Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
remember those 3 LNB brackets that SatelliteAV had on sale for Black Friday? Well I grabbed a couple of them along with some other stuff and finally got to try them out. Hey I live in MN where we get cold and snow :D

First thing I did was put the Glorystar 2 LNB clamp back on the 36" dish. This will give me 2 sats at 4 degrees apart. Got 93 & 97 locked in then decided to add a bracket. Install is pretty easy. It attached to the bottom of the dish. The cool thing about the bracket is you have multiple adjustments you can do. Got a 3rd LNB set up on 89. I luck out as 93 is my true south so 87-101 is all about the same elevation.

Then I decided....hmm...can we do 4? So I figured a way to attach 2 brackets together. Did the FTA favorite way to do things....improvise :D

Tried 101 but couldn't get an acceptable lock on it for some reason. So we tried 103 and that worked really well. Pentagon is strong and the rest are OK. There weren't many feeds up at 9:00AM yesterday so I had to go with what I got :)

So I can attest that they do work. Now if you're dealing with a sloped setup (say you live on either coast and want to do this) well then you're on your own. Maybe the LNB holder can go under the bracket (might have to try that) :D

(in the 2nd to last picture the bracket normally goes flush against the dish arm as to not move..with the 1/2" gap I may stick a small piece of wood in there so the brackets dont move)

Attachments

• 000_0416.jpg
    000_0416.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 486
  • 000_0417.jpg
    000_0417.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 450
  • 000_0418.jpg
    000_0418.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 354
  • 000_0420.jpg
    000_0420.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 769
  • 000_0421.jpg
    000_0421.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 355
  • 000_0422.jpg
    000_0422.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 376
  • 000_0423.jpg
    000_0423.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 000_0424.jpg
    000_0424.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 547
Nice work!

Would you be able to slide one of those bandstacked LNBs alongside one of the bullet LNBs and get 2º spacing? Or perhaps two bandstacked alongside each other? Just curious...

I grabbed a couple of those kits on Black Friday also, so it was nice to see them in action. Should be very helpful when I get my FTA installed (waiting on the DVR-1100c to order my system - what's another month after waiting two years? ;)).

I have four bandstacked LNBs arriving this week from Mike Kohl. I can't wait!

Nice work!

Would you be able to slide one of those bandstacked LNBs alongside one of the bullet LNBs and get 2º spacing? Or perhaps two bandstacked alongside each other? Just curious...
I didnt try but that may be an option. I have a few of the bandstacked LNB's here that were on the T90

Other than Mike Kohl who else sells bandstacked LNBs? (Is there a such thing as a universal bandstacked LNB? (My guess is that there is not, but I would love to be proven wrong.))

bandstacked Ku & C

Universal and bandstacked? I haven't seen any.
That would be odd. But maybe in Europe...?

When Sadoun first announced this Eagle Aspen C-band bandstacked LNB, I almost bought one.
I still may, if I decide to support multiple receivers.
But with just me watching, that's not quite so likely. ;)

Some months ago, JerryT had a nice discussion about using lots of bandstacked LNBs on either a T90 or something similar.
There were photos and there was a wiring diagram for 16 LNBs driving 8 receivers.

So I can attest that they do work. Now if you're dealing with a sloped setup (say you live on either coast and want to do this) well then you're on your own. Maybe the LNB holder can go under the bracket (might have to try that) :D

It looks like you could probably add spacers to raise the LNB holder up (looks like you'd need longer bolts). You could probably put the LNB holder by itself (without the metal attachment that attachs to the bracket) underneath the bracket (with spacers, if necessary), but then you'd lose the ability to make necessary adjustments to get the correct focal point. Wouldn't be too critical on satellites close to the centre LNB (6 degrees or so), but the further out you go it might cause some loss, especially since the bracket is a straight piece, and not curved.

Definitely is better than the tubular three/four LNB bracket, but I still like this one the best:
osCommerce

The picture does not do it justice, the LNB holders look flat, but really are the same as the LNB holder that comes with any 80cm, etc., dish. You get two of the curved metal brackets, which are about 12 inches long, but I've never used more than one on a dish (would be too great a signal loss for the linear sats). By its design you can put the LNB on top or below the bracket, and with spacers get that extra signal!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts