2014 Winter Olympics thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And, a lot of hockey there and on other NBC networks...
Did the local affiliates fight all day olympics in favor of their syndicated shows? I don't get why they didn't turn the Today time slot into realtime coverage. They could show live events from 7-11 am. I would think shutting down the soaps for 2 weeks in favor of olympic coverage would have brought in better ratings.

Did the local affiliates fight all day olympics in favor of their syndicated shows? I don't get why they didn't turn the Today time slot into realtime coverage. They could show live events from 7-11 am. I would think shutting down the soaps for 2 weeks in favor of olympic coverage would have brought in better ratings.
Well, the today show is a network thing. They always would rather show those idiots and put live coverage on the cable channels during that time. But I agree on the fact that just 3-5pm during the daytime (intead of 10am-5pm like they did with London 2012) really stinks. Seriously makes me wish ESPN should've won the rights back in 2011, but then again, would they have shown anything on ABC if that happened? Probably not.

Well, the today show is a network thing. They always would rather show those idiots and put live coverage on the cable channels during that time. But I agree on the fact that just 3-5pm during the daytime (intead of 10am-5pm like they did with London 2012) really stinks. Seriously makes me wish ESPN should've won the rights back in 2011, but then again, would they have shown anything on ABC if that happened? Probably not.
ESPN would have pushed everything live, just like they do with the Australian Open. And most likely did a highlight show on primetime on ABC. I wonder if they would blow out their whole lineup for nonstop olympics or would their NBA contract get in the way.

What, and miss compelling coverage like this??

lauer15f-3-web.jpg

Schedule for Thursday Feb 20 (all times ET)

Curling
Women's Bronze Medal Game-Great Britain vs Switzerland:
Live @ 3:30-6:30am on TSN and NBCSN
Women's Gold Medal Game-Sweden vs Canada: Live @ 8:30am-12pm on CBC; Tape Delay @ 5-8pm on CNBC

Figure Skating
Ladies Free Skating:
Live @ 9:55am-2:10pm on TSN and NBCSN

Freestyle Skiing
Men's Ski Cross Finals:
Live @ 4:30-6am on CBC; Tape delay @ 2:30-3pm on NBCSN and between 8-11:30pm on NBC
Ladies' Ski Halfpipe Final: Live @ 12:15-1:25pm on Sportsnet; Tape delay between 8-11:30pm on NBC

Ice Hockey
Women's Bronze Medal Game-Switzerland vs Sweden:
Live @ 7-9:30am on TSN and NBCSN
Women's Gold Medal Game-Canada vs USA: Live @ 12-3pm on CBC and NBC (surprisingly!)

Nordic Combined
Team Gundersen LH / 4x5 km, Cross-Country:
Live @ 6-7:15am on CBC and Sportsnet; Live @ JIP 6:30-7am on NBCSN; Tape Delay Fri @ 1-2am on NBC

Canada edged out Latvia (??) 2-1 yesterday in Mens quaterfinals. Shots were like 55-14 in favour of Canada. Latvia's 21 year old goalie Gudlevskis (rights belong to Tampa Bay) proved that a hot goalie can make a huge difference.

Friday its mens semi's Canada vs the traitors...uh... Team USA at noon eastern.

Pardon my ignorance on women's hockey rules, but is offsides different in the women's game?? There were a couple instances where a teammate was clearly a couple strides over the blue line ahead of the puck carrier and offsides wasn't called....

A couple of inches from Gold when that puck hit that empty net post. USA ladies had it, and couldn't put it away. Bummer.

Last edited:
Schedule for Friday Feb 21 (all times ET)

Alpine Skiing
Women's Slalom Run 1: Live @ 7:30-9am on Sportsnet; Tape Delay between 8-11pm on NBC
Women's Slalom Run 2: Live @ 11am-12:25pm on Sportsnet; Tape Delay between 8-11pm on NBC

Biathlon
Women's 4x6km Relay: Live @ 9:15-11am on Sportsnet and NBCSN; Tape Delay between 3-5pm on NBC

Curling
Men's Bronze Medal Game-China vs Sweden: Live @ 3:30-6:30am on TSN and NBCSN
Men's Gold Medal Game-Canada vs Great Britain: Live @ 8:30-11:30am on CBC; Tape delay @ 5-8pm on CNBC

Freestyle Skiing
Ladies' Ski Cross Seeding: Live @ 2:45-3:30am on CBC; Live JIP 3-3:30am on NBCSN
Ladies' Ski Cross Finals: Live @ 4:30-6am on CBC; Tape Delay between 11-11:30am on NBCSN; Tape delay between 3-5pm on NBC

Ice Hockey
Men's Playoffs Semifinals-Sweden vs Finland: Live @ 7-9:30am on TSN and NBCSN
Men's Playoffs Semifinals-USA vs Canada: Live @ 12-2:30pm on CBC and NBCSN

Short Track
Ladies' 1000m, Men's 500m, Men's 5000m: Live @ 11:25am-2:15pm on TSN; Tape Delay between 8-11pm on NBC

Speed Skating
Men's and Ladies' Team Pursuit Quarterfinals, Men's Team Pursuit Semifinals: Live @ 8:25-10:25am on TSN2; Tape Delay between 2:30-3pm on NBCSN; Tape Delay between 8-11pm for Men's on NBC; Tape Delay Sat @ 12:35-1:30am on NBC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)