3 New HD Channels Added.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
E-Mail DirecTV and tell them you want to see it added, some prior posts say when they ask D* about WGN Superstation HD they're told not many people are asking for it.
I'm not asking for it,but I'll take anything thats in HD as long as its not a shopping channel!

I'm not asking for it,but I'll take anything thats in HD as long as its not a shopping channel!
I'd prefer they remove the shopping channels all together in both SD and HD, or make them part of a separate tier package for those that want to pay for them.

I'd prefer they remove the shopping channels all together in both SD and HD, or make them part of a separate tier package for those that want to pay for them.

Typically shopping channels pay D* to be carried, and some of them pay a little commision on sales IIRC. So if they did this they'd actually have to raise your monthly rate.

Typically shopping channels pay D* to be carried, and some of them pay a little commision on sales IIRC. So if they did this they'd actually have to raise your monthly rate.
Not necessarily. If they made it a separate package for those that want to pay for it, say $5/month. If enough people signed up for it, they maybe able to cover the cost. Of course, that would mean enough people would have to sign up....:p

Also, some of those shopping channels are owned by networks that have agreements with the providers that they have to show them or they will not allow the Network to be shown, or a major channel, not nessasaraly a Big 4.

Jimbo

curious but how does Directv notify customers of new HD channels? You would think they would send out an email - it seems I get new channel info from checking the forums - I wonder how many out there have no idea new channels were added since they don't automatically add to your guide.

After seeing some of the new HD recordings by my little monsters, I am envious. Now they get more HD shows in one day than I get to see in one week:) and they will get to watch them the 100th time without showing any sign of fatigue. Arrr the humanity!

curious but how does Directv notify customers of new HD channels? I wonder how many out there have no idea new channels were added since they don't automatically add to your guide.
Not always! They do sometimes have it on their website,but I have paperless billing ,so I'm not sure if on your monthly statement it might say something ,but I can't confirm!

curious but how does Directv notify customers of new HD channels? You would think they would send out an email - it seems I get new channel info from checking the forums - I wonder how many out there have no idea new channels were added since they don't automatically add to your guide.

It's been mentioned a few times that D* should use the e-mail system that's built into all the receivers for communications like this, but for some reason they just don't do it.

By the way Disney HD looks like crap! Not everything ,but alot of programming. Sorry D* I'll keep watching the SD version. Even my kids were complaining that the picture is blurry. So I took it off my favorites. ESPNews looks great though, Toon disney not great either.

By the way Disney HD looks like crap! Not everything ,but alot of programming. Sorry D* I'll keep watching the SD version. Even my kids were complaining that the picture is blurry. So I took it off my favorites. ESPNews looks great though, Toon disney not great either.

Are you kidding me?

NO ! What shows are in HD? Maybe if you can point one out to me ,maybe I'll give you the responce that you want to hear!
I did flip through Disney the other night and noticed that most of the HD shows are during prime time. Even those in SD look better on the HD channel than they do on the SD channel, especially since they do not stretch the image.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, The Adventures of Tigger & Pooh, Bunny Town and almost all of the animated shows are in HD on Disney HD. They all look great in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)