2015 NCAA football discussion thread

Ok. After that commercial I'm cheering for va tech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised the game was as close as it was at the half.

Urban has got himself a dynasty up there. No real competition on the field and in recruiting there. I just hope for his sake that his heart can take it.

Urban has got himself a dynasty up there. No real competition on the field and in recruiting there. I just hope for his sake that his heart can take it.
You can't give a compliment without a back hand negative swipe can you ? :rolleyes:

With Miller at WR, OSU is a VERY dangerous team (or so it appears).
That coupled with their schedule puts them at a lock to make the playoffs IMO. They can basically cruise until nov 21 against Mich State, then have the conf champ game, and that's it.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Too bad the VaTech QB got hurt. Once he was out, they were done. Could they have won if he stayed, maybe. You can clearly see the moment he was helped to the lockerroom the defense gave up.

Reactions: dvrexpander

He just won the national championship so he obviously has the edge but he does have some recruiting competition in that region. Mark Dantonio has had several strong years in a row at Michigan State so he is obviously doing a decent job of recruiting. Notre Dame always has solid recruiting classes under Brian Kelly. Michigan looks pretty terrible right now but Jim Harbough is going to get some good recruits just off his name too. Wisconsin didn't look very good this weekend against Alabama but they are typically a pretty good program.

Ubran does have the edge but it's not like he doesn't have any competition for recruiting in the Midwest.

Reactions: Jimbo
New Poll out. Bama Jumped TCU, a few teams out, a few new ones in.

AP Top 25
10 SEC teams in the top 25 including the entire SEC WEST. I was wondering, how many ranked teams played another ranked team in week one?

Poor kid got his bell rung.

upload_2015-9-8_14-29-52.png

My dad had several concussions when he was younger and has parkinson's and dementia now. We obviously don't know that he wouldn't have developed those problems if he hadn't had the concussions but there seems to be some pretty strong correlation. I hate to see things like that happen on the football field.

My dad had several concussions when he was younger and has parkinson's and dementia now. We obviously don't know that he wouldn't have developed those problems if he hadn't had the concussions but there seems to be some pretty strong correlation. I hate to see things like that happen on the football field.
As do I. The football fan in me loves to see a good lick, but you know this is often the result. Honestly, if I had a son, knowing what we now know about concussions and such, I am not sure if I would let him play. Even though I did myself and never had one, that I know of anyway.

I remember once in a jv game I was playing safety, and we were playing a school that had a 9th grade freak of nature. Absolute beast, about 6'3 and 235 at that age. Played full back and was absolutely running over us. Well, hand of to Dubose, and be the time he got through the line and the backers he had a full head of steam. I had the bright idea of hitting him head up instead of going for his knees. Now I was about 140 soaking wet. Needless to say he rolled me. I did get the tackle however, as when he ran over me (literally), his cleats caught my facemask and ripped it off, resulting in him tripping. Smith with the tackle in there!!! lol

Coach made me sit out a few plays, then sent me back in. With a new helmet.

The kid ended up being drafted by the MLB in the first round in 97, went to pitch at Miss State, then spent some time in the pros in the 2000's. Had a nasty mid 90's fastball in high school. Pitched a perfect game against us (nobody even tipped the ball) and hit two homers.

Well it was a good day, great game till we lost our QB at that point as salsa said the game went down hill and the rest of the guys just didn't rally. I truly believe VT had a really good chance leading at the half and after having stabilized everything that they had a shot. They matched up well against OSU, nobody can say otherwise.

I will give credit to Miller..that sucker is fast, that one play with a twist he did was just impressive. With our QB out... I don't think there is anyone expecting a decent season now this year unless the backup can step up. He is lucky he's going against an FCS school Saturday to at least get some more reps in.

OSU 1 - VT 1 - till the next match up!

Hahaaha. Hope he stayed !!

I never leave till the clock is 00:00 - I was there in the closing minute of our game against Nebraska several years ago when we drove the field and scored with a minute left while half the stadium had left. You just never know any more in CFB what could happen. I cheered them on till the end which was a good game just as I said earlier..disappointed to see our QB hurt like that after all the hard work he put in over the past year. We had a chance up until then but after that the wind went out of the sails of every one it seemed.

Too bad the VaTech QB got hurt. Once he was out, they were done. Could they have won if he stayed, maybe. You can clearly see the moment he was helped to the lockerroom the defense gave up.
Ironically it was shortly before that , that the same guy was in the locker room saying they will have to hit me harder than that to take me out. (He took quite a hit in the 1st half, I think it was 2 guys meeting him in the backfield).

That said, I was not happy when he went out ...

10 SEC teams in the top 25 including the entire SEC WEST. I was wondering, how many ranked teams played another ranked team in week one?
How many of these 10 sec teams that are now in, were not in to start with and did any of them that are now in, play anyone to move up into it ?

Well it was a good day, great game till we lost our QB at that point as salsa said the game went down hill and the rest of the guys just didn't rally. I truly believe VT had a really good chance leading at the half and after having stabilized everything that they had a shot. They matched up well against OSU, nobody can say otherwise.

I will give credit to Miller..that sucker is fast, that one play with a twist he did was just impressive. With our QB out... I don't think there is anyone expecting a decent season now this year unless the backup can step up. He is lucky he's going against an FCS school Saturday to at least get some more reps in.

OSU 1 - VT 1 - till the next match up!
Are these teams playing again next year, I don't recall, but I don't think so.

The way I saw it, the 3rd quarter belonged to the Bucks Big time and that was pretty much it.
Yes, Va Tech had the lead at the half, had OSU not been so giving (2 turnovers) that lead directly to 14 of thier 17, it wouldn't have been that close ...
Urban typically does great with halftime adjustments, granted Brewer went out, but I don't see Va Tech scoring 40 + points on the Bucks and thats what it would have taken.

How many of these 10 sec teams that are now in, were not in to start with and did any of them that are now in, play anyone to move up into it ?
State moved in by beating usm, I don't agree with that one , but if they were close before and teams above lost I do understand it.

A&M beat a top 15 Arizona State team. I can see that one.

Everyone else was ranked if I'm not mistaken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)