2100 Motor won't move

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

oppxg0

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
South Carolina
Hi all! I have an Nfusion HD receiver a 36" dish and an Inviacom Quad LNB with a 2100 motor but when I make a request for it to move, nothing happens.

Any ideas as to what I should do?

Thanks!

Is this a new installation or what? can you tell us what led up to this problem and if it was previously working, etc., every bit of info helps us to help you.

BTW, Welcome and hope you enjoy it here! :D

Yeah it's like clearing cmos on a new CPU install. Sometimes you need to clear it to get it going. Also you can't go through some switches. You need the motor be first then put your switch in then go to whatever LNBs you have.

Also check if it will move with the manual button on the bottom of the motor

It will move with the manual button so I know the motor works. I have removed all switches and I guess I can do the reset now. How do you reset it? remove the cover and press a button? If that doesn't work do you have any other ideas? Do you have to be connected to a specific sat in order to get it going?

I'm not sure. I don't have someone to request a move while I look. If it does blink then what do you think it is?

I'm not sure. I don't have someone to request a move while I look. If it does blink then what do you think it is?

If the LED does not blink orange when command is sent from the receiver, the motor is not receiving the command. This could be caused by improper menu configuration, coax cable / fitting / incompatible device inline (splitter, diplexer, etc.) or a motor defect.

Clipped from Owners Manual:
The LED on the bottom of the Motor can show the following information
Color Status Indication
Green On Power On; Standby Mode
Orange Blink Receiving DiSEqC 1.2 Commands / Reset Mode
Orange On Error Message: Over Current / Reach Hardware Limits …

Please post the method of motor control that you have selected in the receiver. DiSEqC 1.2 or USALS? If USALS, have you inputted your location longitude and latitude settings in the receiver?

Last edited:
Hodo I tell is I have RG6 o RG5? I think I have RG5. Would that make a difference? I was merely using the old cables that remaie from my at.

what sort of TV do you recommend?

It is nearly impossible to install a motorized dish without either a multi-hundred dollar satellite meter or a small TV connected to your satellite receiver sitting next to the satellite dish.

I would suggest a small 13" TV connected to your receiver. If the sun is bright, make a viewing box around the screen to shade from direct sunlight.

I'm using DiSEqC 1.2 and , yes i did input my log/lat

DiSEqC 1.2 does not automatically move your dish. DiSEqC 1.2 only remembers where you have manually moved and saved each position. Use USALS function with the inputted longitude latitude settings to automatically move the motor into the correct position.

Hodo I tell is I have RG6 o RG5? I think I have RG5. Would that make a difference? I was merely using the old cables that remaie from my at.

I would not recommend using old coax cable. One is never sure if the coax may have wicked in water, been crushed, pinched or otherwise damaged. Also verify that you do not have any splitters, switches or bad fittings.

You must use a quality coax cable like a RG6 or Quad Shield RG6 or the signal will be severely attenuated. RG59 is not suitable for satellite applications. The cable type will be printed or stamped on the cable.

Brian, sounds like you got him covered well, great help indeed!

oppxgo, also know as Brian said, quality cable is important and also note that some say that they are quality yet have a copper clad (coated) steel center conductor. The best RG-6 coax has solid copper center conductor wire, don't settle for imitations with a lower price.

Thanks for all of the great info everyone! I had a green light upon installation but it is no longer there. Not sure how that heppened. It's a new motor so I wouldn't think that it's defective. Also, does anyone have the exact settings that needs to be in the motor section of the satzen 300 receiver? It says dish moving when I change channels but nothing.

Thanks again!

Thanks for all of the great info everyone! I had a green light upon installation but it is no longer there. Not sure how that heppened. It's a new motor so I wouldn't think that it's defective. Also, does anyone have the exact settings that needs to be in the motor section of the satzen 300 receiver? It says dish moving when I change channels but nothing.

Thanks again!

A green light indicates that you are getting power to the motor. Check the menu settings to make sure that the LNB power is still on or set to auto. Take the receiver and a small TV out to the dish and connect to the motor with a short coax cable. Does the LED light green? If not, perform a factory reset on the receiver. Does the LED light Green?

I have no experience with that brand of receiver, but would suggest that you read these motor aiming guide that were developed for other brands of receivers. These instructions will get you headed in the right direction on the menu settings and aiming. http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/190527-how-set-up-motorized-ku-band.html#post1985979

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts