3 Tuners kinda stinks.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
With my directv set up I had 2 HD DVRs. I could record 2 shows on each one.

Now I have a hopper and a joey. If someone on the joey wants to record one show, and watch another, or record 2 shows, then I cannot record 2 shows on the hopper. The installer said the joey and the hopper should be able to record 2 things EACH. Maybe I'm not doing something right?

The installer was incorrect... You will probably be much happier with 2 Hoppers. You will have to jump through some hoops though if you only want 1 Joey with that Hopper... People have been known to get 2 Hopper / 0 Joey setups before though.

Maybe it's me but the 3 tuners makes the Hopper a Flopper. At least 4 so the hopper user can record 2 shows, and the joey can record 2.

If anyone in the living room records 2 shows at once, this means I can't record 2 as well.

I think maybe next year I will get another hopper.

You didn't research the Hoppers features and limitations prior to installation? Anyways, if you are a new customer, you have 3 days after initial installation/activation to make changes to your setup.

4 is ideal.

The recording of 6 shows, while possible, is misleading how it's done.

And the monthly cost is same as a Joey.

Was, two Hoppers is the way to go if one of you freaks out for missing their shows.

My wife has hers, the rest of the fam has the other. Can you figure out who the whack job is?

DirecTV fanbois please go back to the DirecTV forum from whence you came :p .

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Iceberg said:
I am not a fanboi or whatever the hell you want to call it. I am a Directv sub who is making a point.

Was kidding, but your point was that you like DirecTV so much that you go into Dish forums to talk about Dish's "problems?" That's generally what fanboys do... See I am happy with my decisions and therefore have no need to go into D* forums and defend against every last statement made that puts Dish in a bad light. Just sayin'!

I called the loyalty department and nicely asked them if I could have a 2nd hopper to replace the joey. They hooked me up with one for free. Next week I will have 6 tuners instead of directv's 5. Best of all my bill won't go up. Can you say HAPPY?

coinmaster32 said:
I called the loyalty department and nicely asked them if I could have a 2nd hopper to replace the joey. They hooked me up with one for free. Next week I will have 6 tuners instead of directv's 5. Best of all my bill won't go up. Can you say HAPPY?

That is just awesome! Wasn't expecting you to be able to get it done so easily. +1 for Dish!

so now Dish is the clear winner! heh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)