2015 NCAA football discussion thread

I would MUCH rather have a home and home, but the schools make so much with these big neutral sight games that it is hard to turn it down. Big 10 teams could refuse the game I suppose, but I do not see them doing that, as it is beneficial for them as well.

And bama did recently play a home and home with Penn State. I had season tickets that year and got to see Jo Pa before the scandal. Very few times have I ever heard of an opposing coach getting a standing ovation when he comes onto the field, but that is what happened. To many Bama fans, at that time he reminded us so much of the old school type coaches like the Bear, and he was treated with great respect. That and the history of the Bama/Penn State programs. It was an enjoyable experience.
Yes, I'm aware of that, it was one of the few and far between that they (the sec that is) will accept to play. (home and homes)

Bama and Miss St should be a great game. Dak Prescott is a great QB. could be Bamas toughest game of the year if he lights it up.

wow what a costly game

Last edited:
What a weekend .... many big teams go down tonight and a few just got by.

Quite the shake up coming in the polls .... at least the poll outside of the top 4.

Powerhouse names will always get the benefit of the doubt even when they play weak ass schedules. A school like UCF or ECU could be undefeated with a stronger schedule and ND would STILL get a higher ranking due to name.
Same as the big name schools can be forgiven a loss to a 3-loss team and be placed over other no-loss teams.

What counts is their strength when they play them. Besides if Clemson joined the SEC west they would be a 3 loss team.
Someone said that about Ohio St. last year, before they spanked Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.
I'll have to see if someone said the same thing about Chokelahoma the year prior.

As for their "strength" when they played them. It's still the same 3-loss Ole Miss team.
You were the one down on Ohio St. last year about the VPI loss, even though the Hokies were ranked at the time, yet you kept up about every additional loss VPI had and how it made Ohio St. worse. Why not the same for Alabama's loss to Ole Miss?

What counts is their strength when they play them. Besides if Clemson joined the SEC west they would be a 3 loss team.
Is this the same West that went 2-5 in the bowls last year?
The same west that has Ole Miss & Miss St (the western version of Kentucky & Vandy, without the B-Ball or academics)?
The same west that has A&M who couldn't do good in the Big 12?
The same west that has Arkansas, that lost to Toledo and really has never done anything prior to that.
How bad is Aubarn this year?

Beyond Alabama & LSU, what does the West really have this year? And didn't LSU just lose to Arkansas?

The A&M since they joined the SEC is NOT the same A&M that played in the Big 12. The move really invigorated their fan base and their donors, and tremendously helped their recruiting. They have poured the money into the program, and results have been fairly decent in relation to where they were.

The A&M since they joined the SEC is NOT the same A&M that played in the Big 12. The move really invigorated their fan base and their donors, and tremendously helped their recruiting. They have poured the money into the program, and results have been fairly decent in relation to where they were.
How much of that was Manzell? He's gone, as are any big wins since.

They had a couple good years in the Big XII, but fell off the face of the earth quickly each time, seem to be repeating that here.

Reactions: osu1991
Powerhouse names will always get the benefit of the doubt even when they play weak ass schedules. A school like UCF or ECU could be undefeated with a stronger schedule and ND would STILL get a higher ranking due to name.

As I said before. The only team near the top of the rankings with a higher strength of schedule rating than Notre Dame is Alabama so I'm not sure where these statements are coming from.

As to Bamas loss to Ole Miss, I think anyone that has watched Bama play since then can see that that was an anomaly, rather than a true indicator of the team. Five turnovers, and a junk helmet pass for a TD, and the game was lost.

Since then, especially recently, Bama has eliminated those errors, and is playing probably better than any team in the nation. Homer pick, but I really can not think of a reason why they would not be in the top 4. Or who you would replace them with that would have a decent argument.

How much of that was Manzell? He's gone, as are any big wins since.

They had a couple good years in the Big XII, but fell off the face of the earth quickly each time, seem to be repeating that here.
A lot of it, but it was still a part of the recruiting brought on by the move.

I can see them becoming a real power with the right recruits. Everything else is pretty much in place. They have the schedule of teams that people want to see, top notch facilities, plenty of money. The pieces are in place, and they were not so much in their previous home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)