2020 Dish Price Increase. ?

Even if the normal rate increased immediately when a new channel gets added (it doesn't increase immediately, though) the price lock would protect you from the price increase. That is the point of the price lock. However, in this particular case with channels being removed, the RSN's are not just any ordinary channel, but rather among the most expensive channels in the package. So, hypothetically, lets say that the normal package price decreases by $5 per month due to the lack of RSN's. The price lock seems to be a $20 discount off the price of the package at the time you signed up for it. If the regular package price had decreased immediately at the time of the RSN's removal, that may be okay. However, that decision to decrease the price seems to have been delayed. In the meantime, you have people signing up for a price lock expecting a $20 discount, when the regular price is about to automatically include a $5 discount. So, people who sign up for the price lock before the regular price changes are, in effect, only getting an additional $15 discount, while people who wait for the new lower regular rate to go into effect before signing up for the price lock get the full $20 discount for the exact same programming package.

I would be surprised if Dish drops the price. They are already less that A&T and many cable companies. Plus Dish as well as others have lost some subscribers to streaming.

I would be surprised if Dish drops the price. They are already less that A&T and many cable companies. Plus Dish as well as others have lost some subscribers to streaming.
This is why Dish and all of the cable companies need to find as many ways to lower their prices as possible, in order to compete with streaming.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I have to agree that I would be very surprised if they dropped prices..I could see maybe some different packages with better selection of add-on's to compete with streaming.I would also think there will be another receiver fee hike soon.. Pushing the H3 strong enough to ensure everyone has one that everyone will have no choice but to pay.

Reactions: pattykay
Of course, because 99.8% of the time there is. There's nothing out there that says there will be a price increase. We all can speculate.

I am telling you that there's no way they will release any price plan for 2020 without consideration for what they will do with the RSNs. This will settle out within the next month or so, maybe a bit longer, or DISH will move on.

By what the CSR said, it looks like there will be a price increase this coming year, she had no idea how much though.

Here in Illinois, I believe we have a law that we have to be notified of any price increase 30 days in advance. I usually get an email from Dish called "Notification of Price Increase" or "Notification in pricing change" one month before. I have not received that email yet.

If there was no price increase I would expect them to be shouting it from the rooftops. :)

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

When I called to get the contract with the discount, the CSR said it was likely Dish would have an increase. I ask her if we could expect any new channels? She did not know. Used to be when Dish had an increase we got a lot of new channels. The pickings are small yet the increases continue because the programmers up their prices. Add to that the subscriber base is not what it once was.

When I called to get the contract with the discount, the CSR said it was likely Dish would have an increase. I ask her if we could expect any new channels? She did not know. Used to be when Dish had an increase we got a lot of new channels. The pickings are small yet the increases continue because the programmers up their prices. Add to that the subscriber base is not what it once was.
Not to mention that their employees would like a pay raise...

I'm considering can selling Dish, my agreement is up next month, I'm finding fewer program's to watch on Dish and more on my Roku, especially now I've been sucked in by the family to get Disney+ and took advantage of the Black Friday Hulu special, along with my AZ prime and NFX, with Pluto and Locast it's almost enough to drop Dish. The only draw back is the convenience and awesomeness of the Hopper3.
I'm certainly going to be dropping a lot of channels that's certain.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Welcome Pack gained MotorTrend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)