3 ABN Offers 90 CM Dish New Now With Free Shipping!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
phlatwound, you beat me to it. I just measured the pipe that came with it and it is 1 11/16" outside diameter, thats with my shaky hands and old eyes:), It could be a 1/16" either side of that.

phlatwound, you beat me to it. I just measured the pipe that came with it and it is 1 11/16" outside diameter, thats with my shaky hands and old eyes:), It could be a 1/16" either side of that.

I think the factory mount tube is actually about 42 mm...which is in between 1 5/8" and 1 11/16". :D

If anybody is near SW Missouri U.S.A. and needs any of that 1 5/8" galvanized heavy wall (1/8" thick) pipe let me know, I'll give you a chunk, got a couple hundred feet. :)

I mounted my new 3ABN dish today and while I am happy enough with the dish itself, I feel like the mount supplied is not that great. I mounted to a vertical wall and even though I laid out the mounting holes for the base with a level, when the bolts for the tube were tightened the tube was drastically out of plumb left to right. I had to pull sideways on the tube to bend the base into shape. Next I found that the tube wall thickness is such that when the bolts were tightened it was still quite easy to move it toward or away from the wall. Further tightening just made the tube more oval and didn't really help. My solution was to cut a short length of 1/4" galvanized pipe to fit the inside of the tube so the lower bolt goes through it and gives the bolt something solid to tighten against and thus lock the tube position in the base. Next I used the two braces that were provided in the box to brace the tube to the wall as well, so the tube is as rigid as it can be and plumb in both directions.

I mounted my Stab HH90 motor and set the dish elevation to 38 degrees as specified by both Stab and dishpointer.com but I have to say it looks like it is pointed quite low compared to the Dish 500 next to it (which also is set to 38 degrees on its scale). I am guessing that the LNB on this dish is offset so low that it accounts for the lower angle of the actual reflector compared to the Dish 500. The Genpix SkyWalker-1 came back in stock just after midnight this morning (4/26) so I should have it soon and then I can continue my install and alignment.

Rob

I found it very easy to "oval" the mast on my 3ABN mount as well. I'll be relocating my dish from the roof to the backyard on a pole sunk in concrete in the next couple of weeks. Climbing up and down off the roof has become a real drag. I want to be able to tweak my setup without having to go up there anymore. I just need to figure out how to re-route the coax now. Since the dish will be up against a fence I'll probably run it along the fence line to the house.

Keep us updated on how your install comes along. Oh and make sure you have the angle for the motor AND dish correct for your area. I don't think it should be that far off from your dish 500 setup.

I have to retract part of what I said and it is embarrassing since I am a professional mechanic! Upon looking more closely at the assembly drawing included with the dish I see that they actually specify two separate carriage bolts for the end of the tube that moves in the curved slots rather than one through bolt. This would clearly work much better and not crush the tube. Dang, I hate to be wrong!

Rob

I have to retract part of what I said and it is embarrassing since I am a professional mechanic! Upon looking more closely at the assembly drawing included with the dish I see that they actually specify two separate carriage bolts for the end of the tube that moves in the curved slots rather than one through bolt. This would clearly work much better and not crush the tube. Dang, I hate to be wrong!

Rob

I guess I was referring to the section where the motor bracket clamps to the pole mount getting crushed.

I got my 3ABN order last Friday. Just in time for my weekend installation work. I tried to put SG-2100 motor with it. This is my first time to install a motor. I built a wood base (2' x 2' surface area) attached it a wood structure. Then mounted the dish base on the wood base. I was lucky enough to have the mast exact plumb after tightening all the screws and then ran out of time for mouting the motor and dish.
The wood structure is very strong, but woods are subject to expansion and shrinking which may throw the mast slightly off plumb over the time. Do people have experience with mounting a motorized dish on a wood base? Do you need to tweak it once a while to keep it working?

I have mine mounted to two pressure treated 2x6's which are laminated together with glue and screws, then buried about 3 feet down and screwed to my house. I've only had to tweak the dish once during the fall and again this spring, but really not that much.

Iceberg has most of his tables mounted on tables on his deck without too many issues, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Last Chance Tomorrow To Order The 3ABN 90 CM!

might want to get on this deal SOON as I have found out from my sources that this deal wont be around after 4/30

:up Great Reliable Sources Iceberg! You’re right on the money!
I am still waiting for mine but it is on the brown truck and will be here tomorrow! Can’t wait to put it up!
Janet Hellberg at 3 ABN sent this in my email today on a follow-up on my shipment of my dish.
(Quote Janet) : "3ABN will no longer be selling satellite systems after April 30th, 2008 but we will process check and money orders that come through the mailroom for a period of time. We will also be able to provide a telephone number where you can purchase these systems after we quit selling them."
Janet Hellberg 3ABN Three Angels Broadcasting Network

Tomorrow guys 4/30 is the last day to get your order NOW or miss out on it!
:mad: Order or wish you had!!

Given the impending deadline to get off my butt and order, or forever miss the boat, I went ahead and ordered a few. Now the primestar dishes can go back to their restful unused state (or more likely, I'll be researching switch configs and adding more stationary dishes to the mix)

3 ABN Dish Came Today Via "Little Brown Truck!"

Hey guy’s!
Got my 3 ABN dish today and got it set up! Nothing much changed in elevation but about a tick more to get my first signal on Echo 119 NASA! I seem to loose channels though when I pass my true South Bird going east though, well let’s just say my true south bird Nimiq 2 went away! I noticed that I lost Echo 3 61.5 also. Strange for after the change the Nimiq 1 bird the signals get better. 10 RK went up to 98% in quality! I suspect I still have something wrong though and ran out of daylight to tweak some more. I just tried all the birds in the Coolsats box list tonight!

Dish was set up with the new SAE screws not Metric as posted in one of the other thread, I have the elevation range screws in "A" for 20 ~57* (hope that is the right one!), mast is still straight on the money, did a warp test and she passed with flying colors.

The only thing I have a question is the Invacom, is it the same as the Fortec Star 80CM in position (all the way Back set to 0) of do I move it inward some? I really never got to try that yet, I read in a thread that Ice posted about the arm being bent a bit, I am tickled though; I got more than some FTA TV for tonight ! On 10R K Now! Signals no that bird for me on the 80 CM were 66 - 71% now 98%! :)

The 3 ABN is together right with the sheet other than I might have the elevation range wrong. I know the focus is sensitive on this big boy, just need to tinker some more on it!

Here is some of the birds I get and some that disappeared:
Bird Quality
61.5 W 0%
71.8 W 68%
79.0 W 69%
82.0 W 0%
83.0 W 66%
87.0 W 70%
89.0 W 88%
91.0 W 98%
93.0 W 0%
95.0 W 70%
97. 0 W 66%
101.0 W 87%
105.0 W 70%
110.0 W 98%
119.0 W 97%
121.0 W 98%
123.0 W 98%
129.0 W 97%
148.0 W 97%

Got some tweaking to do. I want to use the Circular part of the Invacom for my Dish Network Box also! Rain fade will go away! At least I hope! Any suggestions on what the problem is I am all ears. Not frustrated yet, it looks like I am almost there! Starman now I can use the Fortec Star 80 CM for the Hispasat 1C.1D bird! Got some work before me that is for sure, fix the problem with the 3 ABN, Circular out on the Invacom for Dish Network setup, and find the Hispasat 1C.1D bird with the old Fortec Star dish! I think I can hit it with the dish out front for the hill goes down a bit in the front yard! I am going to take advantage if the nice weather for the next couple days for sure!

I posted some pictures of the two 80 CM and 90 CM dishes to compare to size especially to my Chevy full size sport van’s G-20 15 inch tires! The Azure Shine box says made in Taiwan, I read a post where someone’s box said Made in China. I guess they are about from the same place huh! Box said Cashless (Sat Radar) on it and the UPS dude said then he delivered it today “I never hauled around Radar equipment before! This is a first for me!” I had to laugh! Putting it up got my local Pizza man asking questions about the dish. Seems like he was into the BUD era several years ago and wanted to know more about KU. Got him interested in it when I told him that he can use his 2 BUD’S he still has up on a new receiver! He was beside himself! Going to help him set up a system in his business sometime in the near future! Told him about Sadoun also for parts if he needs them for his C banders! Plug Plug!

Thanks guy’s for your suggestions and help as always!

Attachments

• S6305701.JPG
    S6305701.JPG
    799.5 KB · Views: 108
  • S6305711.JPG
    S6305711.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 109
  • S6305706.JPG
    S6305706.JPG
    855.1 KB · Views: 121
  • S6305699.JPG
    S6305699.JPG
    873.1 KB · Views: 104
  • S6305698.JPG
    S6305698.JPG
    891.9 KB · Views: 125
  • S6305704.JPG
    S6305704.JPG
    775.6 KB · Views: 103
  • S6305703.JPG
    S6305703.JPG
    483.8 KB · Views: 106
Bee Proof That Darn Pole Setup!

Looks GOOD! I should have bought one of those.....don't need it though :)

Thanks!!
The only thing I need to do is replace the pole it's on! I bought 2 of them when I got into FTA and the other is ready to go up! I thought ahead three years ago before I got this setup and bee proofed the thing by going to the hardware store and bought thick 1/2 thick rubber grommets for the foot pole and motor bottom! Now the bees are everywhere here but not in this setup! I drilled a hole to let the coax pass through the bottom from inside the building to the bottom of the foot mount through the rubber grommet then right up the pole to the top and yes, another rubber grommet! Water can't even get in there! The pole is scratched and the powder coat is about worthless on these things. I learned my lesson a couple summers ago with my D* 300 pointed at 61.5, on the ladder adjusting and a wasp came out to say hi! Although he was unable to fly (This was at night) I knocked him off the mast pipe and he fell to the ground! Nevertheless to say he walked back up the ladder and up my pants he went! The darn thing got as far to my waist band till I started to get down off the ladder and he gave me something to remember him by! Let's just say, I was the last person he stung! With this set up I wanted to be able to tinker with it even in the summer worry free of bees! So I came up with this idea! My FTA dish has never had a bee nest in it since it went up! My Dish Net dishes are another story! Would not go around them at all! Spiders like to web it though but they are easy to knock off! I am going to do more adjusting in a bit to the 3 ABN so we will get it today hopefully!

Yeah iafirebuff, my brother missed out on this deal also! I can say that I see a big difference in signal quality in this dish! I am glad that I decided to get it this time around! It is a bit heavy than the other dish I had and awkward to handle but I walked it up on a ladder assembled yesterday with no problem, the UPS weight on the box it came in was 28 pounds so subtract the foot mast, box and there you go. I got to say that this is a big foot plate! I guess bigger dish bigger mount! Later guys, sending pictures of the bee proof and the difference in foot mounts in case anybody wants to see.
Later guys

Picture 1. Foot size from standard to the 3 ABN 90 CM
Picture 2. Rubber grommet with female to female connector if you wanted to do it that way
Picture 3. Rubber grommet with the coax going through
Picture 4. Motek SG-2100 bottom of motor grommet
Picture 5. Bottom of my foot mount grommet for the 3 ABN
Picture 6. Top of pole mast with grommet. The silicone has changed colors since 3 years ago. You can also see how my mast pipe has rusted with the powder coat peeling.

Attachments

• S6305714.JPG
    S6305714.JPG
    487.6 KB · Views: 113
  • S6305715.JPG
    S6305715.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 106
  • S6305722.JPG
    S6305722.JPG
    511.5 KB · Views: 110
  • S6305717.JPG
    S6305717.JPG
    413.7 KB · Views: 108
  • S6305716.JPG
    S6305716.JPG
    428.1 KB · Views: 111
  • S6305718.JPG
    S6305718.JPG
    409.9 KB · Views: 108
:up Great Reliable Sources Iceberg! You’re right on the money!
I am still waiting for mine but it is on the brown truck and will be here tomorrow! Can’t wait to put it up!
Janet Hellberg at 3 ABN sent this in my email today on a follow-up on my shipment of my dish.
(Quote Janet) : "3ABN will no longer be selling satellite systems after April 30th, 2008 but we will process check and money orders that come through the mailroom for a period of time. We will also be able to provide a telephone number where you can purchase these systems after we quit selling them."
Janet Hellberg 3ABN Three Angels Broadcasting Network

Tomorrow guys 4/30 is the last day to get your order NOW or miss out on it!
:mad: Order or wish you had!!

actually, she emailed me monday that there would still be dishes available a few days after may 1.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)