2015 NCAA football discussion thread

Didn't people say that the last two years? How did that turn out?
you do know I put the smiley face on there cause it was a joke right? Its the SEC championship that matters. Its the only legit championship in College football. The rest arent worth their weight in horse manure:D

I will keep it simple. Your best ACC team would never make the playoff if you inserted them in the SEC WEST in any year of the last decade.
Didn't you say the same thing about Ohio St. last year? And didn't they beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl?

Considering how the West kept losing OOC games this year, looks like some of them could win it. (not Tech, cause we suck this year)

btw, what was the West's bowl record last year? 2-5?

Reactions: Jimbo
Didn't you say the same thing about Ohio St. last year? And didn't they beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl?

Considering how the West kept losing OOC games this year, looks like some of them could win it. (not Tech, cause we suck this year)

You can save yourself a lot of headache and back and forth if you just ignore most of the stuff he says. He is making ridiculous statements (calling the Big 10 a nothing conference when they are still defending national champs....) just to get people fired up and it's working.

Just do what I have been doing for the last week or so and skim past his posts. It doesn't matter what evidence you show. Nothing you can say will convince him that any team from any conference deserves to be on the same field as the SEC.

Last year I will give you, and possibly the year before considering FSU won the championship over a west team, but he did say the past decade, and he may have a point. Consider that the past two seasons have been a drop off for the SEC and in both of those years a team from the West was still playing for the championship in the method that was used either year.

You can save yourself a lot of headache and back and forth if you just ignore most of the stuff he says. He is making ridiculous statements (calling the Big 10 a nothing conference when they are still defending national champs....) just to get people fired up and it's working.

Dats futball :D

well I would hope that you could beat SC, everyone else has. They are so bad the coach quit. But Im sure you will still crow after. Are any of the games against ole Miss/ Arkansas / Miss st or Bama? or just the weak SEC East?
Are you saying all those teams are strong ?
Hope not ... Bama's the only quality one on that list

Are you saying all those teams are strong ?
Hope not ... Bama's the only quality one on that list
While Bama is the SEC elite this season (Florida perhaps, we will see), there are several strong teams elsewhere in the conference. In the west, two teams besides bama could finish with 10 win seasons, one other with 9 and two with 8. The lowest could finish with 7. That is a pretty solid record for the west top to bottom, although far from the best it has been.

In the east you have only three teams that could conceivably finish with at least 9 wins, but two of those could have 10 or more. The bottom of the east is where the largest drop off is.

While Bama is the SEC elite this season (Florida perhaps, we will see), there are several strong teams elsewhere in the conference. In the west, two teams besides bama could finish with 10 win seasons, one other with 9 and two with 8. The lowest could finish with 7. That is a pretty solid record for the west top to bottom, although far from the best it has been.

In the east you have only three teams that could conceivably finish with at least 9 wins, but two of those could have 10 or more. The bottom of the east is where the largest drop off is.
I was replying to the post earlier that boasted the others as being Top teams .... Arkansas was in the quote .... made me laugh.

FWIW, THE. TOLEDO ROCKETS are Back in the top 25 !
That may be a first for them, being in as high as 18 I think this year, losing to their Arch Enemy Rival Northern Illinois and then making it aback in is pretty damn good.
Typically when they are in, if they lose, they never let them back in.

Reactions: Ronnie-

Just do what I have been doing for the last week or so and skim past his posts. It doesn't matter what evidence you show. Nothing you can say will convince him that any team from any conference deserves to be on the same field as the SEC.

You can classify all his posts that way. Ive been here since 2006 and he hasn't said one useful thing since. He is just a troll.

Reactions: Hart5150
What bothers fans around here is that Dabo Swinney commented on the fact "IF" Coach Saban ever left Alabama he has the attitude of "never say never" if that job ever was offered to him.As far as the Carolina Gamecocks Spurrier showed his true colors when he resigned midseason.With the playoffs Alabama is the only team we haven't beaten in quite a few years.Right now our big in state rivalry is the only thing Coach Swinney wants the team to concentrate on.With this game you can throw the records out cause this game is for bragging rights.At least during football season we can all hate each other for the right reason! :amen

Well once again it's Clemson and Bama at one and two. The two locks if they win out as I've been saying. Three and four are Oklahoma and Iowa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: overtimeman
Oklahoma at 3 surprises me, to be honest. Didn't think they'd surpass Iowa, but it looks as if the committee is totally for a 1 loss big 12 team (if it's Oklahoma). If Baylor wins and Oklahoma loses, I'm not sure they get in, even though their loss is to... Oklahoma.

Yeah I think a one loss ND would get in over any other one loss big 12 team

I agree, as much as I hate to admit it.

If MSU and Iowa both win this week, MSU beats Iowa in the Big Ten championship, ND gets screwed there too, which is hilarious to me, considering they lost to the #1 team in the country by 2. Everyone in just needs to win and they stay there.

Now, if Baylor absolutely destroys TCU like they should (provided Boykin is still out), then I could see some movement there, considering they still have Texas in December, but I don't know that it'll be enough.

Well once again it's Clemson and Bama at one and two. The two locks if they win out as I've been saying. Three and four are Oklahoma and Iowa.

3 and 4 will continue to fluctuate ... as long as 1 and 2 continue to win, I believe they are about as solid locks as they can be.

I agree, as much as I hate to admit it.

If MSU and Iowa both win this week, MSU beats Iowa in the Big Ten championship, ND gets screwed there too, which is hilarious to me, considering they lost to the #1 team in the country by 2. Everyone in just needs to win and they stay there.

Now, if Baylor absolutely destroys TCU like they should (provided Boykin is still out), then I could see some movement there, considering they still have Texas in December, but I don't know that it'll be enough.

That's probably true but Notre Dame really only has to move up 1 spot since Michigan State and Iowa can't both stay ahead of them. The fact that they still have a game against #9 Stanford means it's possible that they could jump Oklahoma again even if both teams win out.

Oklahoma plays #11 Oklahoma State though so I'm not sure that is a big enough difference in opponent level to work in Notre Dame's favor.

Like I have said in previous week's though, this will work itself out. I don't see all of the top 6 teams winning their games this weekend. Even if that does happen there are still the conference championship games.

That's probably true but Notre Dame really only has to move up 1 spot since Michigan State and Iowa can't both stay ahead of them. The fact that they still have a game against #9 Stanford means it's possible that they could jump Oklahoma again even if both teams win out.

Oklahoma plays #11 Oklahoma State though so I'm not sure that is a big enough difference in opponent level to work in Notre Dame's favor.

Like I have said in previous week's though, this will work itself out. I don't see all of the top 6 teams winning their games this weekend. Even if that does happen there are still the conference championship games.
Yup, lots of football to be played yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts