24" Dish And No Contract?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davestr

Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I signed a year's lease on a house with "no line of sight" according to the tech. I was released from my contract. I own a 24" dish (purchased years ago) and read that this will get a standard def signal if I can see ANY light through the trees, which I can. Atlanta, GA area, by the way.

Will the 24" dish work with a 2017 receiver? I don't need or want HD. I'm guessing I would need to run rg6 to a Charter internet connection and use the two DirecTV diplexers I have to get the sat signal into the house on the same line as my broadband. .

Wife likes to DVR a couple of programs. Is there a DVR available for owner purchase?

Thanks!!!!
Dave

You need a clear line of site.

It could work with the right type of switch.

I previously used the same dish in Indiana under similar conditions years ago. Got 92% signal through heavy tree cover. Techs said their equipment couldn't do it. Just wondering if this dish is compatible with current receivers.

Thanks!! Recommendations on a non SWM receiver??
The Genies and the H25 are swm only receviers/dvrs. All others can run on a regular setup. the last I knew if you use an hd receiver/dvr you have to have hd service. I'm sure you can find an sd dvr on eBay or someplace like that. Just make sure it's an owned model and not leased since you can't use leased equipment on a different account than it was first used on.

The Genies and the H25 are swm only receviers/dvrs. All others can run on a regular setup. the last I knew if you use an hd receiver/dvr you have to have hd service. I'm sure you can find an sd dvr on eBay or someplace like that. Just make sure it's an owned model and not leased since you can't use leased equipment on a different account than it was first used on.
Thanks! I will have to call them and ask what they will let me activate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts