24 month contract clarification

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yep sorry but your in a 24 month contract with any advanced receiver lease. It should be the original contract. When ever you upgade the new date is from when it's activated (or mailed).

What would be considered an "advanced receiver upgrade"? Is that pretty much anything that is not a standard SD , non DVR box or is it just HD equipment??

It would seem to me that D is responsible for telling you that the receiver would require a new 2 year lease. Every time I upgrade a cell phone with my provider, that's all part of packaging and its told upfront about a new 2 year agreement. You even have to sign a paper stating that you agree to it.

SAME HERE.....

Hello, we are exactly in the same situation DTV extended out contract 12 months when one of our existing lease HD DVR receivers had to be replace because it malfunction. Our new expiration date is July 2010. I was told by a REP to send a letter to Billing Disputes because the receiver was replaced it was not an upgrade and also because it was a LEASE receiver not a owned one. Anyway I did, the REP also noted in the account the dispute, I will keep you posted to see if it worked or not.

It would seem to me that D is responsible for telling you that the receiver would require a new 2 year lease. Every time I upgrade a cell phone with my provider, that's all part of packaging and its told upfront about a new 2 year agreement. You even have to sign a paper stating that you agree to it.

Exactly my argument. Most of the csr's read a script when you call, why not add that to the script so the consumer is made aware before making a commitment. I would bet a lot of customers would think twice before committing to another two years.

I just asked yesterday about that since charging me another $60/yr and still not offering anywhere near the HD of FiOS is just not acceptable to me and I was told the termination fee is $12.50 per month left on the contract. I only have 5 months left, so FiOS may offer to pick that up for me. We'll see.

A subscriber CAN buy out of a contract. Depending on how long you have left, it could be costly. I think I read somewhere that it is 20/month for each month you're shorting your contract. I'm actually looking at doing that myself. Can anyone elaborate on that?

Most of the csr's read a script when you call, why not add that to the script so the consumer is made aware before making a commitment.

There is a reason for that.

I would bet a lot of customers would think twice before committing to another two years.

That is the reason. ;) I dont think I've seen any other company as good at hiding the start of a new contract like Directv. However, understand that it's up to you if you choose to read or not to read the contract BEFORE signing. But dont feel lonely. I've done the same thing.

There is a reason for that.

That is the reason. ;) I dont think I've seen any other company as good at hiding the start of a new contract like Directv. However, understand that it's up to you if you choose to read or not to read the contract BEFORE signing. But dont feel lonely. I've done the same thing.

Trust me, I've learned my lesson with this company, like I said earlier, they will not miss me;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)