2022-2023 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia is not going to lose. So they finish at 1.

Someone has to win between Michigan and Ohio State so they get 2.

TCU plays in the weakest of the “power 5” and it is a down year for that league. But they will lose.

The question then becomes who of the dozen loser teams gets an undeserved second shot, rather than just having Georgia play the OSU/UM winner and be done with it.

Georgia is not going to lose. So they finish at 1.

Someone has to win between Michigan and Ohio State so they get 2.

TCU plays in the weakest of the “power 5” and it is a down year for that league. But they will lose.

The question then becomes who of the dozen loser teams gets an undeserved second shot, rather than just having Georgia play the OSU/UM winner and be done with it.
Tennessee is a lock if they don't lose (not likely based on who they have left.

If TCU loses, then either USC(w) if they win out or the loser of Michigan & Ohio State if the game is close, my guess would be the Big Ten runner up, as the committee will want to look "fair" for including 2 SEC teams again.

No matter what though, they will put Tennessee at # 3 (over TCU or the Big Ten runner up) to prevent Georgia from playing them in the first round.

Last edited:
Tennessee is a lock if they don't lose (not likely based on who they have left.

If TCU loses, then either USC(w) if the win out or the loser of Michigan & Ohio State if the game is close, my guess would be the Big Ten runner up, as the committee will want to look "fair" for including 2 SEC teams again.

No matter what though, they will put Tennessee at # 3 (over TCU or the Big Ten runner up) to prevent Georgia from playing them in the first round.
This should be interesting, seeing Tennessee will NOT win thier Conference or play in it.
Thier OOC games don't really look that much better than Michigan ... which was terrible .
Tennessee OOC ... Ball State and Akron and UT Martin... while Michigan was worse yet ... Colo St, Hawaii and UConn

With the amount of Conference Champion that the committee Usually likes to give an advantage to.

That said, its really no different than Ohio State and Michigan, as 1 of them will not win thier conference.

Personally, I think IF Ohio State loses to Michigan in a close game, they may both be in.

It would be a nice change of pace seeing the sec typically gets two in ...

This should be interesting, seeing Tennessee will NOT win thier Conference or play in it.
Not unheard of, that's how Ohio State got in 2016, and Alabama the following year.
Thier OOC games don't really look that much better than Michigan ... which was terrible .
Tennessee OOC ... Ball State and Akron and UT Martin... while Michigan was worse yet ... Colo St, Hawaii and UConn
Tennessee's conference schedule though is pretty good, helped by beating Alabama and destroying LSU (the SEC West winner). Marque victories the Big Ten runner-up won't have, so Tennessee will easily be picked over them.

USC(w) will have the Pac Ten Championship, so that might be enough to have them jump over the Big Ten Runner up as well, plus they have a big tv audience that ESPN will push the committee to include.

Man, the people who make the official rankings are going to be into the dark arts trying to ensure TCU lose, because if TCU wins out, it'll be hard to not include them in the top 3, as they'll be undefeated, and Michigan and OSU must have at least one suffer a loss.

But they do NOT want TCU playing the 2nd seed and getting into the final! TCU must be ranked 4! This is college football and it has nothing to do with fair or sport or anything related to athletic pride... it is about the money. And TCU in the final is not money!

So any manner of animal vivisection, voodoo, numerology is being employed. Regardless, they'll keep TCU at 4 even if it means putting USC or Tennessee or LSU into 3rd over undefeated TCU. I don't see any path for the Big Ten sending two teams to the playoff.

So, for those getting a kick out of watching the college cartels completely fix the system, the greatest scenario includes LSU, Tennessee, and USC losing another game and TCU wins out and watching the cartels justify TCU as 4th and putting a team with 2 losses in 3rd.

Man, the people who make the official rankings are going to be into the dark arts trying to ensure TCU lose, because if TCU wins out, it'll be hard to not include them in the top 3, as they'll be undefeated, and Michigan and OSU must have at least one suffer a loss.
I think they're resigned to TCU being in it. Plus it gives them cover for always having the same teams every year.
But they do NOT want TCU playing the 2nd seed and getting into the final! TCU must be ranked 4! This is college football and it has nothing to do with fair or sport or anything related to athletic pride... it is about the money. And TCU in the final is not money!
TCU will be put at number 4 in order to prevent a Georgia/Tennessee rematch in the semi-final.
I don't see any path for the Big Ten sending two teams to the playoff.
I don't either, as Tennesse's resume is far better than either Ohio State or Michigan's will be with a loss.

USC(w)'s will be comparable, but a Pac 12 title will make the difference for them. So the Big Ten runnerup will need both TCU and USC(w) to loss. Even then, Clempson is waiting in the wings.

Not unheard of, that's how Ohio State got in 2016, and Alabama the following year.

Tennessee's conference schedule though is pretty good, helped by beating Alabama and destroying LSU (the SEC West winner). Marque victories the Big Ten runner-up won't have, so Tennessee will easily be picked over them.

USC(w) will have the Pac Ten Championship, so that might be enough to have them jump over the Big Ten Runner up as well, plus they have a big tv audience that ESPN will push the committee to include.
I was referring to playing in the SEC championship, not the playoffs ... sorry if you looked at it the other way around.

Well see ...
Btw, TV audience should NOT have anything to do with who gets in the playoffs.

So any manner of animal vivisection, voodoo, numerology is being employed. Regardless, they'll keep TCU at 4 even if it means putting USC or Tennessee or LSU into 3rd over undefeated TCU. I don't see any path for the Big Ten sending two teams to the playoff.

So, for those getting a kick out of watching the college cartels completely fix the system, the greatest scenario includes LSU, Tennessee, and USC losing another game and TCU wins out and watching the cartels justify TCU as 4th and putting a team with 2 losses in 3rd.
Either Ohio State or Michigan will have No Losses, the other will have its 1st loss to a highly ranked team.

I don't see TCU losing or Tennessee losing, particularly seeing they won't have to play in thier Championship game, and That alone may NOT get them in.

Yes, teams have gotten in with out winning thier Conference, Ohio State, I think Bama has already as well.

More than likely it will end up being 2 sec teams, because they tend to get that favor .... over other Conference winners.

I vote for No sec teams ....
Not Really, Georgia is definitely in, UNLESS they should lose to LSU, THEN we have MAYBE the 1st 2 loss team getting in over a Bunch of 1 loss teams ....

Yes, thats the favor I was talking about.

Well see ...
Btw, TV audience should NOT have anything to do with who gets in the playoffs.
ROFLMAO

That is the whole basis of College Football! Records and Strength of Schedule are a distant 2nd and 3rd.

Reactions: Derwin0
I think they're resigned to TCU being in it. Plus it gives them cover for always having the same teams every year.

TCU will be put at number 4 in order to prevent a Georgia/Tennessee rematch in the semi-final.

I don't either, as Tennesse's resume is far better than either Ohio State or Michigan's will be with a loss.

USC(w)'s will be comparable, but a Pac 12 title will make the difference for them. So the Big Ten runnerup will need both TCU and USC(w) to loss. Even then, Clempson is waiting in the wings.
Theres No way 2 Big Ten teams will get in with all the other 1 loss teams.
Clemson is NOT making it.
4 or 5 teams should be in before Clemson.

ROFLMAO

That is the whole basis of College Football! Records and Strength of Schedule are a distant 2nd and 3rd.
Ok, so you think that the city your in because of that, SHOULD determine who gets in ????

Thats laughable ...
If that was the case, lets just skip playing the games ....
Bama is HARDLEY the largest (most viewers per household) audience.

So, according to what your saying, NY, LA and Chicago should have teams in every year as they have the most eyeballs. :biggrin

Just pick the largest cities and be done with it.

I was referring to playing in the SEC championship, not the playoffs ... sorry if you looked at it the other way around.
Ohio State did not play in the Big Ten Championship in 2016 (Penn State had won the East that year), and Alabama did not play in the SEC Championship in 2017 (Aubarn won the West). Yet both got into the Playoffs. That was what I was referring to, so Tennessee getting in without being in the SEC Championship isn't unprecedented.

Ok, so you think that the city your in because of that, SHOULD determine who gets in ????
It's not the city, it's the following. Tuscaloosa isn't a big market (or even medium sized market), but they drive ratings. Same thing with Tennessee.

I'm constantly complaining about how College Football works. What part of "cartel" implies I'm happy with the system?
Thats laughable ...
If that was the case, lets just skip playing the games ....
And cut off the revenue stream from playing games and TV contracts?!
Bama is HARDLEY the largest (most viewers per household) audience.

So, according to what your saying, NY, LA and Chicago should have teams in every year as they have the most eyeballs. :biggrin

Just pick the largest cities and be done with it.
I'm curious how you've been paying attention to college football for this long and don't get that this is how it works? Why do you think Notre Dame gets a pass so often?

Reactions: Derwin0
Ohio State did not play in the Big Ten Championship in 2016 (Penn State had won the East that year), and Alabama did not play in the SEC Championship in 2017 (Aubarn won the West). Yet both got into the Playoffs. That was what I was referring to, so Tennessee getting in without being in the SEC Championship isn't unprecedented.
Correct ... were both saying the same thing ...

I just don't know if Tennessee would get in over another CC this year.
Maybe maybe not ...

Status
Not open for further replies.