2nd tuner help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fototivity

Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Hi,

Got my hr21 set up and the tuner #1 is coming in at 95%. When it tests for the second tuner I get nothing. Does it matter which connection the cable is screwed into on the lnb to get the second tuner to work?

Thanks

Hi,

Got my hr21 set up and the tuner #1 is coming in at 95%. When it tests for the second tuner I get nothing. Does it matter which connection the cable is screwed into on the lnb to get the second tuner to work?

Thanks

No. Do you have two separate lines coming from the dish? Did you connect them at the same time, that is, connect them both, then run the setup? Don't connect just one, run the set up, then connect the other.

Yea I connected them at the same time then ran the setup. Any other suggestions as far as what the problem could be?

I've had a tech out here 6 hours a day for the past 3 days with the SAME EXACT PROBLEM on an HR20. Today two Lead techs are coming. So far the he's tried 2 different LNB's, Boxes, Cable Runs, and about 10 BBC's.

Tuner A - 95%
Tuner B - No singnal or very low.

Usually on the 110 but sometimes the problem jumps to the 101 and then the 110 is fine. It's one or the other sat but always tuner 2. Switching the cable from 1 to 2 does nothing, error stays the same. Installers are stumped.

Well it did it out of the box before the latest sat download but hey I'll try, how do I force a download? Do I punch these numbers?

Yes...after you do the reset press those numbers as soon as the blue Welcome screen pops up.

There is an issue with DTV receivers not seeing the second tuner if they are powered up before all other cable connections are made and working. This seems to fix about 90% of those issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts