2015 NCAA football discussion thread

With Notre Dame also lacking a championship game, I don't feel they would jump Oklahoma, based solely on the fact of strength of schedule.

Now, the loss to Texas could come back to bite Oklahoma, but based on resume alone, I see Oklahoma getting in over Notre Dame, even with Texas as a common opponent.

MSU/Iowa will represent the Big Ten, Clemson and Alabama are in if they win, which should be all that difficult, unless the SEC Championship game is a surprise..

Definitely lots of football to be played. November to remember.

With Notre Dame also lacking a championship game, I don't feel they would jump Oklahoma, based solely on the fact of strength of schedule.

Now, the loss to Texas could come back to bite Oklahoma, but based on resume alone, I see Oklahoma getting in over Notre Dame, even with Texas as a common opponent.

MSU/Iowa will represent the Big Ten, Clemson and Alabama are in if they win, which should be all that difficult, unless the SEC Championship game is a surprise..

Provided they take care of thier own business.

MSU looks past Penn State to the Championship game and losses ... it's wide open in the Big Ten.
Winner of the Ohio State / Michigan game would then play in the BT Championship game.

Oklahoma at 3 is a joke
Of all the 1 loss teams, their loss is easily the worst

Not to mention they needed to stop a 2 point conversion to win a game against a team with a 3rd string quarterback.

Your AD is a complete moron.

When Spurrier was at Florida and he got accussed of running up the score he and the program were called classless and other things, now if you don't you get penalized by this committee of fools.

Don't get me wrong, Florida isn't the best team they did lose a game but they did smash the team that the beat the #2 team. Both of them had close games against Tennessee and both blew out Georgia. And now this week they're being jumped by 2 loss teams. What a joke.

What bothers fans around here is that Dabo Swinney commented on the fact "IF" Coach Saban ever left Alabama he has the attitude of "never say never" if that job ever was offered to him.As far as the Carolina Gamecocks Spurrier showed his true colors when he resigned midseason.With the playoffs Alabama is the only team we haven't beaten in quite a few years.Right now our big in state rivalry is the only thing Coach Swinney wants the team to concentrate on.With this game you can throw the records out cause this game is for bragging rights.At least during football season we can all hate each other for the right reason! :amen
you can try to pump up an impending victory over SC all you want, nobodys buying it. It will be blowout. They absolutely stink.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Notre Dame's current strength of schedule ranking at 29 is actually slightly higher than Oklahoma's at 32. Since Notre Dame's final opponent is ranked slightly higher than Oklahoma's that should move a little further in their favor.

The only team in the top 6 with a higher strength of schedule rating than Notre Dame is Alabama.

Provided they take care of thier own business.

MSU looks past Penn State to the Championship game and losses ... it's wide open in the Big Ten.
Winner of the Ohio State / Michigan game would then play in the BT Championship game.

Of course. This is all assuming MSU doesn't sleep on PSU.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Notre Dame's current strength of schedule ranking at 29 is actually slightly higher than Oklahoma's at 32. Since Notre Dame's final opponent is ranked slightly higher than Oklahoma's that should move a little further in their favor.

The only team in the top 6 with a higher strength of schedule rating than Notre Dame is Alabama.

SoS matters, but how many quality wins does Notre Dame have? 4? 5? 3 ranked opponents, but struggled to beat Boston College on a neutral field.

Oklahoma lost to Texas on a neutral field, while Notre Dame beat Texas.. but outside of that, not a whole lot of issues.

Notre Dame is the same way, losing to the current #1 team, beating Texas, but again, winning by 3 to a very, very bad Boston College team. It'll be close, of which I still think Oklahoma holds the edge.

Not to mention they needed to stop a 2 point conversion to win a game against a team with a 3rd string quarterback.

Your AD is a complete moron.

When Spurrier was at Florida and he got accussed of running up the score he and the program were called classless and other things, now if you don't you get penalized by this committee of fools.

Don't get me wrong, Florida isn't the best team they did lose a game but they did smash the team that the beat the #2 team. Both of them had close games against Tennessee and both blew out Georgia. And now this week they're being jumped by 2 loss teams. What a joke.

Needed to stop a 2 point conversion, sure. But they also were down to their second string, who.. as we all know, has had maybe two good games in his career, their top two running backs went out, albeit briefly, with leg injuries, and the defense played very shoddy defense the second half. Again, no excuses, but still a factor.

If they don't stop the 2 point conversion, then it's a different story, but TCU is still a really good team. It is still a victory over a top 20 opponent, regardless of the things that happened inside the game.

With Mayfield, I see it being a completely different outcome.

Oklahoma at 3 is a joke
Of all the 1 loss teams, their loss is easily the worst

Losses matter, and that was a very bad loss. However, everyone else they've played, they've beat by double digits, with the exception of TCU and Tennessee. That includes at Baylor.

Losses matter, but big wins also matter. and they've taken care of business for all but one week when they decided to sleep. I think the way they've won since then has changed the opinion of that loss.

Needed to stop a 2 point conversion, sure. But they also were down to their second string, who.. as we all know, has had maybe two good games in his career, their top two running backs went out, albeit briefly, with leg injuries, and the defense played very shoddy defense the second half. Again, no excuses, but still a factor.

If they don't stop the 2 point conversion, then it's a different story, but TCU is still a really good team. It is still a victory over a top 20 opponent, regardless of the things that happened inside the game.

With Mayfield, I see it being a completely different outcome.

And before the Clemson game Notre Dame lost their starting QB for the season and had to switch to someone who had never played a snap before this season. They also lost their starting running back and a starting safety who was a team captain. They still only lost to Clemson by 2.

I'm not saying that Oklahoma can't be justifiably get in ahead of Notre Dame if both win out. I'm just saying that a lot of justification can be made for Notre Dame as well.

They still have to prove it one more time against #9 Stanford for any of this to matter anyways though.

Reactions: harmlesslyfatal
Last year I will give you, and possibly the year before considering FSU won the championship over a west team, but he did say the past decade, and he may have a point. Consider that the past two seasons have been a drop off for the SEC and in both of those years a team from the West was still playing for the championship in the method that was used either year.

I did say the last decade for the ones that can read. ( I think that excludes wino and gadget) well lets see since 2005 -2013 BCS we have, TX, FL, LSU, FL, Bama, Auburn, Bama, Bama, FSU and then Ohio St for the CFP. thats 8 of 10 SEC national championships with one of the games being SEC vs SEC.

And before the Clemson game Notre Dame lost their starting QB for the season and had to switch to someone who had never played a snap before this season. They also lost their starting running back and a starting safety who was a team captain. They still only lost to Clemson by 2.

I'm not saying that Oklahoma can't be justifiably get in ahead of Notre Dame if both win out. I'm just saying that a lot of justification can be made for Notre Dame as well.

They still have to prove it one more time against #9 Stanford for any of this to matter anyways though.

Fair enough. Either way, a win is still better than a loss, and that is what they got against Boston College.

The common opponent theme could come into play, but one thing that I think is really working against Notre Dame is the lack of conference play.

A big thing working against Oklahoma is a lack of conference championship. Also the fact that Oklahoma State lost this weekend.

Of course. This is all assuming MSU doesn't sleep on PSU.

SoS matters, but how many quality wins does Notre Dame have? 4? 5? 3 ranked opponents, but struggled to beat Boston College on a neutral field.

Oklahoma lost to Texas on a neutral field, while Notre Dame beat Texas.. but outside of that, not a whole lot of issues.

Notre Dame is the same way, losing to the current #1 team, beating Texas, but again, winning by 3 to a very, very bad Boston College team. It'll be close, of which I still think Oklahoma holds the edge.
Thats where the "Taking care of Business" comes into play that you didn't quote.

IF Ohio State doesn't get in ... still a long shot.
I hope that ND gets in .... then I can root for the Local Central Catholic QB Kizer and have a team to root for.

Jimbo you never know. This weekend could put y'all right back in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, THE. TOLEDO ROCKETS are Back in the top 25 !
That may be a first for them, being in as high as 18 I think this year, losing to their Arch Enemy Rival Northern Illinois and then making it aback in is pretty damn good.
Typically when they are in, if they lose, they never let them back in.
And Toledo gets a HUGE helping hand when OHIO BEATS Northern Illinois tonight !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)