2014 FIFA World Cup Official Thread

More of the off-field stars.
Tom Brady looked on from the VIP seats when his wife Gisele Bundchen brought the trophy on the field before the game.

Mick Jagger and LeBron James were also in the Maracana Stadium to see Germany beat Argentina 1-0 in extra time.

Celebrities rubbed shoulders at the stadium, starting with Shakira singing and Carlos Santana playing guitar during the closing ceremony.
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/stars-politics-sport-music-world-cup-final-24545092

Always Germany
title.jpg

And I thought refs in the NBA and the NFL were blind...WOW! The German goalie should have gotten a red card for is attempted save WITH A KNEE TO THE HEAD when jumping into the air! Then the ref started handing out yellow cards to Argentina like a bubble gum dispenser. Tainted win as far as I am concerned.

Blatter questions Messi´s Golden Ball.
“Shall I be diplomatic or tell you the truth?’’ said Sepp Blatter, the Fifa president, after being asked about why the Fifa's technical study group voted for a player whose achievements were comfortably eclipsed by the likes of James Rodríguez, Thomas Müller and Toni Kroos, amongst others. “Listen, I was myself a little bit surprised when I saw Messi coming up for the Golden Ball,’’ said Blatter
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...den-Ball-and-distances-himself-from-vote.html

I´m not surprised, I could say Blatter is one of the most powerful men in the world (seen in part, and hidden in part).

Anyway, I´m looking forward to the Women´s World Cup starting next Saturday.

Canada vs China, I´ll be rooting for Sinclair and her team.:D.

Looking forward also for the US team matches, I understand Amy Wambach will still be playing even though she broke her nose recently in a friendly.

She´s now 35, I seem to remember she´s the oldest in team USA, I had the idea that 35 was already considered old in this game, except for the goalie.

Therefore Hope Solo is still in good age, and I Hope that Hope is in good shape (after those off-field issues in the last years) to have a good performance in this World Cup.

What's strange is that he stays in office until a successor is voted for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)