2015 NCAA football discussion thread

because they ran over ND in a nothing Bowl game? seriously? You actually thought ND had a chance? If they were the best team they should have beaten Michigan State when it meant something instead of blaming thier poor execution and loss on improper play calling. The best team in the Big ten got humiliated by Bama.
Nobody BLAMED anyone ... these are FACTS during the MSU game ... not hiding anything.

Ohio State and ND were very close as far as overall team strength, thus thier rankings going in.
Hell, ND should have beat Clemson, oh ya, they ARE #1 at the moment.

As for the Bowl game having No Meaning ?
If you chose to think that, have at it ... it was the best bowl to this point.
Just because it's not in the top 2 games, doesn't mean it has no value.

This is a GREAT reason to expand the playoffs to 8 when the best game to date is outside of the top 2.

Jimbo, why besides it being your team playing in it, do you think osu vs nd was the best bowl to that point? Matchup? There were others easily as compelling.

Score? It wasn't the closest by far. It was as much of a blowout as most.

Impact on the national football landscape?
Outside of the playoff games now, and the natty, really, they are all as relevant in that regard as any other.

So how did you come to that conclusion?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Down 3. Third and 1 from what, the 4? With 23 seconds left and you pass? Why not run for the first. If you don't get it then kick the fg.

Then that kickoff.

After the comeback they deserve to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbo, this meets the definition of a better bowl game. Not most of the other big ones. OSU and ND included

That game

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451794033.488646.jpg

We had to buy our tickets to "The Force Awakens" 90 minutes before the showtime, and we were still stuck in the first row, craning our necks to see it. Since we had time to kill, we visited a local sports bar and watched the beginning of the Alamo Bowl and the Ducks first TD.

After Star Wars, I got home and my son had the game on, I saw the 31-28 score with 4+ minutes left and said, "oh, looks like a good, close game." He then filled me in on the details. Unbelievable!

Jimbo, why besides it being your team playing in it, do you think osu vs nd was the best bowl to that point? Matchup? There were others easily as compelling.

Score? It wasn't the closest by far. It was as much of a blowout as most.

Impact on the national football landscape?
Outside of the playoff games now, and the natty, really, they are all as relevant in that regard as any other.

So how did you come to that conclusion?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
The match ups were suppose to be great ...

In reality had Bosa gotten a Personal Foul instead of being thrown out, this game would not have been as close as it was.
We kept hearing about how the ND O lineman was gonna give the Buckeyes fits ... don't remember the name, Rilley maybe ?
Anyways, I found the game to be very interesting once Bosa went out because that meant the Buckeyes were playing with out 3/4ths of thier starting D Line and I think they held up pretty well.

This game had about 10 future NFL players in it between the teams.

Jimbo, this meets the definition of a better bowl game. Not most of the other big ones. OSU and ND included

I'd say probably 75% of those not involved with these teams turned it off when it was 31-0 ... I know I did.

I went to meet up with a friend at the bar and we were shocked to see what was happening.

Not sure if this will play without a fb account. If not let me know and I'll try to find it elsewhere

Reactions: HIFI
I'd say probably 75% of those not involved with these teams turned it off when it was 31-0 ... I know I did.

I went to meet up with a friend at the bar and we were shocked to see what was happening.
I did as well. Flipped on the Roku and did some "channel surfing". Fiddled with my ota antenna, then just to check how bad it had gotten I turned it back on and it was 31-28. Lol

Alabama to Have More Practice Time Than Clemson for National Championship Game

According to Brett McMurphy and Ted Miller of ESPN.com, Clemson will have less practice time than Alabama for next week's CFP National Championship Game thanks to an NCAA rule tied to the school's academic calendar.
Same scheduling quirk affected Oregon last year to Ohio St.'s benefit. I wonder if the same person that complained so loudly about it last year will also do the same since it involves the team he pulls for? ;)

Well for me, like I said last year, I do not think it will make a difference wither way, and I would not complain if the teams were reversed.

That said, they should probably look into amending the rules to make the practice allotments equal between the participants in some way just so it would not become an excuse later on.

It is unfair. was last year and this year. But the schools know it going into this every season. They can change their class schedules in the future. The NCAA doesnt control that.

It is unfair. was last year and this year. But the schools know it going into this every season. They can change their class schedules in the future. The NCAA doesnt control that.
I think it's more than changing the classes ... I think it has to do with if your school is on Quarters or Semesters.

Will the last Buckeye leaving for the NFL, please turn out the lights ?

Buckeyes have lost 9 starters to the NFL this past week.

Next year is gonna be a LONG year.

Will the last Buckeye leaving for the NFL, please turn out the lights ?

Buckeyes have lost 9 starters to the NFL this past week.

Next year is gonna be a LONG year.
May be the best thing for the team. Never know. Some superstars leave more rookies come in are a lot more hungry. Seen it happen many times.