Flat
No 3D

medium06.jpg

medium03.jpg

• 10 bit panels
  • 99% DCIP3 "Color Prime Pro"
  • Support HDR10 and DV "HDR Pro"
  • Meet UHD Premium specs

I'd bet the B6 is the 2015 late year panel with upgraded electronics. Price should be very interesting!!! Seems they hit the UHD Premium spec for the best black level and brightness level of 540 nits or better (brighter than 540 nits and blacks less than 0.0005 nits).

I decided I am going to continue to buy UHD discs as they are released, but Im punting on the player for now. Going to see what the B6 65" pricing is when it hits so no more gear purchases until then as that $$$ is being put back. Seeing as the late year 65" flat was going for $4200 at times, Id bet the B is $4 or less.

"Price should be interesting?"

Interesting, shocking, astonishing, ....

They are already talking the top of the line 65" will be $6,999. Sure would be nice to see the "B" around $4599 or $3999.

Trend of the past is you always had to spend more for better blacks (LCD and Plasma). OLED starts off with that so it will be interesting to see how they are broken out from each other with 3 flat models.

You do realize LG and Samsung are two different companies. LG is dialing back their number of curves, Samsung can do whatever they want. Like stupidly only offering their flagship LCD in a curve.

You do realize LG and Samsung are two different companies. LG is dialing back their number of curves, Samsung can do whatever they want. Like stupidly only offering their flagship LCD in a curve.
I agree with the stupidly sentiment. I'm not even considering their offerings because of their curved obsession.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
I could get when LG offered a 65" OLED curved and one flat, but Samsung only offering it's best two displays in 2015 as curved...

They are already talking the top of the line 65" will be $6,999. Sure would be nice to see the "B" around $4599 or $3999.

Trend of the past is you always had to spend more for better blacks (LCD and Plasma). OLED starts off with that so it will be interesting to see how they are broken out from each other with 3 flat models.

Low model does not support 3D, High end model has larger screen option (77") and is thinner than the middle one (which is thinner than the low model).

It'll be interesting to see the reviews. I'm almost certainly getting a new tv this year. It'll likely be a choice between the high end LGs and the comparable Sonys.

Low model does not support 3D, High end model has larger screen option (77") and is thinner than the middle one (which is thinner than the low model).

I get what you are saying now, I was reading that on my phone.

IMO, not having 3D and one other screen size is not a large enough differentiation between the lines. There has to be more to it. They claimed the flagship will have hand picked panels, but I won't hold my breath. I get those nice sound bars, just wondering if the only real difference PQ wise and menu/feature set wise between them will be the sound bar and 3D.

As long as the B6 has decent calibration controls, Im highly interested. Do not care about 3D, and supposedly all of them will have the same basic PQ and the premium UHD spec is met.

I'll be looking at the B series. I hope motion is a non issue with these.
Is Dolby HDR supported on all series?

Do not care about 3D, and supposedly all of them will have the same basic PQ and the premium UHD spec is met.

One nice thing about LG OLED 3D is that it is passive. With a 4K panel you get the full 1080p 3D. Now I suppose one day they will come out with a 4k 3D spec...

I'll be looking at the B series. I hope motion is a non issue with these.
Is Dolby HDR supported on all series?

AFAIK they are all the same in those specs.

One nice thing about LG OLED 3D is that it is passive. With a 4K panel you get the full 1080p 3D. Now I suppose one day they will come out with a 4k 3D spec...

I have heard 3D on the OLED's is pretty dang good. It wouldn't be enough to justify me going higher than a B to the next flat model if the difference is large. If not I might consider it.

According to Robert at VE it's looking like "June" for the B6 and C6.

He is supposed to have a Signature Series G6 demo in his shop on like 2/1.

LG To Begin Limited Pre-Launch Of G6 `Signature’ OLED TV

http://hdguru.com/lg-begins-limited-roll-out-of-g6-signature-oled-tv/

According to sources familiar with the pre-launch promotional plan, LG has selected nine prominent regional and/or national specialty electronics dealers to receive a limited allotment of 15 models to be used for in-store demonstrations and to take advance pre-orders. The selected accounts are all equipped, staffed and trained to sell and install the sophisticated electronics used in the advanced OLED display, sources said.

Among those accounts with access to the set are: Best Buy Magnolia, which will have access to six pieces at launch – 1 each for six stores; PC Richard & Son, which will have access to two pieces – one each for two stores; ABT, which will have one piece for its Chicago store; Nebraska Furniture Mart, which will have one piece; Brands Mart in Southern Florida, which will have one piece, Bjorns in Dallas, which will have one piece; Video & Audio Center in Los Angeles, which will have one piece; Value Electronics in Scarsdale, N.Y., which will have one piece; and Fry’s Electronics, which will have two pieces – one for each of two stores at unknown locations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)