2015 NCAA football discussion thread

Ironically it was shortly before that , that the same guy was in the locker room saying they will have to hit me harder than that to take me out. (He took quite a hit in the 1st half, I think it was 2 guys meeting him in the backfield).

That said, I was not happy when he went out ...
I noticed that as well. It was just a few plays after ESPN showed that statement.

Hate it for the kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these teams playing again next year, I don't recall, but I don't think so.

The way I saw it, the 3rd quarter belonged to the Bucks Big time and that was pretty much it.
Yes, Va Tech had the lead at the half, had OSU not been so giving (2 turnovers) that lead directly to 14 of thier 17, it wouldn't have been that close ...
Urban typically does great with halftime adjustments, granted Brewer went out, but I don't see Va Tech scoring 40 + points on the Bucks and thats what it would have taken.
Yeah even with the starter in, osu had obviously made adjustments to take complete control of that game after half.

It may have been slightly closer (slightly), but there was no doubt who the better team was once osu started the adjustments. Not even remotely.

Yeah even with the starter in, osu had obviously made adjustments to take complete control of that game after half.

It may have been slightly closer (slightly), but there was no doubt who the better team was once osu started the adjustments. Not even remotely.

And to think 3 of thier best players come back next week.... :eeek

Are these teams playing again next year, I don't recall, but I don't think so.

The way I saw it, the 3rd quarter belonged to the Bucks Big time and that was pretty much it.
Yes, Va Tech had the lead at the half, had OSU not been so giving (2 turnovers) that lead directly to 14 of thier 17, it wouldn't have been that close ...
Urban typically does great with halftime adjustments, granted Brewer went out, but I don't see Va Tech scoring 40 + points on the Bucks and thats what it would have taken.

VT was in the lead at halftime due to Fosters adjustments and the offense clicking finally... had Brewer not went out the offense would have been able to keep up a little and the defense wouldn't have lost faith which any VT fan around me all saw soon as he was said to not return that was that..it was as if someone took their lunch pail. Lots of what if's but it is what it is and done... VT 1 - OSU 1 tied up for the series but no future meeting unless they see each other in a bowl game down the road.
OSU fans traveled well there was a decent amount around.

My concern like others turn to the rest of the season... bouncing back can happen but I'm afraid it won't with the current situation. I remember losing two games at a start of the season a number of years ago one to an FCS team and still playing in the Sugar Bowl so ya never know.

VT was in the lead at halftime due to Fosters adjustments and the offense clicking finally... had Brewer not went out the offense would have been able to keep up a little and the defense wouldn't have lost faith which any VT fan around me all saw soon as he was said to not return that was that..it was as if someone took their lunch pail. Lots of what if's but it is what it is and done... VT 1 - OSU 1 tied up for the series but no future meeting unless they see each other in a bowl game down the road.
OSU fans traveled well there was a decent amount around.

My concern like others turn to the rest of the season... bouncing back can happen but I'm afraid it won't with the current situation. I remember losing two games at a start of the season a number of years ago one to an FCS team and still playing in the Sugar Bowl so ya never know.
Ohio States motto last year and going forward has been " Next Man Up" and they do it very well, many on the Defensive side got thier first College Starts, that was a good thing, now thats not saying they haven't played, just haven't started before.
I was impressed with the guys who came in to replace Bosa, Hubbard was one guy who played very well on the D Line, Adulphus Washington also played very well. LB Rakeon McMillen has played considerable amount of time last year, but never looked comfortable, probably thinking instead of reacting, looked MUCH more comfortable last night.

Offensively, they will get 3 recvrs back next week, 2 of them starters and the third plays as much as he can break into the line up.

Coaches poll
1. Ohio State (63) 1,599.
2. Alabama (1) 1,485
3. TCU (1) 1,464
4. Baylor 1,349
5. Oregon 1,279
6. Michigan State 1,252
7. Auburn 1,190
8. Florida State 1,090
9. Georgia 1,075
10. USC 1,035
11. Notre Dame 994
12. Clemson 870
13. UCLA 801
14. Ole Miss 735
15. LSU 734
16. Georgia Tech 651
17. Oklahoma 541
18. Arkansas 495
19. Texas A&M 418
20. Arizona 336
21. Missouri 301
22. Boise State 277
23. Tennessee 212
24. Wisconsin 108
25. Utah 106

Ironically it was shortly before that , that the same guy was in the locker room saying they will have to hit me harder than that to take me out. (He took quite a hit in the 1st half, I think it was 2 guys meeting him in the backfield).

That said, I was not happy when he went out ...

Good teams take advantage of those situations...and that's exactly the Buckeyes did. That is what was expected.

They will be taking advantage a lot then. They only have one ranked team left on their schedule.
At the moment ....
Not all 10 sec teams will end up in the top 25 either.

Its only week 1 ....

Most people are thinking, is my team that Good or that Bad ....
Your more than likely somewhere in between.

So what happens when the Buckeye start to blow someone out and bring in the back up QB ?
What does the other coach say ? Really ?

Hopefully Barrett gets playing time this week and they can bring in their true freshmen to get some reps as well.

There was talk that Barrett may get the start ... does he play Jones as well ... keep in mind, they are playing Hawaii, unfortunately its a HOME game.

At the moment ....

Its only week 1 ....

Sure the polls are fluid , but that's one of the easiest schedules a top team has played in a long time.

They really should have no challenge until late November.

Sure the polls are fluid , but that's one of the easiest schedules a top team has played in a long time.

While I agree that it looks like an easy schedule, it looked the same last year, the Bucks can not be held responsible for the rest of the league ...
Every year teams step up and someone defeats or comes close to defeating a big team.

Penn State took OSU to OT last year. Not saying they were better than OSU, but they were a formidable challenge as was obviously Michigan State.
I don't expect as much trouble with Penn State this year, but if we knew all the outcomes it wouldn't be any fun.
Wisconsin will get better as the season goes along .... Minnesota can be formidable ... they were good last year and I expect them to get even better this year.
OSU played them last year in a blizzard with temps in the low teens. ANYTHING can happen.

Had OSU lost that game, no one would have thought about how weather serves in these games, it would have just been a loss and the Bucks would have been done.

It really doesn't matter how tough the Bucks schedule was last year or this year .... If they beat the Supposed Top teams, like they did last year, they will be just fine.

They played the same crappy schedule last year and still beat Bama, the sec best and Oregon the Pac 12 best.
If they do it again this year, then what ?

This wasn't directed at you, your post was just there ...
Its just something for all the people that complain about schedules to think about.

At the moment ....

Its only week 1 ....

There will be 11. ;) Kentucky isn't in there YET! HAHA

Reactions: Ronnie-

which means they will be nice and fresh for a playoff that the committee will vote them in too.

upload_2015-9-11_10-0-14.png

Haha, too funny to not share. (and Jimbo, I do think he is a good coach)

Reactions: mccoyrj and Derwin0
which means they will be nice and fresh for a playoff that the committee will vote them in too.
Not really, IF all goes the way you all expect, they end the season with Michigan State, Michigan, and the Big Ten Conference Championship, those games if they make it thru them unscathed ... will NOT be easy.

I'm rather pissed with whoever decided to have MSU this close to the end of the year ... the week before rivalry week.

Yeah OSU only seems to have had 2 teams on their schedule worthy of what they present and one was VT the other is Michigan St.

I'm watching gameday and its funny they think ND is on upset alert with UVA lol They will fire London after this game if he loses it by 20+

Rafael Palmeiro

NFL games in China? It could happen by 2018, according to report

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts