2022-2023 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet you expect Ohio State to be ranked every single year as a "blueblood". Check the archive, because you made the argument that their past record should have them ranked high back when the pre-season polls came out.

Fact is, Ohio State consistently falls flat on their face when playing the SEC, no reason to think this year will be any different.

As for the Playoff Poll, I think Georgia and Tennessee should be flipped. No reason Tennessee should be above Georgia before they play, and Michigan should be above Clempson.
Ohio State has failed when playing Alabama .... they also beat Alabama ... they also lost to Clemson and then kicked thier ass as well.

Ohio State has not played anyone from the sec other than Bama lately, so you really can't say that they don't play well against the sec. They haven't played well against Bama lately.

Ohio State has failed when playing Alabama .... they also beat Alabama ... they also lost to Clemson and then kicked thier ass as well.
Clempson's not in the SEC.

And what about LSU & Florida? Those games weren't even close.
Ohio State has not played anyone from the sec other than Bama lately, so you really can't say that they don't play well against the sec. They haven't played well against Bama lately.
So you only care about history when it "justifies" Ohio State being ranked or picked for a bowl, but not when it shows how bad they do against SEC teams. Gotcha...

So you only care about history when it "justifies" Ohio State being ranked or picked for a bowl, but not when it shows how bad they do against SEC teams. Gotcha...
Florida and LSU ????

When was that, back in the 90's ??? Earlier ???

Actually, I go back to when they started the new(er) playoff system.
First year was what 2014 ?

Ok, I looked into the last time the Buckeyes played LSU, it was 2013, I hadn't realized that ...
Boy the Buckeyes took a Beating from the SEC that day ... losing 7-0 ....

Buckeyes played the Gators in a Bowl game (was the last time) in 2012.
Buckeyes got curb stomped again .... 24-17 .... hardly a massive whipping from the sec boys.

Clemson is not in the SEC, no sh*t ... but they were a Top team in College football for the last 7- or so years .... in the top 5 anyways.

You say those sec games were not close, but each of them was a 7 point game.

Quit trying to start an argument ....

Florida and LSU ????

When was that, back in the 90's ??? Earlier ???

Actually, I go back to when they started the new(er) playoff system.
First year was what 2014 ?

Ok, I looked into the last time the Buckeyes played LSU, it was 2013, I hadn't realized that ...
Boy the Buckeyes took a Beating from the SEC that day ... losing 7-0 ....

Buckeyes played the Gators in a Bowl game (was the last time) in 2012.
Buckeyes got curb stomped again .... 24-17 .... hardly a massive whipping from the sec boys.
I could go back to the Arkansas game that Ohio St. won, but that was stricken from the record books. ;)

I could go back to the Arkansas game that Ohio St. won, but that was stricken from the record books. ;)
Whatever floats your boat ....
If I recall, the Buckeyes won that game to ... I know they used illegal players ... with whats going on now, what they did is NOTHING compared to whats happening now.

What they did is what players are doing every day now.

CFP Committee got egg on their face with Georgia's domination of Tennessee this past weekend.

Hopefully this week they regain their sanity and put Georgia at #1 where they should have been.

Out of top 10! They and LSU both have 2 loses. Plenty of good 8 and 1 teams behind them.
This IS Alabama and the sec .... ya know, the conference where everyone IN the conference celebrates like they Won a Championship when 1 team actually wins it.

Reactions: AZ.
So Tennessee loses to the #1 team... down to #5. OSU and Michigan have looked weak at times, and have really played nobody and they are 2 and 3?! TCU should be 4 or 5, Tennessee in 3 or 4, and Michigan 14 votes.

So Tennessee loses to the #1 team... down to #5. OSU and Michigan have looked weak at times, and have really played nobody and they are 2 and 3?! TCU should be 4 or 5, Tennessee in 3 or 4, and Michigan 14 votes.
Your skipping all the times that Ohio State and Michigan have looked Great ... conveniently.

Ohio State is winning by about 25-30 points in most cases.
Sure Notre Dame was not that big, but you can never count on anything the opening week for any teams ...
1st two weeks should be a Pre Season really.

Penn State they beat by 13 points and it wasn't really that close.

Northwestern was played in a Tornado ....

IF ... you want to play those games .... Georgia barely got by Kent State and Missouri.

That didn't show dominance ...

Every Good team gets better as the season goes on.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Your skipping all the times that Ohio State and Michigan have looked Great ... conveniently.

Sure Norte Dame was not that big, but you can never count on anything the opening week for any teams ...

Northwestern was played in a Tornado ....
What He said:D

Am I? I want OSU to win the national championship, well after Boise State, that'd be cool, though TCU has some allure to it.

I'm just not a blind partisan of the sport. I recognize the utter foolishness that is the ranking system of college football.
OSU last few weeks have been underwhelming. Michigan more so.
Sure Notre Dame was not that big, but you can never count on anything the opening week for any teams ...

Yeah, but they only beat PSU by 13. That isn't a heralding achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.