2014 MLB Season

MLB Network duped by fake trade
David Brown
By David Brown 20 minutes ago Big League Stew
MLB: ALCS-Boston Red Sox at Detroit Tigers
View photo
Oct 15, 2013; Detroit, MI, USA; MLB network reporter Ken Rosenthal prior to game three of the American League Championship Series baseball game between the Detroit Tigers and the Boston Red Sox at Comerica Park. (Andrew Weber-USA TODAY Sports)

With the trading deadline counting down Thursday, the MLB Network briefly fell for a fake story published on Twitter about the Tampa Bay Rays trading David Price and Ben Zobrist to the Detroit Tigers. The worst part: Ken Rosenthal, the reporter being used in the fake tweet, was in the studio as host Matt Yallof read the bogus trade on the air.
Bt4kl4iCYAANv8o.jpg

There's a line in "Anchorman" befitting of this moment: "Ron Burgundy will read anything that is put on that teleprompter. Anything!"As the network went to commercial, the tweet was dismissed as fake, and the real Ken Rosenthal (who also reports for Fox Sports), took to Twitter to stop the disinformation from spreading:
Ken Rosenthal ? @Ken_Rosenthal Follow
This is a fake. Block him. RT @Ken_Rosenthal_: Sources: #Tigers close to finalizing deal with #Rays involving David Price and Ben Zobrist.
Hey, tell that to your own network!

Rosenthal also showed up on TV just to prove the real guy was out there, working on vetting actual rumors and not faking stories:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/mlb-network-duped-by-fake-trade-164235868.html

cool thing every seen, i am watching the DET/CHI game and when David Price was traded Austin Jackson was in OF and the manager came and got him

The Tigers now have the last three AL Cy Young winners in their starting rotation. I'm sad to see Smyly and especially Jackson go but I think this was a good trade. I love the moves Dombrowski keeps making for the Tigers.

All gone within the last week from last season's Red Sox championship team: Jon Lester, John Lackey, Jake Peavy, Felix Doubront, Andrew Miller, Jonny Gomes and Stephen Drew

All gone within the last week from last season's Red Sox championship team: Jon Lester, John Lackey, Jake Peavy, Felix Doubront, Andrew Miller, Jonny Gomes and Stephen Drew
I know one Red Sox Forum poster who must have had a heart attack when the Sox traded his beloved Stephen Drew to THE YANKEES. Getting Cespedes & trading away Drew :eeek?

If the Boss was still running the show.. no way in h*** would he ever make a trade with the BoSox.

This trade is proof its 100% business and to hell with any rivalry

Steinbrenner was still running the show in 1997 when the last Sox-Yanks deal was made. It wasn't exactly a blockbuster, but the Yankees got catcher Mike Stanley from the Red Sox for starting pitcher Tony Armas Jr. and reliever Jim Mecir.

If the Boss was still running the show.. no way in h*** would he ever make a trade with the BoSox.

He did make trades with the Red Sox. The last one was Mike Stanley.

The Red Sox traded players to both the Yankees & Orioles yesterday. Tonight's game between the Yankees & Red Sox is must see for me in order to see how the new players fit in for both teams. Even though comparing Cespedes to Manny Ramirez is Apple's & oranges,I believe that he'll give a competitive spark to the Red Sox almost comparable to when the Dodgers got Manny.

I just woke up a 9pm & I missed the start of the Yankees-Red Sox game,has Cespedes made it to Boston yet? I see Allen Craig & Mookie Betts are playing tonight,that's why I asked about Cespedes.

I just woke up a 9pm & I missed the start of the Yankees-Red Sox game,has Cespedes made it to Boston yet? I see Allen Craig & Mookie Betts are playing tonight,that's why I asked about Cespedes.
He's not in the line up if he's there.

I think players are allowed 48 hours to report after a trade, maybe even 72.

He had a press conference before the game, but was not in the starting lineup. It was said he was available for PH duties, but he was not needed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)