2022-2023 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I? I want OSU to win the national championship, well after Boise State, that'd be cool, though TCU has some allure to it.

I'm just not a blind partisan of the sport. I recognize the utter foolishness that is the ranking system of college football.

OSU last few weeks have been underwhelming. Michigan more so.

Yeah, but they only beat PSU by 13. That isn't a heralding achievement.
Penn State is the 3rd team in the Big Ten and ALWAYS a tough out for the Buckeyes, Always ...

Some teams always match up better than others with you.

I didn't know that I have said much about the Rankings other than when asked.

I don't run the rankings ...

I will rarely boost TTUN up, but TTUN has won thier last 5 games by at least 20 points as well, hardly struggling.

You know as well as I do that Every Week teams make the Buckeyes thier circled game of the year.

Penn State they beat by 13 points and it wasn't really that close.
Did we watch the same game? Barring the six minute span at the end where I believe PSU went to the locker rooms before the game was over, that was a very good game that could have gone either way.

I was watching the span between 9 minutes and like 3 left thinking, I have never seen a team just quit playing like that. Right before that though, I felt like PSU was gonna pull off the upset.

I really good game all around.

Reactions: Derwin0
Penn State is the 3rd team in the Big Ten and ALWAYS a tough out for the Buckeyes, Always ...

Some teams always match up better than others with you.
I'm still not impressed.
I didn't know that I have said much about the Rankings other than when asked.

I don't run the rankings ...

I will rarely boost TTUN up, but TTUN has won thier last 5 games by at least 20 points as well, hardly struggling.

You know as well as I do that Every Week teams make the Buckeyes thier circled game of the year.
Yes, but none of that justifies overinflating their resume so far this year. Alabama, Georgia get the same treatment.

At this point, Georgia is the only team up top 4 that has justified a ranking. TCU could be argued as well.

I'm still not impressed.

Yes, but none of that justifies overinflating their resume so far this year. Alabama, Georgia get the same treatment.

At this point, Georgia is the only team up top 4 that has justified a ranking. TCU could be argued as well.
How does Georgia justify its "ranking" ?
You downgrade OSU because they played in a Tornado and Won by 11 against a tough opponent for them.
Yet, you let Georgia slide with K State and Missouri ????

How does Georgia justify its "ranking" ?
They beat Tennessee and trashed Oregon. Today those two teams are top 10. No one else can say that.
You downgrade OSU because they played in a Tornado and Won by 11 against a tough opponent for them.
Yes. Among other, not terribly impressive outcomes.
Yet, you let Georgia slide with K State and Missouri ????
Georgia has beaten two current top ten sides. Until OSU plays anyone that is ranked in the top 10 (ANYONE!) Georgia gets the credit for defeating a pair of teams in the top 10.

OSU hasn't proven anything in their schedule to this point. They could be the #1 team in the country, but they haven't provided a narrative in their schedule at this point to prove they are the team to beat.

Reactions: AZ.
Ohio State fought Hard to get in the conversation with Alabama and Clemson ...
Georgia was NOWHERE to be found until the last year or two, yet they just automatically get the pass to the top of the land ????

Is that because they beat Bama last year ?

IF thats the case, sign me up, we'll play them Every year.

It took the Buckeyes about 5 years to get where they are now, as in being considered one of the Top teams year in and year out ... after all, isn't that what EVERY one strives for, to be Damn Good every year, unlike the rotating sec, they always have Bama ... then a drop off.
Now Georgia has finally gotten there .... after those two, theres usually a Big drop off to the next team ... One year it will be LSU, One year Florida or Auburn maybe ....

The last several years in the Big Ten its been Ohio State and Penn State, till last year when TTUN decided to play.

Georgia was NOWHERE to be found until the last year or two, yet they just automatically get the pass to the top of the land ????
Well, by beating two top ten teams... yes. Why is this a controversy? There current 0 other teams that have beaten two top ten teams.
Is that because they beat Bama last year ?
Did I bump my head and only dream that it is November and the season hasn't even started yet?

Georgia was the National Champion last year, and returned most of the team. There's really no reason they shouldn't be #1.

You talk about what they've done "year in and year out" when everyone has seen what Ohio St. does when they play the SEC. Ohio St is where they are by being in the Big Ten, and then falls flat on their face when going against real competition.

Georgia was the National Champion last year, and returned most of the team. There's really no reason they shouldn't be #1.

You talk about what they've done "year in and year out" when everyone has seen what Ohio St. does when they play the SEC. Ohio St is where they are by being in the Big Ten, and then falls flat on their face when going against real competition.
Georgia lost like 10 players to the NFL, so No they don't return most of the team.

Last 2 times Ohio State and Bama played they split.
Same goes for last 2 times they played Clemson ...
They rarely play the sec unless its in a NC game.

Georgia lost like 10 players to the NFL, so No they don't return most of the team.
Last I heard, there are 11 on offense, 11 on defense, and they rotate receivers, running back, as well as some defensive players. So that would be 22+ starters.

So yeah, most of them returned.

Last 2 times Ohio State and Bama played they split.
Same goes for last 2 times they played Clemson ...
Clempson is not in the SEC, they are an ACC team. beyond that, Clempson has a 4-1 record against Ohio State. Not sure I would brag about a single victory against an ACC team.
They rarely play the sec unless its in a NC game.
No, they've mostly met in non-national championship games.

The single SEC bowl win that Ohio State has against the SEC was against Alabama in a non-national championship game.

Out of the 9 losses, only the 2006 & 2007 blowouts to Florida and LSU were in the National Championship game. The other losses to South Carolina (2001 & 2000), Tennessee (1995), Alabama (1994), Georgia (1992), Aubarn (1989), and Alabama (1977) were not National Championship games.

* I'll put an asterisks for the game Ohio State beat Arkansas in, as the victory was vacated due to Tressel allowing the players to be paid. Though winning against Arkansas is nothing something anyone would brag about and doesn't change the overall dominance of the SEC over Ohio State. :D

Last I heard, there are 11 on offense, 11 on defense, and they rotate receivers, running back, as well as some defensive players. So that would be 22+ starters.

So yeah, most of them returned.
Well, if thats the way YOU count ....
They have about 85 on scholarship, so ya, go ahead and count them again.

Clempson is not in the SEC, they are an ACC team. beyond that, Clempson has a 4-1 record against Ohio State. Not sure I would brag about a single victory against an ACC team.

No, they've mostly met in non-national championship games.

The single SEC bowl win that Ohio State has against the SEC was against Alabama in a non-national championship game.

Out of the 9 losses, only the 2006 & 2007 blowouts to Florida and LSU were in the National Championship game. The other losses to South Carolina (2001 & 2000), Tennessee (1995), Alabama (1994), Georgia (1992), Aubarn (1989), and Alabama (1977) were not National Championship games.

* I'll put an asterisks for the game Ohio State beat Arkansas in, as the victory was vacated due to Tressel allowing the players to be paid. Though winning against Arkansas is nothing something anyone would brag about and doesn't change the overall dominance of the SEC over Ohio State. :D
You are so much an antagonizer its UNBELIEVABLE ....

I was referring to Playoff games, of course you Knew what I was talking about.

I am talking in the last 10 years, not the entire history of sports, who the hell cares what happened 50 years ago.

You are so much an antagonizer its UNBELIEVABLE ....
Because I pointed out that Clempson is not in the SEC so shouldn't be considered a win over the SEC?
I was referring to Playoff games, of course you Knew what I was talking about.
You never said anything about it being only playoff games. But why shouldn't we include non-playoff games? They further show how "well" Ohio State plays against SEC teams.

I am talking in the last 10 years, not the entire history of sports, who the hell cares what happened 50 years ago.
50 years ago? All the wins I mentioned of the SEC over Ohio State are from 1977. Fairly recent history. You love to point out Ohio State history when trying to justify them being ranked, but want to ignore it when it's pointed out that SEC teams are better than them. What's next, going to blame weather for the SEC's dominance of them?

Because I pointed out that Clempson is not in the SEC so shouldn't be considered a win over the SEC?

You never said anything about it being only playoff games. But why shouldn't we include non-playoff games? They further show how "well" Ohio State plays against SEC teams.

50 years ago? All the wins I mentioned of the SEC over Ohio State are from 1977. Fairly recent history. You love to point out Ohio State history when trying to justify them being ranked, but want to ignore it when it's pointed out that SEC teams are better than them. What's next, going to blame weather for the SEC's dominance of them?
I Clearly KNow that Clemson isn't in the sec ...
The Clemson reference

was because them and Bama have been the top 2 teams for awhile with Ohio State joining them of late ...

I Never bring up OSU history unless others do .... I go back to the start of the last Change in the College system, which was 2014 ... theres little point of telling me what they did 40 years a go .
I said 50 years meaning a Long time ago, sorry I missed the exact number of years ... it was still 45 years your trying to make a big deal about.

IF you want to do that, lets look and see what a power house Bama was before Saban came on board and after the Bear left ....

No, why bother.
You'll just tell me how Great they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.