape. You don't even know the mourning that will take place when #12 hangs 'em up! :(

Never know ...
Several things will probably happen.
Either they will go out and get a Big Time QB that may be available, or Fall into a Top QB in the draft like Indy did, Luck going to Indy was pretty much a foregone conclusion as soon as Peyton was moved.

I'm starting to think everything you type should come with an *. Seriously dude, educate yourself before you hit the "submit reply" button. It's embarrassing really.

Yea whatever.I'm certainly not embarrassed by what I said.With statements like you just made I am seriously losing respect for anything you say.I have watched the NFL since 1975 so I think I have an idea of what I am talking about.Name me one other game in NFL history that prior to the Brady tuck that changed the outcome of a game.I'm still pissed over the infamous snow plow game,the one where the plow came out and cleared a patch of the field for the patriots kicker.

Low hits to the Quaterback were banned in the 2006 offseason. Brady got hurt in the 2008 season.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2006/05/12/BL2006051200785.html

"The hit by von Oelhoffen played a major role in prompting a crackdown, ordered by the NFL's competition committee this offseason, on low hits on quarterbacks. But even while ordering the BAN"

The tuck rule is what it is. It was called before the snow bowl, and many times after.

Your wrong.Right here is the official NFL rules changes for the 2009 season.

(DANA POINT, Calif. -- NFL team owners passed four player safety rules for next season on Tuesday and adjusted the calls on the kind of tackle that injured New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady during the 2008 opener.

Defenders who are knocked to the ground no longer can lunge into quarterbacks if the play is still ongoing. Kansas City Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard did just that on the hit that ended Brady's season almost before it began, and NFL officiating director Mike Pereira placed such plays in the player safety category.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ur-rules-in-an-attempt-to-make-the-game-safer

Tell me that has nothing to do with the hit to Brady.

Re: 2012-13 NFL Playoffs

All that was is an adjustment to the going low on the QB rule that already existed.

You're reaching really hard to hate on Brady at this point.

Never know ...
Several things will probably happen.
Either they will go out and get a Big Time QB that may be available, or Fall into a Top QB in the draft like Indy did, Luck going to Indy was pretty much a foregone conclusion as soon as Peyton was moved.

The stupid thing about the the post I replied to was saying the Pats would 'only' be 9-7 when Brady retires, a mark many teams would take any given season.

*The Carson Palmer rule with theTom Brady adjustment.

Is that better?

And im not sure how the tuck rule play automatically awards you 3 superbowl titles and 5 AFC championships.

The stupid thing about the the post I replied to was saying the Pats would 'only' be 9-7 when Brady retires, a mark many teams would take any given season.

hell i dream about the fins going 9-7 :eek:

For team like yours and mines....you are correct, for teams like the Pats...that would be totally unacceptable.

*The Carson Palmer rule with theTom Brady adjustment.

Is that better?

And im not sure how the tuck rule play automatically awards you 3 superbowl titles and 5 AFC championships.

The Tuck Rule did not automagically award you the 3 Super Bowls, but it would have been one less. That game ignitied the playoff dynasty in New England. The Raiders were having and emergence with Chuckie themselves the couple of years before, who knows if that would have ignited something in Oakland? We will never know.

Seeing that I am a Raider fan... DO I think this Tuck Rule was a vindictive way for the NFL to get back at Al Davis with all the lawsuits? Naaahhh... But considering the history between Al and the NFL, and weird sh!7 that sometimes happens in Raider games...even the biggest anti-conspiracy theorist would sit there and say... "wooooowwww...."

It's a terrible rule that should have never been created. But until it decides in a playoff game or Super Bowl against of the 'chosen teams', the NFL will not do anything.

Hell, even the NFL Fox rules guy, the former head of the refs, says it's na incredibly stupid and useless rule.

New Englad was lucky that it happened to the Raiders and not them... They took advantage and a jump started a dynasty.

For team like yours and mines....you are correct, for teams like the Pats...that would be totally unacceptable.

Hardly, 19 teams are 9-7 or worse and some years that mark can win a division. Wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders have the longest a active streak of not getting to 9-7 though.

All that was is an adjustment to the going low on the QB rule that already existed.

You're reaching really hard to hate on Brady at this point.

Amendment,adjustment,call it what you will,it was specifically written because of the hit to Brady.That's why it is often referred to as the Brady rule.For the record,I don't hate Brady,honestly I don't hate anyone.Maybe jealous would be a better term.

Anyway,back to the original topic.The 2012/13 playoffs.Good luck to Brady and the Patriots,it should be a hard fought game between them and the Ravens.Hopefully there won't be any questionable calls in either of the remaining games.I always hate to see bad calls have an effect on the outcome.

Hardly, 19 teams are 9-7 or worse and some years that mark can win a division. Wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders have the longest a active streak of not getting to 9-7 though.

I get what your saying...but the Pats, after the run they have had...would consider 9-7 as a let down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)