2014 NFL off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go Goodell, dilute the playoffs even more ....

Soon it will be the NHL/NBA when 1/2 the teams qualify.

It use to MEAN something to make the playoffs ... soon it will be a forgone conclusion ...

If you don't make the playoffs you suk (once they continue to expand, don't think it will stop there either)

What they should do, is go the OTHER way, right now, you can go to the playoffs with an actual LOSING record.
Make it so you have to be at least 1 game over .500, I would prefer 2 games over, to make the playoffs.

Way to go Goodell, dilute the playoffs even more ....

Soon it will be the NHL/NBA when 1/2 the teams qualify.

It use to MEAN something to make the playoffs ... soon it will be a forgone conclusion ...

If you don't make the playoffs you suk (once they continue to expand, don't think it will stop there either)
He's going to be the death of the NFL ... what's next? Nerf footballs ...

Cam Newton out at least 4 months with ankle surgery..Still no idea what they are doing on offense!!..Perhaps this is a clue?..

They might try to trade for Djax,hate to see him out in philly,but Carolina would be the next best thing.He is faster than greased lightning,good hands,but he can be a bit of a diva at times.

They might try to trade for Djax,hate to see him out in philly,but Carolina would be the next best thing.He is faster than greased lightning,good hands,but he can be a bit of a diva at times.
well that's out
they clubbed out Smitty for that ..........sort of he was the leader and Cam wanted that job.
think they would have cut Smitty with out Cam Diva's ok ? not a chance

Last edited:
well that's out
they clubbed out Smitty for that ..........sort of he was the leader and Cam wanted that job.
think they would have cut Smitty with out Cam Diva's ok ? not a chance

There could be some truth to this...It was Smitty`s team shared with Cam...I did not see any fued nor was any issues ever reported by the local media here but who knows!!..If anything I think Smitty let his ego go and had no issues with Cam...IMO it is all the GM Dave Gettleman....Why Jerry Richardson is sitting idle when he promised us a Superbowl win within 10yrs I have no idea...Why he trust`s this clown is beyond me!!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/5428/has-gettleman-finally-made-a-big-gaffe

There could be some truth to this...It was Smitty`s team shared with Cam...I did not see any fued nor was any issues ever reported by the local media here but who knows!!..If anything I think Smitty let his ego go and had no issues with Cam...IMO it is all the GM Dave Gettleman....Why Jerry Richardson is sitting idle when he promised us a Superbowl win within 10yrs I have no idea...Why he trust`s this clown is beyond me!!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/5428/has-gettleman-finally-made-a-big-gaffe

fun fact i heard
you have 6 receivers with a total of 5 catches on the roster.

fun fact i heard
you have 6 receivers with a total of 5 catches on the roster.
Oh No...You just didn`t just remind me of that fact!!!!!....and out of those receivers there is a total of 83 or 89 yards with 1 TD...I am going on my memory when it comes to total yards so I may be off a bit but not by much!!....Dave Gettleman is an idiot!!!! and that is a fact I am not off on!..

Last edited:
Wilfork and the Patriots are still at a standstill. What do you folks think?

I can understand both sides but am leaning towards the Pats here. He's older, injured last season and a massive cap hit. To be fair,
I'd redo his contract and lean it towards bonuses and incentives. Almost seems wrong to sit on your backside for a season and get paid 11million.

Wilfork and the Patriots are still at a standstill. What do you folks think?

I can understand both sides but am leaning towards the Pats here. He's older, injured last season and a massive cap hit. To be fair,
I'd redo his contract and lean it towards bonuses and incentives. Almost seems wrong to sit on your backside for a season and get paid 11million.
I don't think neither side is in the wrong here. It's a business and a cold one so at the end of it all, teams and players need to do what they think is best for them. This is a case where I can't criticize what either side is trying to do.....

Ritchie Incognito... want him on your team?

I say yes. Big dude willing to do the unspoken dirty work. Every team needs, and wants, someone like him.

Besides, in the long list of NFL "offenders", he's on the bottom of the pile. I much rather have him "harass" (which apparently went both ways) a teammate then get behind the wheel drunk, beat up a women, shoot himself in the leg, busted trafficking or killing someone.

Ritchie Incognito... want him on your team?

I say yes. Big dude willing to do the unspoken dirty work. Every team needs, and wants, someone like him.

Besides, in the long list of NFL "offenders", he's on the bottom of the pile. I much rather have him "harass" (which apparently went both ways) a teammate then get behind the wheel drunk, beat up a women, shoot himself in the leg, busted trafficking or killing someone.
That's pretty much all true but the questions about what happened between him and Martin in this locker room will never end. I prefer the fins release him. Before this stupidity, I liked the attitude he brought onto the field for the dolphins but that's over now.

Status
Not open for further replies.