2022-2023 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the loser of the game won't have many marque wins, something that Tennessee has two of (Alabama & LSU).
Ohio State or Tennessee ?
I would be shocked if the Buckeyes win out and don't make it in against a 1 loss Tennessee.
If the Buckeyes lose to TTUN then, its a toss up, gonna depend on what others do in thier CC games.
Actually, I doubt 2 BT teams would get in, so the Buckeyes would probably be out, with TTUN in ...
Which could happen ...
The Buckeyes and TTUN will come down to what it always does, who's O and D lines play best.

Tennessee has more ranked wins because they continue to rank middle of the pack sec teams ....
THIS Year, the sec has more good teams than most years. Usually theres 1 or 2 really good teams and a few others that may or may not be any good. Usually they rotate being good. LSU, Auburn, Florida, ya never know from year to year.
Now that Georgia has played better than avg the last few years, it make the sec look better as mostly its Bama and Georgia, this years better.

It's not the city, it's the following. Tuscaloosa isn't a big market (or even medium sized market), but they drive ratings. Same thing with Tennessee.
Really, Tennessee drives ratings ?
This is the same team that couldn't even hire a coach a few years back ...
Tennessee does not drive ratings ... they may have rating this year, because they are the new team on the block ... lets see how they do the next few years before we consider them as a Top team ... do it more than once please.

I'm constantly complaining about how College Football works. What part of "cartel" implies I'm happy with the system?

And cut off the revenue stream from playing games and TV contracts?!

I'm curious how you've been paying attention to college football for this long and don't get that this is how it works? Why do you think Notre Dame gets a pass so often?
ND should Not get that benefit either.

Ohio State or Tennessee ?
I would be shocked if the Buckeyes win out and don't make it in against a 1 loss Tennessee.
If the Buckeyes lose to TTUN then, its a toss up, gonna depend on what others do in thier CC games.
Actually, I doubt 2 BT teams would get in, so the Buckeyes would probably be out, with TTUN in ...
Which could happen ...
The Buckeyes and TTUN will come down to what it always does, who's O and D lines play best.
I'm referring to the loser of the Ohio State/Michigan game, as that team will only have the one game against Penn State as a "quality" win, whereas Tennessee has the win over Alabama and crushing of LSU. That is why Tennessee will jump over the loser of that game. The winner will probably be #2.
Tennessee has more ranked wins because they continue to rank middle of the pack sec teams ....
Alabama is a middle of the pack sec team? LSU who just won the West by beating Alabama is a middle of the pack sec team?

Really, Tennessee drives ratings ?
This is the same team that couldn't even hire a coach a few years back ...
Tennessee does not drive ratings ... they may have rating this year, because they are the new team on the block ... lets see how they do the next few years before we consider them as a Top team ... do it more than once please.
Look, I cant stand Tennessee, but before this horrible run they were on prior to this year, they are traditionally one of the top teams in the sport. Even after the dumpster fire they have endured, they are in the top 10 in all time wins. 16 conference titles, 6 national championships claimed, many others awarded and not claimed. This is hardly the first time they have done it, its just been several years. Their history alone gives them a large following with a rabid fan base.

They are right at the outside cusp of what many football fans consider bluebloods (historically).

That said, they suck.

Reactions: Derwin0
Look, I cant stand Tennessee, but before this horrible run they were on prior to this year, they are traditionally one of the top teams in the sport. Even after the dumpster fire they have endured, they are in the top 10 in all time wins. 16 conference titles, 6 national championships claimed, many others awarded and not claimed. This is hardly the first time they have done it, its just been several years. Their history alone gives them a large following with a rabid fan base.

They are right at the outside cusp of what many football fans consider bluebloods (historically).

That said, they suck.
They did lose to Purdue in a bowl game, so that does seem to imply they suck... a lot! Purdue?! That'd be like Michigan losing to Vanderbilt!

I'm referring to the loser of the Ohio State/Michigan game, as that team will only have the one game against Penn State as a "quality" win, whereas Tennessee has the win over Alabama and crushing of LSU. That is why Tennessee will jump over the loser of that game. The winner will probably be #2.

Alabama is a middle of the pack sec team? LSU who just won the West by beating Alabama is a middle of the pack sec team?
This year LSU is not a middle of the pack, but most years they are not one of the top 2 teams in the sec ... they rotate being good and just so so, yearly, like I mentioned earlier.

This year Bama's not even a top sec team.

That said, they suck.
OMG, here we go again ....
I don't care about 45 years ago ... what have they done in the last 10 years, maybe 15.
Lets be more relavent, last 5 gives you an accurate of what they are at the moment.

Where have they finished in the Top 10 the last 10 years or so, are they a Top 10 team most years ????

Have they been in the top 4 (playoffs ) since they started (2014) ?

Tennessee since 2014 in the Playoff time frame.

2022 - probably 3-5
2021 - NR
2020 - NR
2019 - NR
2018 - NR
2017 - NR
2016 - #21
2015 - #23
2014 - NR

As you can see they are hardly a regular at being good.

OMG, here we go again ....
I don't care about 45 years ago ... what have they done in the last 10 years, maybe 15.
Lets be more relavent, last 5 gives you an accurate of what they are at the moment.

Where have they finished in the Top 10 the last 10 years or so, are they a Top 10 team most years ????

Have they been in the top 4 (playoffs ) since they started (2014) ?
You asked why they drive ratings, and I tried to explain it to you. I am sorry if you took it any other way or don’t realize how these schools build a fan base that continues to follow their team through the good or bad years.

You seem to be asking one question then arguing another. Maybe I just don’t understand what you mean

Reactions: Derwin0 and osu1991
Tennessee since 2014 in the Playoff time frame.

2022 - probably 3-5
2021 - NR
2020 - NR
2019 - NR
2018 - NR
2017 - NR
2016 - #21
2015 - #23
2014 - NR

As you can see they are hardly a regular at being good.
I’m fairly certain that most of the people that watch or support them were born before 2014.

• Haha
Reactions: Derwin0
I’m fairly certain that most of the people that watch or support them were born before 2014.
Just showing you how relevant they have been in the last 9 years ...
They don't carry ratings when they are no where to be found year in and year out.

Like I mentioned before, they are the New Guy at the moment, so yes they have people looking in to see what they are doing .... now if they want to be relevant, they need to continue doing it.

Personally, I don't see that happening .

I think I heard today that 18 of the 22 Starters this year will be gone next year, so that makes them a very veteran Sr. driven team, they have been together a long time, so they should be pretty good at this point.

When Tennessee played Alabama, that stadium looked like a crush hazard! So, definitely seems like "a thing" in Tennessee.

B82EC6F4-4629-4D92-9349-DCFFFE7B946A.jpeg

Disclaimer I have not looked the information up myself, but this is definitely something the committee will look at when deciding if more than one from a conference and if a non conference winner gets in.

That is really not too relevant. Play a bunch of puffballs with good records doesn’t imply strength of schedule.

Reactions: SamCdbs
The winner over the weekend? USC.

Man Tennessee went out big. And the others that won... not that impressive. Maybe just give all the teams participation ribbons at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.