211 guide problems

Russell Jorgensen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Wisconsin
I have a 211 receiver and I am constantly told that the guide data is out of date. When I am asked if I would like to update the data I click on "Yes". It takes about 5 min. to download and then I am OK. The problem is that I can go back to the guide a few hours later and am told again that the guide data is outdated and would I like to update the data. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to correct it? Also the guide data seems to be good for looking ahead only a couple of days. My 622 DVR can scan ahead a couple of weeks. Is this normal too?

Guide data is only good for two days on the 211. The 622 uses the disk drive to store future data.

Do you let the receiver go into standby overnight? That's when it's supposed to update the guide.

I've had the 211 get into a mode where it wants to download EPG data too often. I reset the receiver, and then it's okay again for a couple weeks.

I have seen this but only under these circumstances, I have a ota channel that
is 80+ miles away and during mid day it looses signal, ok early morning or late night, if during the course of the day when there is no signal present and I stop on that channel in the guide it will tell me my guide data is out of date and wants to download, if I tell it no it won't let me out, I just turn the receiver off, back on and hit recall quickly and everything is ok and the guide date has approx 24 hours programing

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts