2018-19 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You think ?
Vs an Arrogant ... self promoting team that thinks they are great and all that.

I hope who ever they play, takes them seriously and kicks thier A$$ .
Don't be too high & mighty, people do the same against Big 10 teams as well. Especially after FCS team Appalachian St. took down Michigan. :D

btw, what's Ohio St's record against the SEC? 1*-10 isn't it?
*would be 2, except win against Arkansas was forfeited due to allowing players to be paid with tattoos.

Sometimes you don't have to think your great, sometimes you are. ;)

UCF is not scared to play against the SEC, and tries to on a regular basis. They've even taken down Aubarn, Georgia, and Alabama in the past. They have more wins against the SEC than Ohio State does. :D

mcubed.net : NCAAF Football : Team vs. Conference records : Central Florida vs. SEC
With a 3-17 record against the SEC, their record, scared to or not, is pretty bad, but not surprising. But kudos to them for beating a 3-8 Alabama team and a 6-6 Georgia :D

The Auburn win last year was a good win, but that was hardly surprising either. I would have to look back, and I may not have done it here, but I called that one when the matchup was announced.

Right now they are a really good team, but they would likely be middle of the pack at best in the SEC this season.

For the west maybe, in the dumpster fire called the east, they'd probably be 2nd.
I would say they would lose to Georgia, Florida, and Missouri (based on outcome with a common opponent) easily, and a toss up with Kentucky and even USC. Likely losing to kentucky, likely beating SC.

In the west, the only two teams I think they would finish ahead of is Ole Miss and Arkansas.

Dont get me wrong, they have talented players and can get up for a big game and compete with most. I just dont think they have the depth or the physicality to do it on a schedule of bigger games all season long. They are a product of above average talent and a light schedule IMO.

Don't be too high & mighty, people do the same against Big 10 teams as well. Especially after FCS team Appalachian St. took down Michigan. :D

btw, what's Ohio St's record against the SEC? 1*-10 isn't it?
*would be 2, except win against Arkansas was forfeited due to allowing players to be paid with tattoos.

Sometimes you don't have to think your great, sometimes you are. ;)
Theres nothing GREAT about the sec ... for those arrogant sec fans ...
The sec is Alabama and maybe 2 other very good teams, that rotate being good from year to year.

The rest of them follow on the coat tails of those few very good teams.

Btw, what was the great sec bowl record last year ?
Thats right 4-5 ... thats awesome.

Theres nothing GREAT about the sec ... for those arrogant sec fans ...
The sec is Alabama and maybe 2 other very good teams, that rotate being good from year to year.

The rest of them follow on the coat tails of those few very good teams.

Btw, what was the great sec bowl record last year ?
Thats right 4-5 ... thats awesome.
8 of the top 25 in the final poll that counts shows that there is more to the conference than JUST Alabama and 2 good teams. Two of the top five are Sec, both ranked above the big ten champ.

I can’t remember the bowl record last year, but that seems about right, and is significant because that record is definitely not the norm.

8 of the top 25 in the final poll that counts shows that there is more to the conference than JUST Alabama and 2 good teams. Two of the top five are Sec, both ranked above the big ten champ.

I can’t remember the bowl record last year, but that seems about right, and is significant because that record is definitely not the norm.
You got 8 teams in the top 25 because of the sec love fest ... 2 or 3 are actually good this year ...
LSU with 3 losses should have been no where near the top 10, yet were there and higher all year.
Bama and Georgia are carrying the sec ...

So Ryan Day gets the Buckeye HC job. How do the tOSU fans feel about that Jimbo?

Urban Meyer retiring: Ryan Day is the outsider Ohio State football needs as its new coach
How do I feel about Ryan Day getting the job ?
I'm fine with that as long as he can get the recruits ... keep in mind that Urban is still going to live in Columbus and may still have a role of some sort.

The only other coach I would have wanted would have been Matt Campbell ...

As far as coaching the Buckeyes, Day will do very well, they currently have a lot of Former coaches on staff, how many stick around is yet to be seen ... I don't expect to see any changes till after the 1st of the year once the Rose Bowl is over .

Urban is very happy to have a game in the Rose Bowl so it should be a lot of fun.

Reactions: mccoyrj
You got 8 teams in the top 25 because of the sec love fest ... 2 or 3 are actually good this year ...
Which ones should not be ranked in the top 25 in your opinion? And why? Who do you feel is left out that is more deserving?

LSU with 3 losses should have been no where near the top 10, yet were there and higher all year.
Shouldnt be near the top 10 based on three losses? Two other three loss teams are ranked above them, although one of them did beat LSU, so that is understandable. The other, Washington, IMO is the three loss team that should not be in the top 10. They get the benefit of winning a weak Pac 12, but they lost to Auburn, which is a team that LSU beat.

As to everyone else in the top 25, at this point in the season, having 3 losses is not a bad thing. Most have that many. In fact, the only team with fewer losses ranked below LSU is Fresno State. Surely you dont think they should be above the 3 loss teams that are in or around the top 10?

Edit: I missed Wasahington State down there with 2 losses as well. I dont see anything that justifies them higher though. Playing in a weak (this season) conference, no big wins really to speak of aside from beating #17 utah, a loss to a 5-7 USC and a loss to their only other ranked opponent in Washington.

Bama and Georgia are carrying the sec ...
No argument those are the best two teams in the SEC again, and likely for some time. However the SEC is as stronger top to bottom than they have been in a while, and easily the most balanced and toughest conference out of the P5.

Reactions: mccoyrj and stmcld

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts