3 New HD Channels Added.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You have something wrong with your equiment as im not having any issues here getting any of the new hd channels. ESPN NEWSHD PQ is SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!! This reaffirms my move the mpeg2 channels to Mpeg 4 campaign!

PQ of Disney HD is Smoking too My daughter woke up and said Tigger in HD! Folks my daughter is almost 4 years old. Were watching my Friends Tigger and Poo and its in HD

Way to goo D* We all know who is the HD leader and who Isnt. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, some people have compared the ESPNews fed with the simulcast on ESPN2 this morning and they say that there is a big difference between the two channels.

The ESPN News HD is set up very nice! Lots of sports info being shown in a HD way.

As the father of two young kids, looking foward to when HD shows acutally make it to Disney, as right not alot of there shows are SD.

Cool! So sounds like ESPN NEWS HD is good so far and what you guys think about the other channels so far? Since us Dish guys don't have them yet but always good to hear what folks think that have them already.

I agree they all look great. The only problem I am having is that the left screen of espnnewes hd cuts off. This only happens on my Hitachi 55 inch. I tried changing the aspect to 16x9 that does not work, it's currently on 4x3 statndard.
This does not seem to happen on any of the other hd channels.
Does anyone have any advice?

Did anyone else notice a channel called STAX on 349? It is black and the guide says 'To Be Announced.' Anybody know what it is about?

Try searching and see if there is a service menu for your tv and how to get into it.. On my Mitsubishi there is one where you can correct for overscan. You can move the picture left, right up or down. Too bad that there wasnt a way of actually correcting it fully. ON my tv the channel looks fine with no cutoff.

Did anyone else notice a channel called STAX on 349? It is black and the guide says 'To Be Announced.' Anybody know what it is about?

It was some message from Directv to fight a Satellite Tax (STAX) in a few states that was in the legislature, leave it off your favorites unless you want to see the message, if it appears again.

You have something wrong with your equiment as im not having any issues here getting any of the new hd channels. ESPN NEWSHD PQ is SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!! This reaffirms my move the mpeg2 channels to Mpeg 4 campaign!

PQ of Disney HD is Smoking too My daughter woke up and said Tigger in HD! Folks my daughter is almost 4 years old. Were watching my Friends Tigger and Poo and its in HD

Way to goo D* We all know who is the HD leader and who Isnt. Keep up the good work!

Its almost 9:30am here in so calif and I have no espnHD at all now and no toon disneyHD. DisneyHD is also now acting funny. Time to call directv I guess.

Well the 3 new channels are not really ones I'd watch often but still makes me glad I've decided to switch from Dish....at least DTV IS adding stuff not just giveing undelivered promises of more.:)

Its almost 9:30am here in so calif and I have no espnHD at all now and no toon disneyHD. DisneyHD is also now acting funny. Time to call directv I guess.

Well here is the latest for me. Called Directv and they had me check the signal strength for sat's 103(s) and 103(c).

103(s) had a lot of zeros, n/a, and a few higher numbers. One in the 70's and one in the 80's.

103(c) has a lot of 20's and 30's. one number is 42.

Directv then asked me to check 103(b), but I could not find it. They then said they just saw that the west coast is having some problems.

On my own I checked signal strength meters and 103(c) is at 42% and 103(s) is 'not acquired'

Ideas?

Wow Goaliebob, what did we miss with all of those deletions? :eek:

you missed a bunch of people requesting to move this thread to the D* forum from the E* forum. :) Nothing out of the normal.. no cat fight or anything. I deleted those entrys to clean up the thread. I figured you all wouldnt want to sift through a page of E* subs requesting this to be moved.

I must say that this is one of the reasons why I jumped ship from Comcast a long time ago.

Thanks DirecTV for delivering the goods and having excellent picture quality to boot!

- C

Nice to see new HD again. I switched from E* to D* March 21st and watching HD seems to be a whole new experience again. Thanks D*.

My two boys are going to love the Disney HD additions and now I might actually watch ESPNews for once. I used to only watch sportscenter since it was in HD.

I seem to only watch HD feeds now, except for Chiller which I think will be on D* before E*...my personal speculation. It is fun to be part of the leading edge again in the satellite world. Reading and responding to these forums is also fun again...I was starting to dread the E* area with so much disappointment...I could only take so much.

Good job D* keep it up.

I know this is old news but having ESPNewsHD makes me look forward to seeing ESPN and ESPN 2 HD in MPEG 4. All I can say is WOWOWOW with PQ. Great Job ESPN and thank you D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts