2014 NBA Playoffs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great display of team basketball by the Spurs this year. It fun to watch.

I do have a little bit of sympathy for the pre-LeBron Heat fans, I know what it's like to have everyone root against your team.

Honest question, what do you do with #3? He looks done even after getting more than a third of the regular season off.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Rey

I do have a little bit of sympathy for the pre-LeBron Heat fans, I know what it's like to have everyone root against your team.

Honest question, what do you do with #3? He looks done even after getting more than a third of the regular season off.

Bosh wasn't much help either. If the Heat learn anything from this series,it takes more than 3 players to win a championship. To the casual fan,it is SO EASY to say that the Heat were beat by a bunch of "no-names." The Spurs may not have the marquee names like the Heat,but they know how to play & win as a team. And please Heat,don't go after Carmelo Anthony,that is the WRONG way to go.

In the end, as I stated, what killed us was Pop and their bench. Their bench was approx. +28 in points.....there is series right there. As far as Wade, he would be a moron is he did not opt in because NOBODY will give him to $20+ million in the open market. Also, he can no longer start. His defense was atrocious and his offense was so-so at best. Bosh has already stated he is coming back. Lebron will be back. Things are different than the year of the decision. ONE, in this CBA, he will not make no where near the money he made with the HEAT. TWO, WHO has money, is willing to spend that much on Lebron and is close to winning it all...nobody. And finally, THREE, this Lebron is married with kids in school and a complete married life. That was not the case back then.

This will be a rebuilt team. Riley is probably the best team president in the league, if anyone can rebuild a team, he can.

Congrats to the Spurs..they earned this championship.

For starters He should take a big pay cut because unfortunately he can no longer play at the high level he did for so many years. I will never forget what he's done for this organization but his body can no longer keep up even after taking most of the season off. Bosh already said he was willing to do anything to stay here in Miami, even a pay cut. I definitely want Bosh back and I do want Wade back but in a lesser roll. I have all the confidence in the world in Pat Riley as he's come through for us again and again.

I am still very proud and grateful for the last 4 years the Heat have given us here in Miami. I'd say the building of this team was a success with the 4 straight trips to the finals and the back to back championships. Now it's time to redo a few things and give Lebron much more help like he had before this season began. He was our ONLY consistent player all year and that needs to change immediately.

Congratulations to the Spurs who were clearly the best team all season long. More than deserved.

Kinda reminiscent of why LBJ left Cleveland....

I know you would like to make the comparison but it's not even close. It was like that all the time during his time in Cleveland, he had to do a whole lot for the HEAT THIS season. Even at our weakest now this is still a way better situation than what he had over there. Another big difference is players have and will still continue to want to come here. We also delivered, helping him get his first and 2nd championship. No, Not the same at all.

Reactions: salsadancer7
Never said it was the same, but LBJ still clearly needs help. He expended a lot of energy to build that 1st quarter lead last night and didn't get any help to keep it....

Never said it was the same, but LBJ still clearly needs help. He expended a lot of energy to build that 1st quarter lead last night and didn't get any help to keep it....

I understand you point...but he was in the Finals 4 straight years and won 2 straight championships...not an easy task....and something there was no way going to accomplish in Cleveland. So there are accomplishments achieved.

For starters He should take a big pay cut because unfortunately he can no longer play at the high level he did for so many years. I will never forget what he's done for this organization but his body can no longer keep up even after taking most of the season off. Bosh already said he was willing to do anything to stay here in Miami, even a pay cut. I definitely want Bosh back and I do want Wade back but in a lesser roll. I have all the confidence in the world in Pat Riley as he's come through for us again and again.

I am still very proud and grateful for the last 4 years the Heat have given us here in Miami. I'd say the building of this team was a success with the 4 straight trips to the finals and the back to back championships. Now it's time to redo a few things and give Lebron much more help like he had before this season began. He was our ONLY consistent player all year and that needs to change immediately.

Congratulations to the Spurs who were clearly the best team all season long. More than deserved.

Well said....BUT, Wade will opt IN at $21 million..because he would stupid not to take the money. And yes, he is not good enough to start. But I think would be FANTASTIC person to lead the 2nd group when the starters were resting. There are some interesting free agents out there.

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2014.htm

Well I'll tell you right now that if Wade opts in then we're losing Lebron. The numbers will not work and honestly I'll be real pissed at Wade for being delusional on his abilities at this point in his career. It's his right I get that but then it'll be about him and not the team. He can still get the money but restructure his contract differently so we can get Lebron some real help for the future. Bosh already said he was willing to take less and I have no doubt James will do the same. So I'm looking at what Wade is going to do. If he had played way better then this wouldn't be an issue in my eyes but this isn't the case.

They'll make it again to the Finals with this roster but they will not get over the hump that is the spurs.

Well I'll tell you right now that if Wade opts in then we're losing Lebron. The numbers will not work and honestly I'll be real pissed at Wade for being delusional on his abilities at this point in his career. It's his right I get that but then it'll be about him and not the team. He can still get the money but restructure his contract differently so we can get Lebron some real help for the future. Bosh already said he was willing to take less and I have no doubt James will do the same. So I'm looking at what Wade is going to do. If he had played way better then this wouldn't be an issue in my eyes but this isn't the case.

They'll make it again to the Finals with this roster but they will not get over the hump that is the spurs.

EVERYONE would be pissed. But I GOING to ASSUME that Wade will see that the only way to add to the roster, is to take a pay cut. Bosh as ALREADY stated he would take a pay cut to stay...so he has raised the bar in unselfishness for everyone on the team.

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2014/05/bosh-willing-to-take-less-money-to-stay-in-miami/

Real issue is, is Wade willing to play a lesser role on the team? As in coming off the bench. It's easy for Wade to take less money because he easily makes it back in endorsements.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/dwyane-wade/

Here is a list of the top 100 free agents for the NBA.

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2014.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)