18. Utah State 7-1
19. Iowa 6-2
20. Fresno State 7-1
21. Mississippi State 5-3
22. Syracuse 6-2
23. Virginia 6-2
24. Boston College 6-2
25. Texas A&M 5-3

Dropped from rankings: Washington 15, Oregon 19, Wisconsin 20, South Florida 21, NC State 22, Stanford 24, Appalachian State 25

Others receiving votes: Washington 120, Northwestern 86, Georgia Southern 62, Michigan State 51, Cincinnati 45, Iowa State 42, South Florida 29, Stanford 26, Oklahoma State 24, UAB 17, Oregon 13, Wisconsin 12, Auburn 7, San Diego State 6, Army 6, NC State 5, California 2, Buffalo 1

Coaches Poll:
1. Alabama (62) 8-0
2. Clemson (2) 8-0
3. Notre Dame 8-0
4. LSU 7-1
5. Michigan 7-1
5. Georgia 7-1
7. Oklahoma 7-1
8. Ohio State 7-1
9. UCF 7-0
10. West Virginia 6-1
11. Washington State 7-1
12. Kentucky 7-1
13. Penn State 6-2
14. Florida 6-2
15. Texas 6-2
16. Utah 6-2
17. Houston 7-1
18. Iowa 6-2
19. Washington 6-3
20. Utah State 7-1
21. Mississippi State 5-3
22. Virginia 6-2
23. Fresno State 7-1
24. Syracuse 6-2
25. Boston College 6-2

Dropped from rankings: Texas A&M 17, Wisconsin 19, South Florida 20, Oregon 21, NC State 22, Stanford 23, Miami 25

Others receiving votes: Texas A&M 167, Cincinnati 116, South Florida 87, Michigan State 48, Wisconsin 41, Northwestern 40, NC State 40, Miami 38, Georgia Southern 32, Oklahoma State 31, UAB 24, Auburn 21, Stanford 21, Oregon 20, San Diego State 16, Buffalo 14, Army 13, South Carolina 11, Florida Intl 6, Iowa State 6, Virginia Tech 5, Pittsburgh 3, Duke 3, Boise State 2
I'm really surprised the Buckeyes moved Up 3 spots without playing ...
As I mentioned, we'll know more Tuesday when the poll that counts comes out ... I would be thrilled if they are #8 or better .... That doesn't mean if they get their D* and O line working correctly that I don't think they can move up ... but as they are right now, they have No chance ...

Words escape me.
I hear you. Kentucky's defense is really good. They held Missouri who has averaged 38.6 points per game to just 14 points. 14 POINTS!!!!!
They move up to just #11???? WOW! I really hope they beat Georgia to prove my point.

I hear you. Kentucky's defense is really good. They held Missouri who has averaged 38.6 points per game to just 14 points. 14 POINTS!!!!!
They move up to just #11???? WOW! I really hope they beat Georgia to prove my point.
I hope the beat Bama !

Then again, Bama would still stay in the top 4 so it really doesn't matter.

Kentucky would definitely win it in the 4th quarter ....
It looked odd when it happened, but the 4th quarter started and Bama didn't have a QB on the field ... Tua had already gone home .... having never played in the 4th quarter he thought it was over. :oldlaugh

Tuesday evening the Real polls come out ...
At least the ones that really count.

We have seen polls come out that look alot like the AP some years, other years the Committees poll is much different.
And like the lemmings they are, the AP and Coaches polls will quickly align there polls to the Committees polls, showing them for the farce they really are.

Reactions: osu1991
UGA has a lot more talent than the Cats and much better depth at most positions. Kentucky has experience but the QB play has been pretty bad since the second half of the South Carolina game. I do think KY can run on UGA but, to win, the QB, either Wilson or Hoak, need to pass for at least 250 yards, a TD, and NO TURNOVERS. If that doesn't happen, I don't Kentucky has much of a chance to beat the Dawgs. Defensively, the Cats must be able to pressure the QB and hold Holyfield to under 75 yards.

BUT, I can't see any team from the SEC East that can beat Bama.

But, it is awfully nice to hear the conversation about the football Cats with basketball season and Duke about a week away. Quite unusual.

Reactions: Ramy and Jimbo
College Football Playoff Rankings 10/30/18

1. Alabama 8-0
2. Clemson 8-0
3. LSU 7-1
4. Notre Dame 8-0

5. Michigan 7-1
6. Georgia 7-1
7. Oklahoma 7-1
8. Washington State 7-1
9. Kentucky 7-1
10. Ohio State 7-1
11. Florida 6-2
12. UCF 7-0
13. West Virginia 6-1
14. Penn State 6-2
15. Utah 6-2
16. Iowa 6-2
17. Texas 6-2
18. Mississippi State 5-3
19. Syracuse 6-2
20. Texas A&M 5-3
21. NC State 5-2
22. Boston College 6-2
23. Fresno State 7-1
24. Iowa State 4-2
25. Virginia 6-2

Who would have ever thought that Kentucky would be ranked in any football poll above Ohio State? Not me.
Feels good. Georgia is beatable for sure. Alabama? Who knows. I will watch them play LSU and see how they do.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Who would have ever thought that Kentucky would be ranked in any football poll above Ohio State? Not me.
Feels good. Georgia is beatable for sure. Alabama? Who knows. I will watch them play LSU and see how they do.

Very sweet. BUT, KY CAN beat UGA. They just have to play turnover free football with the offense they demonstrated against Florida.

IMO, unless the Cats get blown out, they shouldn't fall very far if they lose to UGA.

Very sweet. BUT, KY CAN beat UGA. They just have to play turnover free football with the offense they demonstrated against Florida.
One way is to employ an offense that uses no substitution. Kirby Smart has always had a problem with those as he loves to substitute on defense. That's how LSU was able to beat them, as well as Oklahoma and a few other teams when he was the DC at Alabama.

Take a picture and frame it .... it may Never happen again ....

Difference being, the Buckeyes lost a game and are still very close, in the top 10 ...
Kentucky loses and they drop quite a bit I would think ... (depending on who it is and how bad.)

Is the Cotton Bowl .. Jerrys world (ATT stadium)?

Or is the Cotton bowl actually a different stadium in the same area ?

Different Venues.

The Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas is on the grounds of the Texas State Fair and hosts the annual Red River Shootout between OU and Texas and lately the Heart of Dallas Bowl

The Cotton Bowl game is now held at Cowboys ATT Stadium in Arlington.

Reactions: Jimbo and mdonnelly
Take a picture and frame it .... it may Never happen again ....

Difference being, the Buckeyes lost a game and are still very close, in the top 10 ...
Kentucky loses and they drop quite a bit I would think ... (depending on who it is and how bad.)
But they both have one loss and Kentucky is ranked higher. So not sure what you mean here.

Another loss by either would drop them both significantly.

Get ready for a cold, rainy BCS Championship game. I spend one winter in Sunnyvale, and it was brutal.
Disclaimer: I came there from San Diego.
I lived in Pleasanton and commuted to Santa Clara for 3 years. We got all of 2 months of rain, and it was in Jan & Feb.

If the season plays out by way of the favorites, it looks like the Sugar Bowl will be choosing from several two loss SEC teams; possibly LSU, Georgia, Kentucky, and Florida. Each have beaten one of the other. Will be interesting.

If the season plays out by way of the favorites, it looks like the Sugar Bowl will be choosing from several two loss SEC teams; possibly LSU, Georgia, Kentucky, and Florida. Each have beaten one of the other. Will be interesting.
I would think they would pick Kentucky, as the Wildcats have never been to the Sugar Bowl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)