2015 NCAA football discussion thread

The LSU game was flashy, so flashy that they cancelled it due to lightning. No tune-up for the new starting QB with a trip to Mississippi State next week and a visit from Auburn the following. Could go 0-2 very easily. :(

Reactions: Ronnie-
That Hail Mary pass to go over Nebraska was awesome.... great finish! Louisville and time management and that last timeout was just beyond stupid...

Good games and some big upsets!! :)

Yep! One more upset to go for tomorrow night ;)

I've been sick for last few days but I'm going to be at that game if I have to crawl there!!!! GO HOKIES!

The LSU game was flashy, so flashy that they cancelled it due to lightning. No tune-up for the new starting QB with a trip to Mississippi State next week and a visit from Auburn the following. Could go 0-2 very easily. :(
Now how do they show that game as far as standings are concerned ...
Univ. Of Toledo had what should have been an easy warm up game against Stoney Brook (didn't know they did football) ... Game was held up I think it was 3 times due to lightning for over 2 hrs, don't think they made it even to halftime ... they called the game and it shows as Canceled as if it didn't happen, a glorified scrimmage I guess.
Stats do not count and game will Not be made up.

Reactions: mccoyrj
That Hail Mary pass to go over Nebraska was awesome.... great finish! Louisville and time management and that last timeout was just beyond stupid...

Yep! One more upset to go for tomorrow night ;)

I've been sick for last few days but I'm going to be at that game if I have to crawl there!!!! GO HOKIES!
You got your UPSET last year .... it better NOT happen again this year. :D.

So, is it a given that IF you guys win Monday night , the rest of your year will suck ?

IF the Buckeyes go on to lose to Va Tech again and run the table ... will they be able to make the Playoffs ?
They did last year, does that set a presidence ?

DON'T buy into the 14 point spread ... it should be much closer than that.

Maybe I should go to one of those petition sites & start a petition demanding that Boise State replace their blue turf with green turf.
why? Its BEAUTIFUL

Now the inferno (red turf) in Eastern Washington? yeah get rid of it
And what the hell did they do in Tulane? Burn up the turf every 5 yards??
Yulman_Stadium_Westfeldt.jpg

why? Its BEAUTIFUL

View attachment 109772
Theres a High School field in town that re did thier entire stadium and field, it has thier field 2 toned like the one in your picture except they were smart enough to have two different shades of GREEN instead of green and dead grass brown !

You got your UPSET last year .... it better NOT happen again this year. :D.

So, is it a given that IF you guys win Monday night , the rest of your year will suck ?

IF the Buckeyes go on to lose to Va Tech again and run the table ... will they be able to make the Playoffs ?
They did last year, does that set a presidence ?

DON'T buy into the 14 point spread ... it should be much closer than that.

That point crap means nothing...it was 19 last year. Any true Hokie fan will tell you that as long as they beat UVA the rest of the season can go to sh*t. However, I feel that it should start with this game and end with beating UVA no matter what. This is going to be the biggest game of the weekend and win or lose it needs to be close to really mean something for either team. The ACC is getting a ton of bad rap here lately about being on the outside looking in for the playoff....its time VT takes a step back into the national spotlight and this could be the game to do it. I'll be there as of 11am - maybe I can jump around on ESPN's cameras some who knows. Gonna be a "Orange Effect" game so everyone should be in orange. That is the one thing that always got me is how those like Penn State can get everyone in white but we can't get everyone in orange or maroon depending on the "effect" they put out. I think it should be a requirement for you to get in along with your ticket to be wearing the designated color!

As for the rest of the season... ok so Furman should be easy, Purdue looked horrible to a bad Marshall team, East Carolina lost their QB that ran all over us last year and most of their starters, GT and Miami look to be the only other teams on the schedule to be a major challenge then its either Clemson or FSU for the title game.

Lots of what if's.....and after last year even with a win tomorrow night I'm not counting chickens for sure!

That point crap means nothing...it was 19 last year. Any true Hokie fan will tell you that as long as they beat UVA the rest of the season can go to sh*t. However, I feel that it should start with this game and end with beating UVA no matter what. This is going to be the biggest game of the weekend and win or lose it needs to be close to really mean something for either team. The ACC is getting a ton of bad rap here lately about being on the outside looking in for the playoff....its time VT takes a step back into the national spotlight and this could be the game to do it. I'll be there as of 11am - maybe I can jump around on ESPN's cameras some who knows. Gonna be a "Orange Effect" game so everyone should be in orange. That is the one thing that always got me is how those like Penn State can get everyone in white but we can't get everyone in orange or maroon depending on the "effect" they put out. I think it should be a requirement for you to get in along with your ticket to be wearing the designated color!

As for the rest of the season... ok so Furman should be easy, Purdue looked horrible to a bad Marshall team, East Carolina lost their QB that ran all over us last year and most of their starters, GT and Miami look to be the only other teams on the schedule to be a major challenge then its either Clemson or FSU for the title game.

Lots of what if's.....and after last year even with a win tomorrow night I'm not counting chickens for sure!
At State College (Penn State) they hand out T Shirts when you come in, thats how the White Out takes effect .... its actually pretty cool to see.
However, if you wore YOUR team colors, why throw on a T Shirt.

You should wear something to stand out in the crowd when at the GameDay show so we all know it's you .... then whatever you want after that !

At State College (Penn State) they hand out T Shirts when you come in, thats how the White Out takes effect .... its actually pretty cool to see.
However, if you wore YOUR team colors, why throw on a T Shirt.

You should wear something to stand out in the crowd when at the GameDay show so we all know it's you .... then whatever you want after that !

Ehh I'll be lucky to get close show time which I have no idea when is.
http://www.hokiesports.com/webcam/
take a peak... that's where the concert was last night but my tailgate is lower left of that screen under those trees there dead in front of stadium :)

Now how do they show that game as far as standings are concerned ...
Univ. Of Toledo had what should have been an easy warm up game against Stoney Brook (didn't know they did football) ... Game was held up I think it was 3 times due to lightning for over 2 hrs, don't think they made it even to halftime ... they called the game and it shows as Canceled as if it didn't happen, a glorified scrimmage I guess.
Stats do not count and game will Not be made up.
It just disappears off the final schedule I suppose. They barely started before it was delayed (each team played a series and punted), then it was cancelled after about 4 hours of waiting for lightning storms to pass, which they never did. Didn't this happen to Florida last season?

...And what the hell did they do in Tulane? Burn up the turf every 5 yards??
View attachment 109772

Theres a High School field in town that re did thier entire stadium and field, it has thier field 2 toned like the one in your picture except they were smart enough to have two different shades of GREEN instead of green and dead grass brown !
The idea at Tulane was to have alternating green patterns to make it look similar to real, mown grass. The groundskeeper must be colorblind, or he may have misunderstood it as "smoked" grass. :D

Reactions: Mr Tony
why? Its BEAUTIFUL

View attachment 109772
I think that looks better than that awful Boise blue. I rarely watch them if they are home as the field effect on TV leaves me nauseous.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Well, that va tech defense isn't looking good at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)