2x1 switch-Glorystar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grasshopper1

Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
Stexas
Does snyone have a method/procedure to test this switch on GloryStar equipment? AND will a DISH/Echostar 2x1 switch work just as good? How about DirecTV's multiswitches, will they work on Glorystar? I used to do installs for Directv and Dish a few years back. So I have spare switches?
ANy and all help is appreciated.
Thank you

The more commonly used switches on FTA are diseqc and 22khz.
They operate on different principlds.
The DishNetwork SW21 is in a third category.

I don't know of a 100% reliable way to test any of them, other than passing signals and power through them.
Each would require a recever be set up for the particular switch (and I don't know if any Glorystar receiver can operate the SW21).

The general rule of thumb for FTA switches, is to not connect or disconnect them when the receiver is powered on.
I found all the DishNetwork switches handled such situations with 100% reliability. :)
Some FTA switches will; some may not.

For more info on these and multiswitches, and how to apply them, you might give a read of the Switches Simplified thread in the FAQ department.

Does snyone have a method/procedure to test this switch on GloryStar equipment? AND will a DISH/Echostar 2x1 switch work just as good? How about DirecTV's multiswitches, will they work on Glorystar? I used to do installs for Directv and Dish a few years back. So I have spare switches?
ANy and all help is appreciated.
Thank you

If you have the dual output LNB's the Zinwell or Eagle Aspen 4x4 and the powered 4x8 switch will work. If you only have the single output LNB's then you need a 2x1. The Dish SW21 does not work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)