2015 NCAA football discussion thread

I fully expect it all to right itself and the world to go back to the normal SEC domination very soon.
thing is you never know if the "great" team in the ACC is a creampuff or not. I mean look at how FSU got rolled by Oregon who got rolled by Ohio. In the SEC WEST it is a gauntlet that the ACC just doesnt have. What does Clemson have? a game against ultra bad South Carolina? or ND? oh please. If they think they are all that come play in a real division. But ask A&M what happens when you do that. yeah you might wina big game but you still aint good enough to win the SEC.

BTW is there a team that doesnt have 2 weeks rest before they play Bama this year? (jkn) I think this is #4 coming up.

As for the ACC homer a few post back. Their champ was humiliated last year as I said the would be after screaming that they didnt belong in the top 4 with their scedule of ACC patsys.. The SEC champ lost by a TD.

I really thought that after watching the ACC CHAMP get rolled 59-20 in the playoff by a team that got humiliated in the championship game that the committee would think twice the next time. Hell why isnt IOWA #1? sh*t lets just stick anybody up there undefeated in a nothing conference.

I really thought that after watching the ACC CHAMP get rolled 59-20 in the playoff by a team that got humiliated in the championship game that the committee would think twice the next time. Hell why isnt IOWA #1? sh*t lets just stick anybody up there undefeated in a nothing conference.

The Big 10 won the national championship last year even though plenty of SEC fans thought there was no one in the playoffs that deserved to be on the same field as Alabama. At least wait until a Big 10 team isn't the defending champion before you call it a nothing conference.

Reactions: Jimbo
“I Felt Paul that it was too difficult to win a through the SEC to win a National Championship. I felt that our best route would be to go through the ACC and that did prove out to be correct. But, I don’t know if we could have made it through the SEC.” – Bobby Bowden.

still true today.

The Big 10 won the national championship last year even though plenty of SEC fans thought there was no one in the playoffs that deserved to be on the same field as Alabama. At least wait until a Big 10 team isn't the defending champion before you call it a nothing conference.
who called the big ten a nothing conference this year? They have 2 legit teams. Michigan state and OHIO IMO. ALthough Ohio isnt playing anybody all season until the last 2 games of the season. The rest of their schedule was trash. Sorry but this is a joke http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/big-ten/2015-ohio-state-buckeyes-football-schedule.php

Now you can say I trashed their conference. Nick Saban just called and wanted to know if he could play Vandy 8 times. Then it would be like the Big ten and the ACC.

Hell why isnt IOWA #1? sh*t lets just stick anybody up there undefeated in a nothing conference.

who called the big ten a nothing conference this year? They have 2 legit teams. Michigan state and OHIO IMO. ALthough Ohio isnt playing anybody all season until the last 2 games of the season. The rest of their schedule was trash. Sorry but this is a joke http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/big-ten/2015-ohio-state-buckeyes-football-schedule.php

Now you can say I trashed their conference. Nick Saban just called and wanted to know if he could play Vandy 8 times. Then it would be like the Big ten and the ACC.
Uh? You did. I put the part I was responding to in bold for your convenience.

Also, the Big 10 went 2-2 against the SEC in bowl games last year and the two conferences you are bashing have won the last two national championships.

It was one thing hearing SEC fans constantly tell us how much better their conference was than everyone else when they were winning every year. It's a little different when you are still doing it when other conferences are winning though.

OHIO doesn't play in the Big Ten ... unless your name is Brady.

I did say before the season started that OSU would be an easy lock for the playoffs, because of their schedule. not that they aren't good, but they have by far the easiest road to the big games.

I did say before the season started that OSU would be an easy lock for the playoffs, because of their schedule. not that they aren't good, but they have by far the easiest road to the big games.
Until the end of the season when they play Michigan State then Michigan and potentially the Big Ten Championship game, then on to the Playoffs .... yup, thats a real easy schedule from here on out ....

At least theres no Carolina Southern on the schedule.

Until the end of the season when they play Michigan State then Michigan and potentially the Big Ten Championship game, then on to the Playoffs .... yup, thats a real easy schedule from here on out ....

The Michigan game has turned into something of a surprise, as has potentially the Big 10 champ game, but really, Mich State (until Michigan beat expectations) was really the only potential challenge on this schedule from day one. With nobody really knowing what the conf champ game would provide, but most of the p5 (excluding the stubborn Big 12) has a conf champ game to contend with as well.

At least theres no Carolina Southern on the schedule

Even with that cupcake on our schedule (did you mean Charleston Southern?) Bama has at this point played more ranked Big 10 team than OSU has. :D

Going into this weekend OSU has played 9 games and their opponents have a win loss record of 40-46. Adding this weekend opponent and it is 46-50.
Going into this weekend Bama has played 9 games and their opponents have a win loss record of 49-33. Adding this weekend opponent and it is 56-35. (should be 57-35, but LSU had a game cancelled to kick off the season)

The Michigan game has turned into something of a surprise, as has potentially the Big 10 champ game, but really, Mich State (until Michigan beat expectations) was really the only potential challenge on this schedule from day one. With nobody really knowing what the conf champ game would provide, but most of the p5 (excluding the stubborn Big 12) has a conf champ game to contend with as well.

Even with that cupcake on our schedule (did you mean Charleston Southern?) Bama has at this point played more ranked Big 10 team than OSU has. :D

Going into this weekend OSU has played 9 games and their opponents have a win loss record of 40-46. Adding this weekend opponent and it is 46-50.
Going into this weekend Bama has played 9 games and their opponents have a win loss record of 49-33. Adding this weekend opponent and it is 56-35. (should be 57-35, but LSU had a game cancelled to kick off the season)
However, if you push you record played out to the end of the season the Buckeyes look much better .... provided they win out.

Bama will still have the better record against but it much better.
I just saw this broke down yesterday somewhere.

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentra..._provide_ohio_state_b.html#incart_river_index

However, if you push you record played out to the end of the season the Buckeyes look much better .... provided they win out.

Bama will still have the better record against but it much better.
I just saw this broke down yesterday somewhere.
Yeah, it would be 60-53 for OSU and 69-40 for Bama. (as the opponents schedules stand right now)

Admittedly the OSU schedule is better with the resurgence of Michigan, it is certainly back loaded, or worked out to be. The first part was very easy though.

I will say though, Baylor probably had an easier front schedule than OSU now that I look at it. Until now, they have not played a single team with a winning record.

Yeah, it would be 60-53 for OSU and 69-40 for Bama.

Admittedly the OSU schedule is better with the resurgence of Michigan, it is certainly back loaded, or worked out to be. The first part was very easy though.

I will say though, Baylor probably had an easier front schedule than OSU now that I look at it. Until now, they have not played a single team with a winning record.
I saw that with Baylor too.

As for the Buckeyes schedule, those of us that follow the Buckeyes knew from day one that the Big games were at the end of the schedule ...

Also, don't forget, the Va Tech games were scheduled when Va Tech were very good .

Next year its on to Oklahoma for the next few years, before that it was Texas, ND ext.

Can't help it if the teams that are scheduled decide to be bad when we play them.

If the schools wanted to, we could schedule some of the SEC with home and homes but most SEC teams won't do that, they want their road game in Jerrys world or N. O., thats hardly a road game.

I would MUCH rather have a home and home, but the schools make so much with these big neutral sight games that it is hard to turn it down. Big 10 teams could refuse the game I suppose, but I do not see them doing that, as it is beneficial for them as well.

And bama did recently play a home and home with Penn State. I had season tickets that year and got to see Jo Pa before the scandal. Very few times have I ever heard of an opposing coach getting a standing ovation when he comes onto the field, but that is what happened. To many Bama fans, at that time he reminded us so much of the old school type coaches like the Bear, and he was treated with great respect. That and the history of the Bama/Penn State programs. It was an enjoyable experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)