2014 NFL off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to assume that there is no solid proof. IF there was, they would have never signed him to that big contract a couple of years back. ALL OF A SUDDEN, after playing all these years in the NFL and NOW there are gang ties? Not 2 years ago? IF as a kid, you grew up in a crappy neighborhood with gang related issues...and you think none of the players in the NFL are not going to know KNOWN gang affiliated kids/young men?

This smells of the NEW head coaching not liking him and the brass NOT wanting to pay him the money.

Proof of anything isn't needed in the NFL. As was said earlier, the Eagles did not give a reason in their short statement last week. It may be as simple as Kelly not liking him, or it may be the gang stuff. We may never know.

What we do know is that Jackson won't suffer from this too much. He'll end up signing a comparable deal with another team, unless it comes out that all the gang rumors were right... ;)

Proof of anything isn't needed in the NFL. As was said earlier, the Eagles did not give a reason in their short statement last week. It may be as simple as Kelly not liking him, or it may be the gang stuff. We may never know.

What we do know is that Jackson won't suffer from this too much. He'll end up signing a comparable deal with another team, unless it comes out that all the gang rumors were right... ;)

But you have to admit,it was pretty classless of the Eagles to leak those documents.

a young black man just can't win, it was not long ago they said "when they make it" they leave their community behind so other youngsters never see them etc. now if they go back it's this. in a no win

a young black man just can't win, it was not long ago they said "when they make it" they leave their community behind so other youngsters never see them etc. now if they go back it's this. in a no win

"Young boack man just can't win" ?
Plenty of black men have done very well for themselves ...

Its all about the choices one makes, color doesn't makebthe person, the choices he make, does that.

"Young boack man just can't win" ?
Plenty of black men have done very well for themselves ...

Its all about the choices one makes, color doesn't makebthe person, the choices he make, does that.

was talking in general about what happened to Jackson.

and you are right some do just fine.
but if you do not know or understand the plight of many inner city youths... what can i say.

The plight of inner city youths who make it and then employ people who might be murderers in their record label and post pictures on Instagram with their gang buddies.

What a plight indeed.

Thought I'd seen it all with the white knighting of Ray Rice, but DeSean Jackson too?

I dint think it is why he was cut, his huge contact was, but sheesh.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The plight of inner city youths who make it and then employ people who might be murderers in their record label and post pictures on Instagram with their gang buddies.

What a plight indeed.

Thought I'd seen it all with the white knighting of Ray Rice, but DeSean Jackson too?

I dint think it is why he was cut, his huge contact was, but sheesh.

MIGHT is the operatives word. Riding ALOT on the word "might". Alot of Inner city kids have these associates since kids. There a HUGE difference between DeSean Jeackson and Aaron Hernandez.... solar systems apart.

Last edited:
djax to Washington.I have a bad feeling he will burn the Eagles at least once this season.

They still don't have an official date for the NFL schedule release.......one of my favorite days on the sports calendar.

It's usually mid to late April isn't it, usually just before the draft?? The draft isn't until May 8 this year, hopefully the release isn't pushed back as well....

We never really know until a week or so prior, if that, no?

Some leaks already though, like Lions @ Bills on Thanksgiving.

Bills-Lions on Turkey Day? I guess the NFL is advocating families to spend more quality time together! :)

Doesn't matter, Lions always play the early game anyways, most families get together for dinner, Lions game usually just about over by then.

;)

h7706A1E8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Van Wieren

Gumble's grumble about LaRussa's HoF induction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts