3 Tuners kinda stinks.

Well shoot - I should give Dish a call and see if they will just hand me a second hopper! I'm doing the 1h/2j thing right now. Sure could use a 2h/1j setup.

I have that set up, the 2H/1J is a great set up for three tv's

I have that set up, the 2H/1J is a great set up for three tv's

Even better is 2H/2J for 3 TVs, only $1mo more than my previous 722/622/211 setup. The extra Joey next to the Hopper on my main TV allows me to set timers and control the other Hopper, or access another tuner for live TV if I inadvertently have all 3 in use on the first Hopper. Oh, and I can see the other EHD, too. All with a one button HDMI switch - nice features for now at $7mo over 2H/1J.

If there are more than 2 people in the house then a two Hopper setup should automatically be applied. Especially since the Hopper is the same monthly fee as a Joey.

Do they have it so the hoppers can see each other yet? Or is the only solution to do what Pat said above? It would be nice if I could treat it almost like a 6 tuner DVR, that just load balances between the two. Might not work so well to have 2 seperate DVR's (No kids, so I can't just push one off on them - everyone watches everything for the most part)

glowrdr said:
Do they have it so the hoppers can see each other yet? Or is the only solution to do what Pat said above? It would be nice if I could treat it almost like a 6 tuner DVR, that just load balances between the two. Might not work so well to have 2 seperate DVR's (No kids, so I can't just push one off on them - everyone watches everything for the most part)

Right now you can access recordings from each hopper

Right now you can access recordings from each hopper

I may find my answer in another one of the posts I have pulled up, but have yet to read, but I might as well just ask here too. So does this mean that each hopper is seperated? Or are you saying this will work as I would like? i.e. Hopper 1 in living room, Hopper 2 in basement, Joey in bedroom. Can I watch programming from H2 from H1? I know I can choose which Hopper the Joey links to, but I wasn't sure that both Hoppers could communicate with each other.

This could be a game changer in my household if this is the case - so I appologize if I'm asking questions that should be obvious.

I may find my answer in another one of the posts I have pulled up, but have yet to read, but I might as well just ask here too. So does this mean that each hopper is seperated? Or are you saying this will work as I would like? i.e. Hopper 1 in living room, Hopper 2 in basement, Joey in bedroom. Can I watch programming from H2 from H1? I know I can choose which Hopper the Joey links to, but I wasn't sure that both Hoppers could communicate with each other.

This could be a game changer in my household if this is the case - so I appologize if I'm asking questions that should be obvious.

In a 2 hopper system, there's a drop down available in the "My Recordings" section where you can flip between either hopper and play previously recorded content.

The tuners won't be shared between hoppers, but the recorded content can be shared over all the TV locations. If you need tuners shared, then put the joey at your main location so that it can link back and forth.

I'm a fanboi for the hopper. Its the best DVR on planet earth! lol :)

fanboi "Geek Term related to forum users who think a product/company/person can do no wrong."

I certainly don't think that Dish/Hopper can do no wrong but My Hopper setup is by far the best DVR experience I've ever had!

Notice how the DirecTV fanboys disliked the post where OP said Dish solved his "problem." Yet they say they aren't fanbois lol!

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Even better is 2H/2J for 3 TVs, only $1mo more than my previous 722/622/211 setup. The extra Joey next to the Hopper on my main TV allows me to set timers and control the other Hopper, or access another tuner for live TV if I inadvertently have all 3 in use on the first Hopper. Oh, and I can see the other EHD, too. All with a one button HDMI switch - nice features for now at $7mo over 2H/1J.
So, you are paying an extra $7/month for integration features that should have been provided from the start/upgraded by now. ;)

dare2be said:
So, you are paying an extra $7/month for integration features that should have been provided from the start/upgraded by now. ;)

Beats paying $17 a month for the older system with absolutely no integration whatsoever ;) .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

My viewpoint is that if/when hoppers are integrated to where the tuners and timers are universally accessible, then the system will be hard to beat by any fanbuoy's measure. :)

Press info twice,

I just discovered this.

Press the info button, now press it again, it should show what satellite this channel is on. A little dish icon will appear. I know this works for the hopper, let's see what else.

I just discovered this.

Press the info button, now press it again, it should show what satellite this channel is on. A little dish icon will appear. I know this works for the hopper, let's see what else.

And? This has been around for awhile (on other boxes too). Just curious if this had anything to do with the topic at hand, or if it was a random thought that popped up

Dirt said I couldn't do a 2 Hopper 1Joey. Had to. Do 2 of each, but I only have 3 TVs so I went with 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys. Kinda disappointed.

I called the loyalty department and nicely asked them if I could have a 2nd hopper to replace the joey. They hooked me up with one for free. Next week I will have 6 tuners instead of directv's 5. Best of all my bill won't go up. Can you say HAPPY?

Why would anyone dislike this post? He called and asked, and the situation was resolved.

I say congrats, and enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)