2016 Hopper3 Press Release

Huh? There's more than one person watching Polka!???

;)

I watched. Once. For a few minutes. I think if I'd grown up in that culture, I'd have been fun.

Reactions: TheKrell
That's RFD TV's most watched show. :) and remember I host a polka show every Sunday from 1 to 3 pm on WRYM. (It's also available online).

Bluegras the next time I have Molly B on my Radio show I will have her record something to say high to you and your stepdad. She's a cutie. :)
thanks scott i appreciate it very much hey i wanted to ask what is the best external hard drive to get i need to one to transfer all her shows and all my bluegrass shows

Does the 4K Joey require a Hopper 3, or will it work with a Hopper 2? I only have one 4K tv and would prefer to use a Joey at that location.

With kids, both of my Hoppers continually stay over 90% full.
Three kids at home here.... The two older ones hardly watch "normal" TV. The oldest does record the NCIS shows - there must be 40+ of those on the DVR - but when I scroll through the list, almost none have been watched (he doesn't normally delete them after watching either).

I probably missed this somewhere. Do we know how many Joeys the H3 will support? I think there was a limit of 3 originally on the Hopper and it might have gone to 4 later? Not sure. but I currently have a HWS, an H1 and 4 Joeys. I currently have 3 joeys on the HWS and 1 joey on the H1. If I switch to the H3 I will need the H3 and 5 Joeys. Worried that may be a problem.

Reactions: TheKrell
I seem to recall at the announcement that Vivek said 6 Joeys....

Thanks! Too many different threads to keep up with! This thing is going to be amazing. I haven't been this excited about a new Dish receiver since the first MPEG 4 DVR (I think that was the 622?)

Huh? There's more than one person watching Polka!???

;)

I watched. Once. For a few minutes. I think if I'd grown up in that culture, I'd have been fun.

My Mother's Dish service includes only a non-DVR receiver and she watches Mollie B -- and Polka Joe -- every week. Naturally, she has me set my Hopper w/Sling to record each program and tells me which ones she wants to have. So I then transfer her favorite episodes over to VHS or DVD.

I do the same thing for myself on RFD-TV with "Trains and Locomotives" and "I Love Toy Trains." I sure am grateful for the 2 TB hard drive! LOL

I seem to recall at the announcement that Vivek said 6 Joeys....

Now wait a minute here. With only 6 Joeys, there is no way possible to watch 16 tuners at one time unless... The 4K Joey can do sports bar mode?

No the 4K Joey will only do two channel PIP.

OK, maybe I misread one of these H3 threads, but I thought I read that all 16 tuners could be viewed at once. I am guessing the only way to do that is if (1) the H3 is in sports mode taking up 6 tuners, and you have 5 4K Joeys all in PIP mode taking up the other 10.

There are no 1080P broadcasts, not sure what you are referring to. Also have no idea what you mean by problems with live events? How is a live event different from a recorded one? You see a difference between a live show and a recorded one where the live show does not look as good?
There are PPV Movies available in 1080P, check the 501 channels.